Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are the Texans Defensive Schemes...........

................adapting to the evolving NFL offensive schemes? Came across this interesting timely article. LINK Is this "new aggressive" scheme just a sign of the need for adaptation...........and is it appropriate and with appropriate "type" of personel..........and is it "enough?"
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans Defensive Schemes...........

I really can't begin to answer that until I see some regular season games and see how we do. Right now, all we have are rumors and inuendo of schemes.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #3
Rozelle
Rookie

Rep Power: 599 Rozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respected

I think so, I think every team adapts, it’s the execution, or lack there-of which become issues. Of course having talent helps, and having the players who fit your scheme, New England does a very good job with this. In today’s NFL defenses are mixing it up, showing 30 and 40 fronts, exotic blitz packages, and employing change of pace schemes, such as the 46. You hear Cover-2, Quarters, hybrid, Big Nickel, Zone Blitz and it goes on an on. The days of the in-the-box safety are over; they get exposed in coverage by the spread offense and athletic TEs. Now-a-days teams like their safeties to be interchangeable to help to disguise coverage, the days of the true strong safety is fading away.

The Texans adding a little 46 flavor is cool, The Texans look pretty decent with the front seven; need a little help on the back end. Keeping Dunta around is key; a pair of interchangeable safeties would be nice. I don’t know… for me… the safety position is where they look to be behind the times.
Rozelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I found this tidbit interesting . . .

Quote:
More teams have followed the Giants' lead and started moving pass-rushing defensive ends inside to tackle on long down-and-distance situations and using an additional speed rusher on the edge to increase athleticism up front. There also has been an infusion of situational pass rushers -- typically players too small to play defensive end full time but athletic enough to rush the quarterback from the edge.
Connor Barwin came to mind when I read that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

not to mention antonio playing the tuck role
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #6
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Antonio Smith and Barwin are that lol
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read