Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Revis shut down Johnson?
Yes 7 5.69%
No 116 94.31%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2009   #21
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could Darrelle Revis actually shut down AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
The last time a pro-bowl corner went 1-on-1 against AJ, he got 200+ yards.
Who was that?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #22
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Who was that?
Finnegan-igan.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Revis can do it without a top of the line DL in front of him.

Like that freak in Oakland.
Old 09-07-2009   #24
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Wow

44-0 rite now.

Got to love it!
Looks like SteveSlaton20 accidentally hit the wrong button, can a mod please fix this.
Old 09-07-2009   #25
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Looks like SteveSlaton20 accidentally hit the wrong button, can a mod please fix this.
yeah, wrong button
Old 09-07-2009   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I voted no. I don't think DReevis can shut AJ down. But since this is a team game, and the Jets have DReevis, Lito Sheppard, and Kerry Rhodes(the most under-rated safety in the league) I think we're in trouble, if we don't have a good plan.
Old 09-07-2009   #27
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I'm sure on a good day he could.
So i voted Yes.
However, I don't think he will do it on Sunday.
Old 09-07-2009   #28
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden cover

Could he? Sure he could, has shut down guys like Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald. Will he? Probably not, AJ is a beast. I doubt AJ has a field day on him, but he'll get his catches.

If I'm the Texans I'd be passing at Lito all day. He's looked horrible.
WhiteShoeWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #29
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShoeWillie View Post
Could he? Sure he could, has shut down guys like Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald. Will he? Probably not, AJ is a beast. I doubt AJ has a field day on him, but he'll get his catches.

If I'm the Texans I'd be passing at Lito all day. He's looked horrible.
Oh trust me they will be throwing at him all day long.
Old 09-07-2009   #30
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha shut down AJ the week after he went off on Finnegan.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #31
Capt. Spaulding
Rookie

You do understand that Revis won't be the only jet on the field come Sunday. Not that I'm knocking you guys or your team but ya'll are more sunshiners than us JETS fans. I really think you should be asking yourselves if your team will get over 500 this year instead of if 1 guy on your team is better than 1 guy on ours. But you do have one HELL of a receiver on your team but we have a few really good playmakers on ours. Go, JETS!
Capt. Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #32
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Spaulding View Post
You do understand that Revis won't be the only jet on the field come Sunday. Not that I'm knocking you guys or your team but ya'll are more sunshiners than us JETS fans. I really think you should be asking yourselves if your team will get over 500 this year instead of if 1 guy on your team is better than 1 guy on ours. But you do have one HELL of a receiver on your team but we have a few really good playmakers on ours. Go, JETS!
You guys have this same thread going on the jetsinsider board.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199001

Apparently Texans fans are not the only ones giving special attention to this match-up.

By the way, welcome to the board.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I don't believe it can be done, fellow sunshiners.

Maybe a question that would spark more debate here is, "Can Dunta Robinson shut down Jerricho Cotchery?". Our new Jet guests might get a good laugh over this one.
Old 09-07-2009   #34
Capt. Spaulding
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome. And, by the way, I do like your teams chances this year but until we see what either of these teams are about it should be difficult to discount our team till the game is over. I don't post on that site. THEGANGGREEN.COM, all the way, baby, and we have yet to touch on game 1 really. All the talk is about Brandon Marshall. But, as a JETS fan I will say that EVERY game worries me. 40 years and counting, you know. Good luck but I hope you all will be posting a "this is what we should have done vs. the JETS" come 4:30 on Sun. Go JETS!
Old 09-07-2009   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Oh trust me they will be throwing at him all day long.
Really? when have we ever gone after a weak corner?

Even if a corner/safety gets taken out of the game, and a cold rookie has to come in, we don't attack/exploit that like other teams do. We don't even acknowledge that it happens. We act like we believe one corner is just as good/bad as the next.

It even shows in how we acquire them.
Old 09-07-2009   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Thankyou so much for coming into my house and telling me how to act?

Would you like for me to prepare my wife & daughters for you as well?
Old 09-07-2009   #37
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do understand that AJ wont be the only Texan on the field come sunday right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #38
Capt. Spaulding
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Thankyou so much for coming into my house and telling me how to act?

Would you like for me to prepare my wife & daughters for you as well?
Man you guys can't take any critism at all. Even when I'm not criticizing. Maybe AJ will win the battle against Revis but the other 10 guys will have a little something to say about the outcome. Did I say we'd win? Nope. Just replying to a post.
Old 09-07-2009   #39
Capt. Spaulding
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
You do understand that AJ wont be the only Texan on the field come sunday right?
And ,yes, I realize that but that wasn't the threads topic. You are talking like that is the one area that is a given. You haven't had a winning season so I'm sure you have come to the realization that it takes more than your elite receiver to have one. Man you are an angry group. I haven't said one bad word about your team and you act like I took that one guy up on his offer of his daughter and wife. Go JETS!
Old 09-07-2009   #40
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we read the posts with a new york accent is why we are so touchy on posts from Jet fans

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read