Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2009   #1
Jottoz
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 766 Jottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans sign eight to practice squad

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5535

Name Pos. Age Exp. College
Davis, Buster LB 25 2 Florida St.
Foster, Arian RB 23 R Tennessee
Helms, Brett C 23 R LSU
Jamison, Tim DE 23 R Michigan
Jenkins, Darnell WR 26 1 Miami (Fla.)
Nading, Jesse DE 24 2 Colorado St.
Parson, Mark CB 23 R Ohio
Stenavich, Adam T 26 1 Michigan

Looks like all players from camp
Jottoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign eight to practice squad

I'm glad to see they brought Buster back. I half expected to see Brink brought back. Maybe they're not going to trade Rex.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Foster made it through
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad to see Arian Foster back in the fold, even if it's the practice squad. Has anyone seen a reason we kept Andre Hall as one of the RBs? I don't recall seeing him in preseason, but then I wasn't totally sober (hahaha) during the Tampa game. If anyone has an opinion on Hall I'd like to hear it, the other three RBs I already know.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm glad to see Arian Foster back in the fold, even if it's the practice squad. Has anyone seen a reason we kept Andre Hall as one of the RBs? I don't recall seeing him in preseason, but then I wasn't totally sober (hahaha) during the Tampa game. If anyone has an opinion on Hall I'd like to hear it, the other three RBs I already know.
Hall looked better than Foster in the Tampa game, and the fact that Foster had a difficult time getting on the field due to injury may have factored into the decision also.
Old 09-06-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Hall looked better than Foster in the Tampa game, and the fact that Foster had a difficult time getting on the field due to injury may have factored into the decision also.
I'm got the game on DVR, I'll probably watch it tomorrow. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hall hit the ground running the second he signed with us a couple weeks ago. He had the look of a man who's experienced the bitterness of being cut. He wasn't going to let that happen. I dont believe him to be a longterm solution but i'm glad the Texans are giving him a shot. He had competition. His place is well earned.
Old 09-06-2009   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
You beat me to it!
during the post-halftime coachchat, Kubiak said that he told Foster that he "wanted to see more out of him" that he (kubiak) thought Foster left some yards out on the field. "We'll see how he responds", Kubiak said. Apparently, Foster's "response" was insufficient to beat out Hall for that last RB spot.

From my point of view, Hall ran with more authority than Foster did in the TB game. It was almost like the Rex vs. Dan comparison; just like Rex had the better game at QB, Hall had the better game at RB.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am pleased with these eight players who were signed to the PS.
Old 09-06-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hall started for Denver last year and had a couple of big games before he was injured.

He can return KO's, Hall is a Moats clone but he runs harder.

Hall has good hands and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

Hall is more familiar with the offense and is better at blitz pickup than Foster.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

This is basically the Denver RB approach. You have a guy who works for a year or two but you always keep solid options nearby or on the practice squad. You run the guys into the ground and then get newer ones late in the next or via FA.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The roster and PS shape up pretty much as expected.

It makes more sense to keep Hall on the roster, he's already familiar with the NFL.
I swear that by the way Foster ran the ball in the PS, he was instructed to do so; ie. as not to show too much so we can slip him on the PS.

Let Brink go play somewhere in the "Minor League" better than have him on the PS. He has played in the WCO throughout college and he had spent enough time here to learn enough scheme already. Now that we have both Grossman and DanO, we don't need a project. He can always be called back.

I like Helms but he needs to bulk up and build some more strength.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I half expected to see Brink brought back.
Why? I think it's pretty apparent now that Brink has no future at the NFL level.....he's just a emergency camp arm now. (I hope I never have to see him in a Texans' camp again) We'll probably be using another late round draft pick on another project QB next year.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #14
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice. Actually, this is probably the first PS I've seen in recent memory that had players we could use. Seems like in years past they always had some washed up OT's, TE's and QB and none were worth putting in an actual game. At least Buster, Foster, and Jenkins seem to have some real skills.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know most of these guys because they're repeats from last year or they have college name recognition (like Foster).

But who the heck is Mark Parson??
Anyone heard of this guy before? I don't remember seeing him in T/C...? Did we steal him from some other team?

Never mind; sounds like he's been here all thru camp, I just overlooked him....
Quote:
Parson (5-10, 188) signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Texans on June 5, 2009. He attended Ohio University, where he was a three-year starter. At his college pro day workout, he reportedly ran a 4.4-second 40-yard dash.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 09-06-2009 at 05:25 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Why?

Because I believe the Texans are going to try & trade Grossman.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one is going to give us anything for Rex. Anyway he is pretty much our #2 right now with the way Dan struggled.
Old 09-06-2009   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I actually don't think we'll trade Grossman.

I think Kubiak in the past would've liked to keep 3 Qbs on the roster but couldn't get anyone decent to come in and be that third guy, unless you liked the idea of OD being the emergency third QB. Which probably terrified everyone considering the non existent running game.

To be honest this is a make or break year for Matt. If he misses a significant amount of time due to injury I hope we decide to cut the cord on the Matt Schaub experiment. It wouldn't be due to not liking the guy, his work ethic, or his body of work, problem is we still have a limited body of work. We all know Grossman's got a live arm and just needs to work between the ears. From what I've seen between the good Rex and bad Rex, he's capable of playing inside himself.

If we have to pull the plug on a Schaub I like our two options moving forward without investing a high draft pick.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I actually don't think we'll trade Grossman.

I think Kubiak in the past would've liked to keep 3 Qbs on the roster but couldn't get anyone decent to come in and be that third guy, unless you liked the idea of OD being the emergency third QB. Which probably terrified everyone considering the non existent running game.

To be honest this is a make or break year for Matt. If he misses a significant amount of time due to injury I hope we decide to cut the cord on the Matt Schaub experiment. It wouldn't be due to not liking the guy, his work ethic, or his body of work, problem is we still have a limited body of work. We all know Grossman's got a live arm and just needs to work between the ears. From what I've seen between the good Rex and bad Rex, he's capable of playing inside himself.

If we have to pull the plug on a Schaub I like our two options moving forward without investing a high draft pick.
I like this post. I have no idea if this is even close to the truth or not, but I like the post anyway.

Old 09-06-2009   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

I would hope then we draft a QB to develop say in the 4th round. Like Tony Pike from Cinci.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read