Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Just Thought I'd Share An E-mail I Got From Eric Winston

He feels People are already down on the team. What are your thoughts?

Gary,
How was the movie premiere? Hope all is well. What do you think of the team? Can't believe people are fown on us in the preseason! I have high hopes for this year. Look fwd to seeing you at the games!

Eric Winston
Old 09-05-2009   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just Thought I'd Share An E-mail I Got From Eric Winston

I can't say that I'm one that's "fown" on the team. I think they'll win 12 games.

But, really? Winston can't understand how people might be down on the Texans? The team has never had a winning season and has played like crap this preseason. Is there really no way to see how people might be a bit wary of this team?
nero THE zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 142039 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post

Gary,
How was the movie premiere? Hope all is well. What do you think of the team? Can't believe people are fown on us in the preseason! I have high hopes for this year. Look fwd to seeing you at the games!

Eric Winston
That just means there's expectations from the fan base . When your wanting to win but haven't you have tendency for the dreaded ... here we go again attitude .
Old 09-05-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

The O should be good this season like it was last season I hope they score more TD's once they are inside the redzone. On D, I am just fown on the secondary and the DT's.
Old 09-05-2009   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell him there are plenty of fans out there who are hopeful and excited. It is just the debbie downers who make all the comments and get all the attention. The vocal minority.
Old 09-05-2009   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 142039 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The O should be good this season like it was last season I hope they score more TD's once they are inside the redzone. On D, I am just fown on the secondary and the DT's.
Yep ... but in the salary cap era , all teams have weaknesses . The object is to overcome them by hook or crook . If your secondary is bad you better have a pass rush . Of course if the get 4.5 yards a pop on the ground and have third and one ... that's a problem .

Chris Brown should help in the redzone along with the OL having another year together . I think having Casey as do anything type player may help also .
Old 09-05-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Tell him there are plenty of fans out there who are hopeful and excited. It is just the debbie downers who make all the comments and get all the attention. The vocal minority.
Wow ... your name should be Glass Half Full
Old 09-05-2009   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

You tell Eric not to worry about us fans. Just win 'em all and he'll be fine. It's great that he emailed you personally. You're a lucky man, gary.
Old 09-05-2009   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... but in the salary cap era , all teams have weaknesses . The object is to overcome them by hook or crook . If your secondary is bad you better have a pass rush . Of course if the get 4.5 yards a pop on the ground and have third and one ... that's a problem .

Chris Brown should help in the redzone along with the OL having another year together . I think having Casey as do anything type player may help also .
Agree, I'd just like to know where he is reading or hearing this.
Old 09-05-2009   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably on THIS board!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
His radio show maybe .
Old 09-05-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You tell Eric not to worry about us fans. Just win 'em all and he'll be fine. It's great that he emailed you personally. You're a lucky man, gary.
It just goes to show you what type of person he is and that some players do care.
Old 09-05-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell him the smart fans know what's up. I don't think we're too high or too low right now. The thing that people tend to forget, is that the haters always scream louder than the non-haters... so it's not that there's more of them, there's just more of them that bother to post and call radio shows.

Kind of like when you read reviews online of certain things. People are more compelled to post their grievances than their praises.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
It just goes to show you what type of person he is and that some players do care.
I think the Texans just need to go out and play like they can and that will solve everything . I got into a discussion the other day with a guy saying the Texans don't have offense and need a QB . He said that drafting Mario was a reach and blah , blah , blah , ... I'll stop for a second and say talking about your team is like talking about your job or wife , I can do it but don't you dare ... anyways I started rattling off numbers and said maybe he should keep up he wants to be in the conversation . They need to quiet those folks up ... stay healthy Matt ... please .
Old 09-05-2009   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think the Texans just need to go out and play like they can and that will solve everything . I got into a discussion the other day with a guy saying the Texans don't have offense and need a QB . He said that drafting Mario was a reach and blah , blah , blah , ... I'll stop for a second and say talking about your team is like talking about your job or wife , I can do it but don't you dare ... anyways I started rattling off numbers and said maybe he should keep up he wants to be in the conversation . They need to quiet those folks up ... stay healthy Matt ... please .
The O only has control over how they preform on the football field. As far as the D goes they have to play well also. Every one go out and do their job and the fans should shutup.
Old 09-05-2009   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gary,

Eric Winston
Tell him I'm high on the team, but he needs to shape up!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

It's the D that must shape up.
Old 09-05-2009   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
It's the D that must shape up.
Well ... I think we'll be fine ... I hope ... I'm a little nervous but I think we'll be ok ... hopefully anyway .
Old 09-05-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

We'll see.
Old 09-05-2009   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell him he needs to eat more chicken wings so his arms can grow longer to keep them guys off the edge!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read