Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2009   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Causing fumbles

Were chilling out to NFL Total Access and noticed one of the rolling texts mentioning that Houston is tied for 1st in caused fumbles in pre-season by 4.

I'm thinking that's a good sign, and hopefully the result of the so-called aggressive defense
Old 09-03-2009   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Causing fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Were chilling out to NFL Total Access and noticed one of the rolling texts mentioning that Houston is tied for 1st in caused fumbles in pre-season by 4.

I'm thinking that's a good sign, and hopefully the result of the so-called aggressive defense
Hopefully that ranking will hold true throughout the year.
Old 09-03-2009   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I didn't know that, and you're right, that is a good sign! I didn't get to see the game against the Vikes (working). Did we cause many fumbles in that game?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That is great. That means our guys are activly looking to strip/knock the ball loose and shows promise towards a great turover ratio for the season. Lets hope they keep up the drills or whatever they are doing, and hope its not a fluke.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ofcourse we need to take that number with a grain of salt, it's pre-season after all and... well... not alot of statistical data to base it on. But I'll rather be tied first in pre-season that be #32
Old 09-03-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ofcourse we need to take that number with a grain of salt, it's pre-season after all and... well... not alot of statistical data to base it on. But I'll rather be tied first in pre-season that be #32
Amen to that!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Wait a minute! It's only preseason? Then why are so many running around here like their hair is on fire?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2009   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Wait a minute! It's only preseason? Then why are so many running around here like their hair is on fire?
Those two things do not not exclude the other
Old 09-03-2009   #9
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Those two things do not not exclude the other
Point taken.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, all 4 were against the Chiefs. We only recovered 2 of those fumbles.

OTOH, we've fumbled 7 times, only losing 1.

In the end, this stat means diddly.
Old 09-03-2009   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Thanks Negative Nancy.....
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're also leading the leauge in fumbles that are ruled down. "heart attack fumbles".
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Causing fumbles

Quote:

Well pee in my cornflakes.

But the first post didn't seem to sit right, and that's why, lol.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Not enough guys on the field are doing the same?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, I just promised myself I wasn't going to drink the Kool-aid this season until I began to see the results on the field. There have been a few positive things to look at, but the negative things have outweighed them by far. As of right now, this team is not ready for the regular season.
Old 09-03-2009   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Thanks Negative Nancy.....
That's not negative. That's fact. I thought the same thing when I saw the stat scroll across. Two of those fumbles were not caused by us but more like the weather there in KC.

OTOH Mario caused a fumble against The Saints.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That's not negative. That's fact. I thought the same thing when I saw the stat scroll across. Two of those fumbles were not caused by us but more like the weather there in KC.

OTOH Mario caused a fumble against The Saints.
He did cause it, but it was ruled incomplete due to the "tuck rule". No fumble
Old 09-03-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I will take a fumble but really, really do not want to give up one.
Old 09-03-2009   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did cause it, but it was ruled incomplete due to the "tuck rule". No fumble
I know. I just forgot why it was called back.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I know. I just forgot why it was called back.
Trust me, it should've been a fumble. That stupid tuck rule!! Freakin Brady!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read