Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2009   #1
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden cover
Default Week 1 vs. Jets

I came here hoping to read what you guys thought about the week one match up but didn't see any threads discussing it yet. I'm a Jets fan (obviously). I'm not quite sure what to think about the game, there are a lot of question marks on the Jets right now and I honestly don't know a heck of a lot about the Texans.

Important Matchups
M. Williams vs. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
This should be a great battle. Williams is already one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and Ferguson has developed into one of the best pass blockers in the league. When the Jets do pass, and I expect them to try and run quite a bit, whoever wins this match up will make a huge impact on the end result of the game. I suspect they will both have there moments.

Texans Blitz vs. Jets RB's/Center
With the Jets starting a rookie QB, I expect the Texans will look to blitz a lot too. Ryans looks like an outstanding LB from the little I've seen out of him. Nick Mangold (Jets Center) and whoever is in the backfield for the Jets will need to identify and slow down the blitz. Are there any other Texans blitzers to keep an eye on?

A. Johnson vs. D. Revis
Another exciting battle to look forward to. Arguably the best WR in the game vs. a rising star at CB. I imagine Johnson will get his catches, but think Revis can do a good job on him. The Jets ability to apply pressure on Schaub will be a huge factor here.

Texans O-Line vs. Jets Pass rush

With Schaub's dinged up ankle he'll likely be less mobile than usual. Rex Ryan has promised to bring the heat on defense. How will the Texans o-line handle the pressure? Keep in mind the Jets best pass rusher (C. Pace) and 3-4 DE (S. Ellis) are suspended for this game. Ryan's scheming will be key. How will the Texans handle big Kris Jenkins in the middle?

Texans D-Line vs. Jets Running attack

The Jets have all 5 starting o-linemen returning from last season when they blocked for the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones. Rex Ryan has promised a lot of running the ball from the Jets this year, and more of pro-bowl kick returner/RB Leon Washington on offense. We know Williams and Ryans are solid against the run, can you tell me more about the Texans run D and how it stack up?

These are some key match ups I'm thinking about. I'd like to hear what you guys are thinking.

Last edited by WhiteShoeWillie; 09-02-2009 at 06:39 PM.
WhiteShoeWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 1 vs. Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShoeWillie View Post
I came here hoping to read what you guys thought about the week one match up but didn't see any threads discussing it yet. I'm a Jets fan (obviously). I'm not quite sure what to think about the game, there are a lot of question marks on the Jets right now and I honestly don't know a heck of a lot about the Texans.

Important Matchups
This should be a great battle. Williams is already one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and Ferguson has developed into one of the best pass blockers in the league. When the Jets do pass, and I expect them to try and run quite a bit, whoever wins this match up will make a huge impact on the end result of the game. I suspect they will both have there moments.

With the Jets starting a rookie QB, I expect the Texans will look to blitz a lot too. Ryans looks like an outstanding LB from the little I've seen out of him. Nick Mangold (Jets Center) and whoever is in the backfield for the Jets will need to identify and slow down the blitz. Are there any other Texans blitzers to keep an eye on?

A. Johnson vs. D. Revis
Another exciting battle to look forward to. Arguably the best WR in the game vs. a rising star at CB. I imagine Johnson will get his catches, but think Revis can do a good job on him. The Jets ability to apply pressure on Schaub will be a huge factor here.

With Schaub's dinged up ankle he'll likely be less mobile than usual. Rex Ryan has promised to bring the heat on defense. How will the Texans o-line handle the pressure? Keep in mind the Jets best pass rusher (C. Pace) and 3-4 DE (S. Ellis) are suspended for this game. Ryan's scheming will be key. How will the Texans handle big Kris Jenkins in the middle?

The Jets have all 5 starting o-linemen returning from last season when they blocked for the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones. Rex Ryan has promised a lot of running the ball from the Jets this year, and more of pro-bowl kick returner/RB Leon Washington on offense. We know Williams and Ryans are solid against the run, can you tell me more about the Texans run D and how it stack up?

These are some key match ups I'm thinking about. I'd like to hear what you guys are thinking.
I think these two teams are pretty close talent wise and I have a feeling this is going to be a really good game. Nothing like opening day either. As for your important matchups:
Don't have much to add to this one, I know there were a lot of Texan fans that would have loved to see Ferguson in a Texan uni during the 06 draft so it will be interesting to see what kind of player he has turned out to be.

Conor Barwin has been quite impressive this preseason rushing from an end spot on passing downs. Brian Cushing has been out all preseason but will be ready for the Jets game but we don't know for sure what kind of player he is going to be especially in his first outing coming back from a knee injury. I do expect a healthy does of blitzes considering it will be Sanchez's first game and because of some of the things I saw in our last preseason game.

A. Johnson vs. D. Revis
We know about Revis in Houston, similar situation to Ferguson. Andre is most likely going to get his, a more important factor might be our number 2 guy Kevin Walter and his current hamstring injury. If he doesn't play I would expect the coverage to roll even more towards Andre and that could slow him down.

We will have our starting 5 returning in tact for the first time ever coming off a solid season together. Two of our interior guys have been banged up but will hopefully be themselves before the 13th. This is going to be a huge matchup because Ryan's Baltimore defense gave us fits last year (although Rosenfels was QBing at the time).

Another big one, if we aren't able to stop the run with some degree of efficiency it could be a long day. We still don't know exactly who our starting DTs are going to be come play one and whoever they are this area is probably average at best.

Having said all this when it comes to the Texans they can be extremely unpredictable. The Jets could beat us but we are equally capable of beating ourselves. This rule mainly applies for us on the road though, we have been 6-2 at home the last two seasons, 12-4 overall with 3 of those losses coming from our own division. (2x Indy 1x Tennessee) So pretty much even though we have been a .500 team the last two season combined we have looked completely different on the road vs. at home. There is still a ton of uncertainty for us, especially defensively, but I still feel that at the end of the year we will be around average on that side of the ball and we will have one of the better offenses in the league.
Old 09-02-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its pretty simple

Our offense vs. their defense
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #4
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden coverWhiteShoeWillie could be on the next Madden cover

Thanks for the detailed response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I think these two teams are pretty close talent wise and I have a feeling this is going to be a really good game.
Nothing like opening day either.
Let's hope for a really good game w/no injuries. The offseason is far too long in the NFL.

Quote:
As for your important matchups:

Don't have much to add to this one, I know there were a lot of Texan fans that would have loved to see Ferguson in a Texan uni during the 06 draft so it will be interesting to see what kind of player he has turned out to be.
And a lot of us were hoping for Super Mario. It looks like the Texans made a brilliant move passing on Bush. I'm excited to see how Brick handles him. I'm worried about when he plays over on Woody's side though - he's not so hot in pass protection.

Quote:
Conor Barwin has been quite impressive this preseason rushing from an end spot on passing downs. Brian Cushing has been out all preseason but will be ready for the Jets game but we don't know for sure what kind of player he is going to be especially in his first outing coming back from a knee injury. I do expect a healthy does of blitzes considering it will be Sanchez's first game and because of some of the things I saw in our last preseason game.
I should also ask how your LB's are in pass coverage. We're expecting Keller to be a pretty big mismatch against most LB's.

Quote:
A. Johnson vs. D. Revis
We know about Revis in Houston, similar situation to Ferguson. Andre is most likely going to get his, a more important factor might be our number 2 guy Kevin Walter and his current hamstring injury. If he doesn't play I would expect the coverage to roll even more towards Andre and that could slow him down.
On the Walter note - I'm worried about the Lito Sheppard pickup for our second corner. He was getting toasted by the Giants crappy receivers, got 2 PI calls and should have had 2 more. The Texans will likely attack him regardless of whether Walter plays or not.

Quote:
We will have our starting 5 returning in tact for the first time ever coming off a solid season together. Two of our interior guys have been banged up but will hopefully be themselves before the 13th. This is going to be a huge matchup because Ryan's Baltimore defense gave us fits last year (although Rosenfels was QBing at the time).
What kind of injuries are we talking about? I forgot the Ravens played the Texans last year. Ryan's Baltimore defense had a lot of ballers on it. We're hoping the scheme will bring the same type of D to NY, but only time will prove that. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Quote:
Another big one, if we aren't able to stop the run with some degree of efficiency it could be a long day. We still don't know exactly who our starting DTs are going to be come play one and whoever they are this area is probably average at best.
That's great news for a Jets fan that the starting DT's aren't named yet. To me that means there's a weakness in the middle. Let's see if Schottenheimer tries to attack it.

Quote:
Having said all this when it comes to the Texans they can be extremely unpredictable. The Jets could beat us but we are equally capable of beating ourselves. This rule mainly applies for us on the road though, we have been 6-2 at home the last two seasons, 12-4 overall with 3 of those losses coming from our own division. (2x Indy 1x Tennessee) So pretty much even though we have been a .500 team the last two season combined we have looked completely different on the road vs. at home. There is still a ton of uncertainty for us, especially defensively, but I still feel that at the end of the year we will be around average on that side of the ball and we will have one of the better offenses in the league.
That's a pretty good home field advantage. I'm sure the stadium will be rocking even more on opening day with everyone talking the Texans up during the off season.
Old 09-02-2009   #5
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Important Matchups
This will be fun to watch, like you said I expect them each to win their share. It's atypical these days for Mario to not at the very least have a handful of impact hurries each game. He may or may not come away with sacks, but you'll always know he's there.

Not sure what to expect here, out blitzes in the past have been largely ineffective, but we have a new D-coordinator. Based on our last preseason game he appears to be able to dial up some good pressure. We have a new LB, Brian Cushing, who's been billed as a player who can provide some pass rush but we haven't seen him yet due to an MCL sprain. Demeco is highly effective when he gets the opportunity.

A. Johnson vs. D. Revis
Another fun battle to watch. Johnson can really hurt you if Schaub's comfortable. He's an amazing receiver who is incredibly dangerous if our run game is allowing us effective boot legs and play action. He's been shut down before (by Asomugha), it'll be fun to watch a young talented guy like Revis take him on.

The Texans OL has come a long way in the last couple years. Knowing your new HC you guys will undoubtedly get in Schaub's face a fair share of times. Schaub's not very mobile to begin with, I don't think his ankle will be a big factor. He's gonna get pressured, the bottom line here is how Schaub handles the pressure, ie. turnovers.

Not that I don't respect Sanchez and your passing game, but this is my number 1 concern. The Texans D has been horrific against the run thus far, and you have a couple shifty backs who are more than capable of giving us some fits. If we get things figured out, and can try to make Sanchez beat us by himself then I like our chances. If Sanchez has a good ground game protecting him from 3rd and longs and helping to move the chains then it could be a long day for us.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #6
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's hope for a really good game w/no injuries. The offseason is far too long in the NFL.
Tell me about it.

Quote:
And a lot of us were hoping for Super Mario. It looks like the Texans made a brilliant move passing on Bush. I'm excited to see how Brick handles him. I'm worried about when he plays over on Woody's side though - he's not so hot in pass protection.
Mario will be rushing from both end spots, he is quite a load to handle for a lot of RTs.

Quote:
I should also ask how your LB's are in pass coverage. We're expecting Keller to be a pretty big mismatch against most LB's.
DeMeco is better against the run but he is a well rounded every down LBer. Zach Diles will likely be our weakside guy week 1 and he is similar to DeMeco just not as talented. Cushing is a guy that we drafted to play close to the line and really harass/beat up opposing TEs but since we haven't seen him yet I would say Keller could be a problem for us.

Quote:
What kind of injuries are we talking about? I forgot the Ravens played the Texans last year. Ryan's Baltimore defense had a lot of ballers on it. We're hoping the scheme will bring the same type of D to NY, but only time will prove that. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.
Our starting LG since day 1 of the franchise Chester Pitts had his elbows "cleaned out" over the offseason. This kept him out of the early parts of TC and when he got back in I think he tweaked a knee a bit. Our C, Chris Myers, sprained his ankle pretty good early in TC and has just worked his way back. Both played last Monday but they probably aren't 100%. They should probably be fairly close by the opener though.
Old 09-02-2009   #7
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm amazed by some comments:

We don't know who our starting secondary is?

We don't know who our starting DT's are?

We still don't know if we have a backup QB worth a darn or not?

We still don't know about our backup RB?

BUT THE PRESEASON IS TOO LONG??????

Sounds to me like we need a few more weeks. With all these question marks, how are we going to be prepared for the Jets?
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2009   #8
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, and Brian Cushing will not have played a down against NFL caliber competition when he lines up against the Jets.......
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect Mario Williams to make life hell for Mark Sanchez on passing downs, which I expect is not going to be alot of plays. IMO I think they are going to try and hammer the middle of our D line with Shonn Greene, Thomas Jones, and Leon Washington to expose what the Saints and Vikes have shown.

I am glad that the Broncos are not interested in trading Marshall to the Jets. That would spell trouble for our secondary for sure.

I forgot that Pace and Ellis are out for week 1, but im sure a good defensive coach like Rex Ryan will be able to still get pressure.

Not being a homer here, but Revis is going to get smoked like every other DB or secondary that has to face him. Its nothing to be down about. Its like facing Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in their prime. They are going to get theirs.

So Jets will run alot. Texans will pass alot, and both teams defenses will be suspect. I see a fairly high scoring game with the difference maker coming in the special teams division.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys for this thread. Helps get to know both sides of the ball from a fans point of view, and I like that.

A huge THANKS to our Jets fan for being a class act! It's a good feeling to log on and read a thread that is mostly discussion, and not so much negativity, except for ONE poster. I wish we had more threads like this one.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Pace aned Ellis being out is going to hurt bigtime. I know Jets fans want Vernon Gholston's head on a pike, so jopefully he shows up for them. Sanchez will probably not be a replica of Matt Ryan so there may be growing pains.

All in all, the Texans play tough at home and soft on the road. Unfortunately for the Jets I think they will want to make a statement on opening day for the fans. It's not unwinnable for the Jets by any stretch, but the suspensions, and the wake of Brett Favre are probably going to leave lasting indentions in the opening portion of the season.
Old 09-03-2009   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board. Nice analysis on the matchups. IMHO, I think the biggest battle will be our D against the Jets O. The Jets had a pretty OK running game last year and our D hasn't stopped anyone of consequence this PS, although we did much better after AD's big play. Starting a rookie QB worries me. We've let some bad QB's come in and look like HOFers in years past. Is that a thing of the past? Hard to say when we don't know what the starting D lineup is going to look like. I think it will be a good game and I hope we kick some Jet ass.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im personally excited to see Cushing go up against Sanchez. He was never allowed to make contact during practice at USC, so hopefully he'll be ready to knock him down a few times. If he gets that far
Old 09-03-2009   #14
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Thanks for all the info guys - I definitely know a lot more about the Texans after reading this.

I'm actually leaning towards a high scoring game here. The Texans weakness on defense is the Jets' strength on O and the Jets weakness on defense (pass d) is the Texans strength on O. Of course, if I think that, it will probably end up a 3-2 final.

Should be fun.

As for Gholston - a large majority of fans have him written off as a bust already. He hasn't shown much of anything at all, but there has been a little progress this preseason. I'm willing to give him another year or so - everyone can't be a starter right out of the block.

Revis getting smoked - I understand why you'd say that. Johnson is a beast. I think you may be surprised at how well Revis does though. If Johnson does light him up I won't be shocked or concerned though.
Old 09-03-2009   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

What is the WR situation like over there, mostly Jerricho Cotchery. I've got him in like every fantasy league I'm in thinking he'd be the #1 target this year. But now Clowney is tearing it up in preaseason
Old 09-03-2009   #16
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
What is the WR situation like over there, mostly Jerricho Cotchery. I've got him in like every fantasy league I'm in thinking he'd be the #1 target this year. But now Clowney is tearing it up in preaseason
Cotch is definitely the #1 target. Chansi Stuckey is the #2 WR, but Keller (TE) will likely be the #2 target for Dirty. Stuckey will share time at #2 with Clowney and Brad Smith.

Stuckey, Clowney and Smith are all unproven for the most part but have shown flashes. If I were to take a flyer on any of them from a fantasy perspective, I think Clowney has the best chance to explode. Stuckey seems like more of a slot guy to me. Keller is a nice late round TE sleeper.
Old 09-03-2009   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

As said before, the key to the game will be the Texans stopping to Jets' running game. If we can do that I think we win this game.

I think Leon Washington ia going to be yall's QW back by the end of the season. Thomas Jones seems to have lost a step over the offseason, and Leon is really starting to come on.

We are likely to pressure Sanchez a lot and force him to make the correct reads.

Another thing to watch is the turnovers. Our QBs have been turnover machines over the last 2 years.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #18
WhiteShoeWillie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
As said before, the key to the game will be the Texans stopping to Jets' running game. If we can do that I think we win this game.

I think Leon Washington ia going to be yall's QW back by the end of the season. Thomas Jones seems to have lost a step over the offseason, and Leon is really starting to come on.

We are likely to pressure Sanchez a lot and force him to make the correct reads.

Another thing to watch is the turnovers. Our QBs have been turnover machines over the last 2 years.
I pretty much agree with everything you said. I'm not sure what QW means, but it sounds like you're calling him the starter. TJ always looks bad in preseason and then just goes out and does his workhorse load over he season. He's nothing flashy, but durable and consistent. LW is a game breaker.

I'm SURE you'll be blitzing the hell out of the rook. Let's see how he handles the pressure. Hopefully schotty calls some well timed screens to Neon Leon.
Old 09-03-2009   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I pretty much agree with everything you said. I'm not sure what QW means, but it sounds like you're calling him the starter. TJ always looks bad in preseason and then just goes out and does his workhorse load over he season. He's nothing flashy, but durable and consistent. LW is a game breaker.

I'm SURE you'll be blitzing the hell out of the rook. Let's see how he handles the pressure. Hopefully schotty calls some well timed screens to Neon Leon.
Lol sorry I am using my blackberry and meant to type #1 not QW.

We were burned for 4 or 5 screens against Minnesota in that Monday night preseason game so I would assume the Jets run a couple of those.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Jenkins vs Meyers is the matchup I'm worried about. Jenkins is a monster and Meyers has struggled at times vs larger DT's. Plus he has been injured much of camp.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read