Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-02-2009   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Rumor: 3-way trade in the making (DEN,KC,ARZ)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sibly-in-works

Quote:
Do not get offended Brandon Marshall.

Rumor has it via Scout.com's Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals affiliates that star wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall could be on the move via a three-way trade between the Chiefs, Cardinals, and Broncos.

I was notified by fellow Broncos writer Randy Garcia that the proposed trade would be roughly as follows:

Cardinals Get

* WR Brandon Marshall

Chiefs Get

* WR Anquan Boldin

Broncos Get

* QB Matt Leinart

Okay, so this proposed deal does not make very much sense up front. It seems as though the Broncos are getting a pretty raw deal considering they have been rumored to be holding out for a first and fourth round pick in exchange for Marshall. Not to mention, this deal has the Chiefs giving up absolutely nothing.
Seems screwy unless KC is giving up draft picks as well.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: 3-way trade in the making (DEN,KC,ARZ)

ya that seems shady cause the broncos are getting ripped off as well.. and the chiefs have dwayne bowe already can u imagine dwayne bowe and boldin... wow marshal and fitzgerald... damn
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

bleacherreport story, so taken with a huge pinch of salt...

Plus the Cards are not getting rid of Leinart at the moment (he even looked quite impressive against the Packers!)

Unless there are picks involved, it makes no sense. I'm voting this is absolute rubbish.
Old 09-02-2009   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 91201 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's probably a bunch of bull-butter. But for grins, I reckon the Cards would rake in some nice draft picks in this deal.
Old 09-02-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Broncos Get

* QB Matt Leinart
Not happy with Kyle Orton?
Old 09-02-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 91201 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not happy with Kyle Orton?
From what I've seen of him this preseason has been less than stellar, to say the least. I've noticed McTradethefranchise totally reaming Orton out several times.

It sucks for Orton. My Dad went to Purdue so I tend to keep a peripheral eye out for them during the season. I've always liked Orton. Good guy, average QB.
Old 09-02-2009   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
From what I've seen of him this preseason has been less than stellar, to say the least. I've noticed McTradethefranchise totally reaming Orton out several times.

It sucks for Orton. My Dad went to Purdue so I tend to keep a peripheral eye out for them during the season. I've always liked Orton. Good guy, average QB.
Your dad is a yankee sumbitch??? Boooooooo!! J/K.

I don't dislike Orton, I was taking more of a shot at the Broncos organization. They have fouled up their offseason.
Old 09-02-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Your dad is a yankee sumbitch??? Boooooooo!! J/K.

I don't dislike Orton, I was taking more of a shot at the Broncos organization. They have fouled up their offseason.
Dad's from Cincy and Mom's from Ft Wayne, Ind.

Oh, no doubt. The Broncos made the biggest gaffe I've seen in quite some time. That's why I called McDaniels McTradethefranchise
Old 09-02-2009   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mom's from Ft Wayne, Ind.
Home of the washing machine agitator.
Old 09-02-2009   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think anybody believes that Orton is the long-term answer for the Broncos, although it's pretty up in the air as to how many believe Leinart would be (and the guy that about 99.99% believed was is now wearing a Chicago Bears uni).

On another front, there's a big question as to whether Orton's injured index finger is going to allow him to start the season (and being from the Belichick school releasing information, McDaniel is shedding no light on the situation).

If Orton is out, so is Chris Sims, and that means the Broncos start the season with Tom Brandstater at QB (Whoopee!).
Old 09-02-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Home of the washing machine agitator.
Ha, believe it or not, I used to have fun up there when I was a youngin. It didn't hurt that my Grandparents had a lake house on Sno Lake that we'd drive up to. Fun times!
Old 09-02-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Dad's from Cincy and Mom's from Ft Wayne, Ind.

Oh, no doubt. The Broncos made the biggest gaffe I've seen in quite some time. That's why I called McDaniels McTradethefranchise
Natti?? There's a lot of rednecks there believe it or not. Went there to see the Texans v. Bengals game our second season. Getting pelted in the back of the head for 4 quartes with chunks of ice was no fun.

They put chili on pasta there *vomits* and White Castle wasn't all that.
Old 09-02-2009   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
On another front, there's a big question as to whether Orton's injured index finger is going to allow him to start the season (and being from the Belichick school releasing information, McDaniel is shedding no light on the situation).
PFT was reporting that Orton had an open dislocation of the finger.

"Orton suffered on Sunday night an "open dislocation" of his finger, which is delicate medical talk for a bone twisting so severely that it ripped through the flesh and the skin surrounding it."

link

I can't see how that would be healed quickly.....
Old 09-02-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you trade Boldin for Marshal? One gets upset and complains a little, the other throws a temper tantrum. No way. At all.
Old 09-02-2009   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha, believe it or not, I used to have fun up there when I was a youngin. It didn't hurt that my Grandparents had a lake house on Sno Lake that we'd drive up to. Fun times!
Spent a couple weeks there on business one time. The cabbie pointed out that little piece of trivia and it always struck me as funny.

Asked the hotel front desk for a restaurant recommendation one time and they directed me to a Mexican place LOL. Ended up have a good time one night at the Oktoberfest.
Old 09-02-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Natti?? There's a lot of rednecks there believe it or not. Went there to see the Texans v. Bengals game our second season. Getting pelted in the back of the head for 4 quartes with chunks of ice was no fun.

They put chili on pasta there *vomits* and White Castle wasn't all that.
I've been there several times when I was younger. He still has a brother and sister living there, as well as a few cousins of mine. I don't think we ever went into the city. It was always a boring trip for me compared to Ft. Wayne and going to the Lake.

Probably because you weren't stoned.
Old 09-02-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Probably because you weren't stoned.
Something about airport security.
Old 09-02-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Something about airport security.
I think the odds would be in your favor locating some local tree.
Old 09-02-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I think the odds would be in your favor locating some local tree.
I don't know anyone there and I wasn't about to walk the streets of downtown Cincinatti (although we were staying across the river in Covington KY).
Old 09-02-2009   #20
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Bleacher Report.

'nuff said.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read