Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-01-2009   #1
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Speaker Size

Well...it looks like the Texans are going to police the size of our speakers. They don't seem to be taking the situation lightly either.

Yesterday they told us that at the next tailgate that we would not be allowed to use our speakers as they don't fit the new guidelines. They had people walking all over the Yellow Lot checking to see if folks were in spec.

No big deal to me...we weren't one of the groups blasting our music and offending others. If those are the new rules, we will abide by them. Glad to see all the "DJ" parties are removed from the Yellow Lot.

How was it in the other lots yesterday? Did any of you run into the "Speaker Patrol"?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Speaker Size

They need to police the Blue lot, esp up close to the stadium. Those guys play some real crappy music, IMHO, and very annoying! Hope they inforce this rule. We don't seem to have a problem in platinum. Even the guys with Raging Bull are respectful.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Speaker Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
They need to police the Blue lot, esp up close to the stadium. Those guys play some real crappy music, IMHO, and very annoying! Hope they inforce this rule. We don't seem to have a problem in platinum. Even the guys with Raging Bull are respectful.
I bet the sponsors are exempt (i.e. all the DJ clubs in the suite holder/blue lot).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #4
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I spoke to the wandering sound patrols about the sound issue.

My take to them was this: I understand the 68 decibel rule, but what's the purpose of the 11"x18" maximum speaker size rule? Sound is sound. It's either too loud or it isn't too loud. The size of the box making the sound shouldn't be an issue.

Their reply: It's not our rule. We are deferring to the City of Houston noise ordinance. They said the City set the maximum speakers size and maximum decibel levels.

Best I can tell, they are only half right. Here is a link to the Houston noise ordinance:Link

I can see the 68 decibel limit, but no limit on speaker size.

I guess I'll go buy some smaller speakers, but it seems like a waste of cash. The sound folks stated in no uncertain terms that our sound was not and never has been considered too loud.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm not getting the whole size of the speaker thing. What does that matter, if you are abiding by the rules of the level of music being played??
Old 09-02-2009   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
I spoke to the wandering sound patrols about the sound issue.

My take to them was this: I understand the 68 decibel rule, but what's the purpose of the 11"x18" maximum speaker size rule? Sound is sound. It's either too loud or it isn't too loud. The size of the box making the sound shouldn't be an issue.

Their reply: It's not our rule. We are deferring to the City of Houston noise ordinance. They said the City set the maximum speakers size and maximum decibel levels.

Best I can tell, they are only half right. Here is a link to the Houston noise ordinance:Link

I can see the 68 decibel limit, but no limit on speaker size.

I guess I'll go buy some smaller speakers, but it seems like a waste of cash. The sound folks stated in no uncertain terms that our sound was not and never has been considered too loud.

bpe3

Agreed!! It isn't the size of the speaker it's the sound coming out of it. Goofballs!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah, I'm not getting the whole size of the speaker thing. What does that matter
Bill, your mom lied to you.....
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2009   #8
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I bet the sponsors are exempt (i.e. all the DJ clubs in the suite holder/blue lot).
I hope not and I hope they curb that group of buffoons in the Blue Suite Lot from standing on the concrete barriers yelling at the opposing fans all drunk and cursing along with the loud music...seen it several times particulary after the games, but it was really bad at the end of the Titans and Bears game...had to apologize to those fans because that was just embarrassing.
Old 09-04-2009   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I could hear the speakers from the Red lot all the way over to purple clear as day. They were blaring rap music and I could hear it word for word (500 yards away).

So if you got policed, I wonder how they came away with no warning.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

WOW. I mosied over to Blue, Adam had some venders/friends over there. Column A - big corporate sponsered tailgates. column B - 5 dudes, enough DJ equipment to service a night club, 4 to 6 parking spaces, DirecTv and beer.

While I was over there, speakers across the aisle turned up, the tailgate I was at then pumped up their volume.

I didn't enjoy hearing 8 different competing sound systems at once - call me old. I'm glad we don't have that issue in our corner of he world, but if we did I would complain, a LOT.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-14-2009   #11
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
WOW. I mosied over to Blue, Adam had some venders/friends over there. Column A - big corporate sponsered tailgates. column B - 5 dudes, enough DJ equipment to service a night club, 4 to 6 parking spaces, DirecTv and beer.

While I was over there, speakers across the aisle turned up, the tailgate I was at then pumped up their volume.

I didn't enjoy hearing 8 different competing sound systems at once - call me old. I'm glad we don't have that issue in our corner of he world, but if we did I would complain, a LOT.

If your talking about over in area where the Lot22 Pole is in that lane, yeah I noticed that too when walking to the porta potties... and guess what, the fire marshall, the cop on a horse, and the other cops and everyone else in their little electric carts rolled by and said not a word.

And guess what, on the way out on the left side in the Blue Suite Lot had it going on too, just didn't see little ole esay standing on the cement wall yelling at folks so I guess 1 outta 2 isn't too bad then.

Last edited by MannyFresh; 09-14-2009 at 03:44 PM.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post

And guess on the left in the Blue Suite Lot had it going on too, just didn't see little ole esay standing on the cement wall yelling at folks so I guess 1 outta 2 isn't too bad then.
Yup - had to listen to the parking lot DJ going in and out of the game.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-14-2009   #13
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW, over in the orange, there was Mega101 or whatever they are called, playing music a little too loud.. and just happen to be the tailgating ambassadors at our area, and since we have come to know them since the first preseason game, I had asked what rights do they have playing music in regards to ours.. I was told the same applies to them, so I had asked them when they head out to go over there to them and ask them to turn it down, as I didn't want to hear it...it was just too loud for being over 100' away, rules are in place for everyone.. Well about 10 minutes later, it was turned down.
Just point out to your friendly ambassadors where the music is coming from, and if they are doing their job, the music will get turned down.. Or maybe I am lucky and have guys that do, do their job.....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #14
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I walked by the Mega guys on wour way in and didn't think they were loud. I guess they had toned it down some.

The fuzz is looking for law breakers more than rule breakers.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #15
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I walked by the Mega guys on wour way in and didn't think they were loud. I guess they had toned it down some.

The fuzz is looking for law breakers more than rule breakers.
Well this was about 30 minutes after the gates had opened and we had set up, which was somewhat BS, as they were just about set up already..Allowing people to come in and set up where people who have been there for years early is wrong, regardless of who they are..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #16
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well this was about 30 minutes after the gates had opened and we had set up, which was somewhat BS, as they were just about set up already..Allowing people to come in and set up where people who have been there for years early is wrong, regardless of who they are..
Orange has assigned spots?
Old 09-14-2009   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Orange has assigned spots?
If you are a well known tailgate that has been parking in the SAME spots since the dawn of the Franchise....yea, we have an unwritten Assigned Parking rule.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #18
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
If you are a well known tailgate that has been parking in the SAME spots since the dawn of the Franchise....yea, we have an unwritten Assigned Parking rule.
Oh, is that enforced? By whom? That's interesting I never knew that....
Old 09-14-2009   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, is that enforced? By whom? That's interesting I never knew that....
Note it says 'unwritten'. Why would anyone want to take an established spot away? Thats not very neighborly....
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #20
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
Note it says 'unwritten'. Why would anyone want to take an established spot away? Thats not very neighborly....
But they or anyone else who may be from out of town or just happen to be an early bird by nature and didn't know would be intimidated or scolded per "unwritten" rule? Would the neighborly factor apply then, or a "we were late" but yeah this is our spot and you gotta move apply in this case? I would like to know so they if I ever had to park in orange I most certainly wouldn't want to step on toes and be forced to move....I'd rather know ahead of time....perhaps a permanent map of the area yall use would be a great idea to post here for visitors/regulars to this website so as not to park there or else... is a good public gesture indeed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read