Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2009   #1
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does Sage want to come back to Houston?

I was wondering last night after the game if Sage wants to come back to the Texans. It was funny after he was sacked he held his hand up for one of the Houston guys to help him up and they just walked away. He just kind of grinned and shook his head. After the game he was chatting with Kubes, he probably asked him how Schaub's ankle was and if he would trade back for him. I think Kubes likes him and just wanted to give him a shot at starting somewhere else. If Sage had a crystal ball and could have seen he would be a backup to Brett - I think he would rather have stayed a backup in Houston.

Who knows maybe he will end up starting for them at some point this season if Brett goes down.
Old 09-01-2009   #2
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Sage want to come back to Houston?

Rosenfels is from the Midwest. I'm sure he likes that his family and friends can see him play now. He also has a better chance of playing time in Minnesota IMO. I think he's happy there.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

He also has a really legitimate chance at a ring.

Why wouldn't he be happier there than here?
Old 09-01-2009   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Rosenfels is from the Midwest. I'm sure he likes that his family and friends can see him play now. He also has a better chance of playing time in Minnesota IMO. I think he's happy there.
Bret Favre - 269 consecutive regular season starts , 291 if you include the playoffs.

Matt Schaub - Missed 5 games in each of the last two years. Has he even played in a playoff game ?!

Yep , looks like Rosenfels has a better chance to play in Minn than behind Schaub ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #5
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Bret Favre - 269 consecutive regular season starts , 291 if you include the playoffs.

Matt Schaub - Missed 5 games in each of the last two years. Has he even played in a playoff game ?!

Yep , looks like Rosenfels has a better chance to play in Minn than behind Schaub ....
I know, that's why I qualified it with IMO. I don't think Favre will last long. I think that other D-linemen will make it a point of pride to knock him silly.

I also think that the glass Schaub stuff is a bit overblown. I think that the last two injuries were both legitimate and that anyone would miss time if they had taken them -- even Favre. Matt gets one more chance from me, and last night didn't count. Freaking taping up your ankle to return to a preseason game is not evidence of being injury prone.

For all the chatter about how TJ will hurt us by playing out of his mind because he has to prove himself this year, Matt is basically in a contract year himself. This is his chance, and he knows it.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mr R. needs to play a bit better so he will have a job somewhere. So far, he better hope Favre stays healthy and Sage can just keep on cashing those big checks as a highly paid back up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read