Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2009   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How did Antonio Smith do????

Sorry, I got home and starting making dinner for my kids and when I was finally able to start to watch the game my DVR fried.

I didn't see much of him, it looked like the Mario and Demeco Show in the little bit I saw.
Old 08-31-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Antonio Smith do????

He hasn't lived up to the contract so far. He needs to up his game or it's Anthony Weaver part 2.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't flashed but he's been solid as far as what I've seen, being in on tackles and stops. But why does it matter, isn't Jacoby Jones a former preseason pro-bowler? Who cares what these guys do now were 0-0 judgements are to be determined.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #4
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

he was the reason Mario got his sack tonight. he went wide and was able to tip the ball as it was still in Farve's hand which gave Mario time to get to the inside to bring him down. other than that i thought i saw him in the backfield a lot but it was only when Mario and a DT were there with him collapsing the pocket.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He got absolutely WRECKED on the first play when AP went for a TD... but he's been in the backfield a helluva lot more than Weaver ever was. That will create a lot of problems for other teams when the guy on the other side is Mario.

I'll reserve judgement on Smith until we see him in the regular season.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
He hasn't flashed but he's been solid as far as what I've seen, being in on tackles and stops. But why does it matter, isn't Jacoby Jones a former preseason pro-bowler? Who cares what these guys do now were 0-0 judgements are to be determined.
Can we stop making excuses for players because it's pre season, and turn around and get all giddy for other players in pre season?

You're right it's pre season, but that's all we have to go off of to evaluate and look at how certain guys are playing. When they're in the game, they'll get judged off of what we see. The regular season hasn't start yet, so all we have to evaluate with are these games, and obviously we want to see some productive players.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read