Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2009   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eugene Wilson

Is not an NFL caliber free safety. If he misses one more tackle, he'll get a free one his next game. Pathetic. We've never had a real free safety, and its going to continue to cost us.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eugene Wilson

We might not agree about everything but my god how long have the two of us been saying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You're right. The man needs a bus ticket home. Unfortunately we got nothing to replace him with. Our only hope is that somebody really, really deep at the position cuts a FS.

Ok, it's really no hope at all.
Old 08-31-2009   #4
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You're right. The man needs a bus ticket home. Unfortunately we got nothing to replace him with. Our only hope is that somebody really, really deep cuts a FS.

Ok, it's really no hope at all.
C'mon...I am not loving this either, but is it really that bad? We don't look any worse than we did last year, and we are missing Cushing and Dunta. The first play of the game was unsettling, but I thought the D showed flashes.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
C'mon...I am not loving this either, but is it really that bad? We don't look any worse than we did last year, and we are missing Cushing and Dunta. The first play of the game was unsettling, but I thought the D showed flashes.
If your asking this question, you didn't watch the game. He whiffed on more tackles then i've ever seen. He got toasted like he was invoking the spirits of phillip buchanon. He was a detriment and directly led to 14 points for the vikings. What the hell else do you want?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-31-2009   #6
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
If your asking this question, you didn't watch the game. He whiffed on more tackles then i've ever seen. He got toasted like he was invoking the spirits of phillip buchanon. He was a detriment and directly led to 14 points for the vikings. What the hell else do you want?
Yeah...I watched the game. I saw at least five other guys look extremely bad on the first run. I don't think it is fair to put that entire play on him...at all.

I'm frustrated with the way we played, too. If it is OK with everyone, I am not going to give up on the team in the third pre-season game.
Old 08-31-2009   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Yeah...I watched the game. I saw at least five other guys look extremely bad on the first run. I don't think it is fair to put that entire play on him...at all.

I'm frustrated with the way we played, too. If it is OK with everyone, I am not going to give up on the team in the third pre-season game.
If your not blaming your SAFETY for being the last line of defense on a 75 yard gain, who would you like to blame?

You do whatever you like. I'm not quitting on my team. Im frustrated at the elephant in the room with teh giant hole in him that lets teams score points against us. If thats okay with you, that is.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2009   #8
Spike
Veteran

Quote:

To answer your question, I just pretty much don't want to be attacked for expressing my opinion.

Otherwise, I am good.
Old 08-31-2009   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

id really also like an explanation on how cushing and dunta are going to make eugene wilson not suck...you know, given that he is kinda the subject of this thread and all.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-31-2009   #10
Spike
Veteran

Quote:
id really also like an explanation on how cushing and dunta are going to make eugene wilson not suck...you know, given that he is kinda the subject of this thread and all.
Sorry I got off the kinda topic of this thread. '

Wilson sucks, piss, moan...
Old 08-31-2009   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Sorry I got off the kinda topic of this thread. '

Wilson sucks, piss, moan...
Thanks for your eloquent contribution. You've really helped me delve into the heart of our FS issues, and my perspective has changed entirely.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-31-2009   #12
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If your not blaming your SAFETY for being the last line of defense on a 75 yard gain, who would you like to blame?

You do whatever you like. I'm not quitting on my team. Im frustrated at the elephant in the room with teh giant hole in him that lets teams score points against us. If thats okay with you, that is.
If you are going to blame anybody, blame Barber he took a terrible angle and he was the last line of defense. That was his fault, and the entire teams too.

BTW, still hate Barwin?
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
If you are going to blame anybody, blame Barber he took a terrible angle and he was the last line of defense. That was his fault, and the entire teams too.

BTW, still hate Barwin?
Yup. Still do.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-31-2009   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't blame THAT TD on Wilson, but I DO blame the one before the half on him. If he wants to OLE something, he should go to Mexico and be a bullfighter. THAT was his pathetic attempt at a tackle.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #15
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't blame THAT TD on Wilson, but I DO blame the one before the half on him. If he wants to OLE something, he should go to Mexico and be a bullfighter. THAT was his pathetic attempt at a tackle.
Agreed, it was a terrible play, but lets not make him the whipping boy solely on that play. It was a terrible tackle, but I don't think he would have pulled that one during the regular season.
Old 08-31-2009   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Agreed, it was a terrible play, but lets not make him the whipping boy solely on that play. It was a terrible tackle, but I don't think he would have pulled that one during the regular season.
Any particular line of thinking behind that?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-31-2009   #17
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
Yup. Still do.
I certainly don't respect your opinions but I do respect how deeply you are committed to the hate of a few select players. We'll call it SWT's ****list. So who's on it? So far, that I have seen Connor "freaking" Barwin, Eugene Wilson and who else?
Old 08-31-2009   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And you have WHAT to back that up with? There's an old adage about playing like you practice for a reason and not one about turning it on when you want to and kicking ass when it counts.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #19
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
Any particular line of thinking behind that?
Yeah to me it looked half-hearted at best, and I have not seen anything to indicate that he is that kind of player prior to this, so I'll put that one in the preseason column.
Old 08-31-2009   #20
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And you have WHAT to back that up with? There's an old adage about playing like you practice for a reason and not one about turning it on when you want to and kicking ass when it counts.
Is there an echo in here?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read