Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2009   #1
WeRun!!!Houston
waterboy

Default Would You say the Texans Rivals are...

The Texans are obviously rivals with the Colts and the rest of the AFC South, but what about the Cowboys?

NFC East-AFC South rivalry goin on?

I think so.
WeRun!!!Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You say the Texans Rivals are...

The only rivals we have are

Texans-Titans
Texans-Colts
Texans-Browns
Texans-Miami
Texans-Saints
Texans-Raiders
Texnas-Dallas
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRun!!!Houston View Post
The Texans are obviously rivals with the Colts and the rest of the AFC South, but what about the Cowboys?

NFC East-AFC South rivalry goin on?

I think so.
I think not. We don't meet often enough to be a rivalry. It takes too much energy to get emotionally involved in a team that meets only every four years. Heck that's only 5 times in 20 years. I would be happy to support each other in efforts towards a winning season and do Texas proud.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
The only rivals we have are

Texans-Titans
Texans-Colts
Texans-Browns
Texans-Miami
Texans-Saints
Texans-Raiders
Texnas-Dallas
No Jags in there? They're our biggest rival that worries as much about us as we do them. The Colts and Tacks take a "big brother aabout to school you" attitude towards our games. The sAints only make sense if RB is playing like an NFLer. Doesn't happen much. I have to say Jags, Miami(we've never lost to them), Colts and Tacks. The others are just so much fodder.
Old 08-31-2009   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans and Cowboys are the obvious rivals of the Texans fans. However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags. This is probably because it has been a competitive series with the Texans having the edge.

The Texans have only beaten the Titans 3 times and the Colts once. A true rivalry must go both ways and I don't see either the Colts or the Titans considering the Texans rivals yet.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys are not a rival.

We help them and they help us.
Old 09-01-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

themselves. Rivals are born out of important games. A team taking something away from the team you support, or your team taking something away from another Franchise. If you can compete for a division then rivals naturally spring forth from the teams that deny you, or teams that you beat. So far the Texans biggest problem is that everyone else in the division is always playing for something at the end of the year, but the Texans are seemingly always just playing with themselves.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The Titans and Cowboys are the obvious rivals of the Texans fans. However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags. This is probably because it has been a competitive series with the Texans having the edge.

The Texans have only beaten the Titans 3 times and the Colts once. A true rivalry must go both ways and I don't see either the Colts or the Titans considering the Texans rivals yet.
What he said ^^^^^

No question it's been the Jags. If the Texans played every team like the do the Jags they'd be so much of a better team. For some reason those games against the Jags are the most intense games of the season. The Texans really get up for those games. NO question it's the Jags.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #9
WeRun!!!Houston
waterboy

Alright then, I;m a Texan & Eagle fan, so I was just hoping everyone hates the Cowboys as much as I do
FanHuddle.com
WeRun!!!Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags.
I would believe the Jimmy Redmond hit is what started that rivalry, following the David Carr slam helmet down incident.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I think not. We don't meet often enough to be a rivalry. It takes too much energy to get emotionally involved in a team that meets only every four years. Heck that's only 5 times in 20 years. I would be happy to support each other in efforts towards a winning season and do Texas proud.
Right. A rivalry has to go both ways too. Dallas fans don't look at the Texans as a rival. We look at the NFC East. There aren't any big games that count that we play. The Texans rivals are the Jags, Titans and Colts.
Old 09-01-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This!! ^^^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What he said ^^^^^

No question it's been the Jags. If the Texans played every team like the do the Jags they'd be so much of a better team. For some reason those games against the Jags are the most intense games of the season. The Texans really get up for those games. NO question it's the Jags.
Agreed. Now would you and Thorn please fix y'alls avatars..
Old 09-01-2009   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright then, I;m a Texan & Eagle fan, so I was just hoping everyone hates the Cowboys as much as I do
Oh, don't worry.

Most of us DESPISE the Cowboys.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm a Texans & Giants fan. So yes I really hate the Cowboys, and the Eagles too.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #15
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
The Cowboys are not a rival.

We help them and they help us.
The Cowboys are most of Houstons rival, I dont think the Texans have much to do with it....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

1. Titans
2. Jags
3. Colts
4. Dolphins (you know they hate us right now...)
5. Cowboys
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #17
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

The only team I can think of are the Jaguars are #1

Too bad its not the Buc's...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #18
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Our only rivals are our own fans.... just kidding .

I gotta go with Tick Tacks !
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Oh, don't worry.

Most of us DESPISE the Cowboys.
I resemble that remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This!! ^^^^^^^^

Agreed. Now would you and Thorn please fix y'alls avatars..

What are you talking about?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #20
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Houston against Bud Adams. Hands down.

next?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read