Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Favre Cracked Rib But will play

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4434939

Quote:
Brett Favre told ESPN before the Minnesota Vikings' game on Monday that he suspects he may have a cracked rib.

Favre hasn't had an official diagnosis, but he says taking a deep breath causes discomfort. The 39-year-old quarterback isn't listed on the injury report and no other other Vikings official mentioned the injury pregame.

The three-time MVP says he has no plans to wear any kinds of special padding, saying "the damage is done." Favre is expected to play the entire first half against the Houston Texans.
Old 08-31-2009   #2
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Favre Cracked Rib But will play

I self diagnose myself all the time, and I'm usually right too.

L8R,

T-Mac
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
If Brett said it himself, it must be true.
Old 08-31-2009   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

BS. Favre is an attention whore who will do anything to stay in the spotlight.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

We Want Sage!

We Want Sage!

We Want Sage!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
BS. Favre is an attention whore who will do anything to stay in the spotlight.
Yeah, he's just saying this so he can get attention. Geez, is it that far out of the realm of possibility that a football player might have actually got hit on a play?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice built-in excuse for Favre.

If he has a cracked rib - a legitimately cracked rib - then he shouldn't be playing in a pre-season game, especially when you have two capable QBs other than him.

He's just looking for attention again... and giving the MNF booth reason to talk about what an incredibly brave warrior he is for even suiting up tonight.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2009   #8
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love for Conner Barwin to do a tap dance on "the great one" and return a "favor" to the viking's qb.

just sayin'
Old 08-31-2009   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yes i dont ususally condone this but maybe mario putting on a massive Hits to farve ought to be fair for mullet dude chop blocking Matts ankle
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If you truly have a CRACKED rib, when you breath, you will not have "discomfort"....................You will be in SEVERE PAIN...........unless you are drugged up or shot up in order to try to play.........and then, the word "STUPID" comes to mind.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

If he has a cracked rib - a legitimately cracked rib - then he shouldn't be playing in a pre-season game, especially when you have two capable QBs other than him.
Brett Favre: Brad - I have a cracked rib, but I'm going to start tonight anyway.

Brad Childress: Okay Brett. Need a ride to the game?
Old 08-31-2009   #12
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yes i dont ususally condone this but maybe mario putting on a massive Hits to farve ought to be fair for mullet dude chop blocking Matts ankle
My wife offered to cook Mario anything he wanted for dinner if he sacked Favre,,,he happily accepted the offer and said with a giggle "I'm plannin' on gettin' him anyway!"
Old 08-31-2009   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, he's just saying this so he can get attention. Geez, is it that far out of the realm of possibility that a football player might have actually got hit on a play?
Nope, I believe that it is possible. But no player (a 19 year vet mind you, whos position on the team is cement) would play in a meaningless game.

I have cracked multiple ribs playing hockey. They are a *****, if it was a real game then yea, I believe that he would play through it. But a game that does not mean squat, uh uh, I am not buying it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

begging for drugs is unbecoming brett

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre is so damned transparent now. He's throwing that out there so that if he plays well he adds to the legend and if he stinks up the place he's got an excuse. It will probably help him draw a roughing the passer penalty too if any Texan gets within 4 feet of "His Majesty".

I want to see sacks tonight.
Old 08-31-2009   #16
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If you truly have a CRACKED rib, when you breath, you will not have "discomfort"....................You will be in SEVERE PAIN...........unless you are drugged up or shot up in order to try to play.........and then, the word "STUPID" comes to mind.
Vicadin anyone?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Brett Favre: Brad - I have a cracked rib, but I'm going to start tonight anyway.

Brad Childress: Okay Brett. Need a ride to the game?
Nice!
Old 08-31-2009   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I self diagnose myself all the time, and I'm usually right too.

L8R,

T-Mac
Didn't you know that Favre plays a doctor too. I'm awaiting his retirment from his private practice.
Old 08-31-2009   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Nope, I believe that it is possible. But no player (a 19 year vet mind you, whos position on the team is cement) would play in a meaningless game.

I have cracked multiple ribs playing hockey. They are a *****, if it was a real game then yea, I believe that he would play through it. But a game that does not mean squat, uh uh, I am not buying it.
How is this a meaningless game?? Newsflash, he wasn't even in camp and has barely played in pre season but for a few plays. He needs chemistry with his WR's and his team in the huddle. Hell he wasn't even there for the first pre season game. This is a "Must play" game for him all of the way if this team expects to get any good offense this season. They've invested a lot of money in Favre, and he needs to be out there going through reps with his team. And spare me with the "Well he should have been in camp then" response, because he wasn't and that can't be redone now, so he needs to get all the reps that he can if they want to have a productive offense once the season starts.

Geez, I swear people will come up with any conspiracy they can with Favre now days. The man plays football for heavens sake. This isn't a typical situation where a QB has been with the team for several years. He just got there like two weeks ago.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet with cracked rib his passes wouldn't make it across the pond.

Hes Brett Favre, hes an attention wh0re and wants to make a good showing for MNF. He might just be bluffing to make it look like a Superman type feat. Who knows?

I hope Mario get a shot or 4 at those ribs. Then we will get to see Rosencopter. He worries me more than Brett though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read