Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Need advice for new route to Reliant for MNF against Vikings

TexansFight

Veteran
I am a season ticketholder and have Blue Lot parking and live in North Montrose. I usually just take Montrose down to the traffic circle near the museums and take Main St. down to Kirby and make a left and then make another left on Westridge to get to the parking lot

Well, the lane closures on Kirby and now lately the moronic cops directing traffic have made what was once a relatively painless and quick jaunt to the stadium much more of a headache.

If this was a normal Sunday noon start I would just try 288 S to 610 and exit Kirby. However, since we have a Monday night game I was just wondering if this still would be a good idea with all of the Pearland traffic. Does the traffic on 288 from downtown to the Loop and then the Loop to Kirby move at a decent rate or are you basically just stuck in stop and go hell.

The main problem now is making a left from Kirby on Westridge. I am also thinking of taking S Main down to Westridge and making a left on Westridge and riding that in to the stadium. The cops let that traffic go for 5 minutes before maybe letting 5 cars at most make a left on Kirby. I appreciate any tips.

I am a season ticketholder and have Blue Lot parking and live in North Montrose. I usually just take Montrose down to the traffic circle near the museums and take Main St. down to Kirby and make a left and then make another left on Westridge to get to the parking lot

Well, the lane closures on Kirby and now lately the moronic cops directing traffic have made what was once a relatively painless and quick jaunt to the stadium much more of a headache.

If this was a normal Sunday noon start I would just try 288 S to 610 and exit Kirby. However, since we have a Monday night game I was just wondering if this still would be a good idea with all of the Pearland traffic. Does the traffic on 288 from downtown to the Loop and then the Loop to Kirby move at a decent rate or are you basically just stuck in stop and go hell.

The main problem now is making a left from Kirby on Westridge. I am also thinking of taking S Main down to Westridge and making a left on Westridge and riding that in to the stadium. The cops let that traffic go for 5 minutes before maybe letting 5 cars at most make a left on Kirby. I appreciate any tips.

When I lived in Montrose I would just take the train from the Wheeler or HCC stations in Midtown. You can park on one of the side streets by the Continental Club or near the Wheeler Station. It's quick and relatively easy. They can get pretty crowded, but it is preseason and especially if you are riding in a little early rather than right at the game's start, you should be ok. Plus if you time your exit right there is no post game traffic, although there may be a line to get on the train.

Back