Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-09-2005   #1
KeithBulluck53
Rookie

Default Madden 06

anybody know whoes on the cover? If not who do you think will
KeithBulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #2
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

No word just yet. Probably won't know anything til June.
Old 02-09-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady is my guess.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Lets hope that Peyton is on it...I'm all about the curse.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #5
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'm guessing Peyton or Brady.
Old 02-09-2005   #6
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBulluck53
anybody know whoes on the cover? If not who do you think will
Man i thought you had a had a preview or something. Am I pathetic for having my heart skip a beat at the thought of this? I don't have a problem with it, I'm just looking for confirmation.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I would also guess Peyton Manning. Although Tom Brady or Donovan McNabb could also be possiblities.
Old 02-09-2005   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Madden Curse is still alive

Ray Lewis missed the playoffs on a team expected to be a superbowl , contender. His teamates went to jail, and or went to trial. T.O. doesn't stay in Baltimore forcing them to pick the worst WR's from free agency. Todd Heap gets injured alot with Jamal Lewis Suspension , along with Odgen injuries, which prevent the offense from being effective in anyway.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 02-09-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #9
THEFUTURE
All Pro

didnt hear to much about the curse this year, Ray had a solid year, and didn't have anything majorly bad happen to him... is the curse over?

the Ravens missing the playoffs doesnt have anything to do with the curse madden has on a player, Ray had a good year, its the offense of the Ravens that is cursed
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #10
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
the Ravens missing the playoffs doesnt have anything to do with the curse madden has on a player
Really? Every team with a Madden Cover player made the playoffs the previous year to being on the cover.

It is very much apart of the curse.

While Ray Lewis Escaped injury or drop in production, his entire team was in disarray all year long.
Old 02-09-2005   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh.. the curse pretty much ended with Ray Ray.. he didnt get injured, and that is what the curse was about. Though his career did take a dive this year.. for one reason or another.
Old 02-09-2005   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton won't be on the Madden cover...I'll bet the house on it...He signed an exclusive deal with Microsoft, so he'll only be on the NFL Fever cover...

As for my guess, I think it will either be Moss or TO...
Old 02-09-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

actually.. EA just signed a deal with the NFL and now only EA can make NFL football games.

So.. not only will Peyton not be on the cover of NFL Fever... there wont BE an NFL fever next year.
Old 02-09-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
actually.. EA just signed a deal with the NFL and now only EA can make NFL football games.

So.. not only will Peyton not be on the cover of NFL Fever... there wont BE an NFL fever next year.
hmmm...Thought it was only an ESPN and EA merger...
Old 02-09-2005   #15
H-TownRules
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Peyton won't be on the Madden cover...I'll bet the house on it...He signed an exclusive deal with Microsoft, so he'll only be on the NFL Fever cover...

As for my guess, I think it will either be Moss or TO...
Fever's been discontinued, so unless that contract between him and microsoft still stands, I see him as a good possibility for being on the cover...
Old 02-09-2005   #16
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownRules
Fever's been discontinued, so unless that contract between him and microsoft still stands, I see him as a good possibility for being on the cover...

The plot thickens...

Looks like I may be out a house...
Old 02-09-2005   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

hmm.. im not sure Vinny.. its possible its not until after this next season. It would make sense.. since some development studios had probably already started creating the next batch of football games.
Old 02-09-2005   #18
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Not only did EA sign a deal with the NFL for exclusive rights, but they also bought the rights to use all of ESPN's stuff (not ESPN the video game) after next year. As far as I know the NFL agreement is in effect, there won't be any other official NFL games besides Madden for years. While I'm looking forward to Madden '07 which could hypothetically be using alot of cool ESPN presentation and the like, I'm disappointed that there will be no other NFL games for a while. Without competition to push them, I don't think EA will put out as good of a product. But I guess if your competition is making you work for your sales, just buy them out.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #19
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
But I guess if your competition is making you work for your sales, just buy them out.
That's the American way...Ask Bill Gates...
Old 02-09-2005   #20
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Eh.. the curse pretty much ended with Ray Ray.. he didnt get injured, and that is what the curse was about.
Didn't Eddie George stay healthy also? I think his fumble in the playoff game was why people said he was "cursed." The fumble was returned for a TD by Ray-Ray.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read