Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: What would you give for Thigpen
Travis Johnson 4 15.38%
Wide receiver 1 3.85%
3rd round pick 0 0%
4th round pick 1 3.85%
Nothing. I'm happy with Dan Orlovsky 18 69.23%
Other. Post in a reply. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2009   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block

Reports are circulating that Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block. KC wants a 3rd round pick for him. Jacksonville wants him but thay are only offering a 5th rounder at this point. Do you think the Texans could use Thigpen? We could offer them TJ or a 4th rounder. He is a decent qb that lit it up pretty good the last half of last year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Reports are circulating that Tyler Thigpen is on the trading block. KC wants a 3rd round pick for him. Jacksonville wants him but thay are only offering a 5th rounder at this point. Do you think the Texans could use Thigpen? We could offer them TJ or a 4th rounder. He is a decent qb that lit it up pretty good the last half of last year.
Yeah, but he was basically running the spread and only won 1 game.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

KC has 4 QBs on the roster they will end up accepting the Jags offer if nothing better comes along, same with the Bucs and not one of them that is going to be traded is worth a 3rd.
Old 08-29-2009   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for "Nothing."

Thigpen can continue to look good in preseason all he wants. I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder when we only got a 4th rounder for Sage.

Plus, I feel Orly could do as well as Thigpen in terms of being a backup.

It's just a backup, after all. If Schaub regresses this year, I think we'll be drafting a QB in the first round.
Old 08-29-2009   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather have Thigpen than Orlovsky, as a developmental QB. I believe Thigpen has more upside, and I know he had more production in 2008.

But, neither is ready to help win, now. And unless it would bring in a player that could help win in 2009, I don't want Smith and Kubiak touching these future picks.
Old 08-29-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Orlovsky made bad decisions in between making several good throughs. This should remind you of someone else who currently plays QB for the Texans. I was frustrated with him in the KC game and NO as well until I went back and watched the film. He looked very good in the 2nd half. With Kubiak tutoring him I think it's all there. He'll be a very good backup and maybe worth a couple of draft picks or a good starter for us if something happens to Schuab. It's going to take time. He's not at the level Schaub was when we got him from Atlanta but he doesn't have the same value that Schaub had either. He's our backup. He needs to be good enough to not commit turnovers and move the ball decently if he has to come in for Schaub. I think he's capable of that and has the ability to be much much better.
Old 08-29-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

we just overpaid for Orlovsky as if he were the second coming of the Rosencopter. I donno if we can fit more mediocre QB's into the pay slot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Cassell got hurt in the game tonight..leg injury I think.

They may not be making any trades now.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we just overpaid for Orlovsky as if he were the second coming of the Rosencopter. I donno if we can fit more mediocre QB's into the pay slot.
I don't see how we overpaid for a quality QB backing up a quality starting QB who has never played 16 games in a season in a system that relies heavily on the QB making good reads. He's only played 3-4 quarters for this team. There was lots of good in those quarters. (Kube-ism) "Where there alot of mistakes? You bet." But there were alot of good throws too.
Old 08-30-2009   #10
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we trade them Rex for Thigpen?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Guessing with Cassel's injury this is no longer the case, but stranger things have happened
Old 08-31-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I don't see how we overpaid for a quality QB backing up a quality starting QB who has never played 16 games in a season in a system that relies heavily on the QB making good reads. He's only played 3-4 quarters for this team. There was lots of good in those quarters. (Kube-ism) "Where there alot of mistakes? You bet." But there were alot of good throws too.
HOw do you even know if he's a quality back up when he never even won a game last season??? He hasn't done real well in pre season either.

Now he might be a quality back up, but just because he plays for the Texans doesn't automatically make him a quality back up.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
You are just repeating coachisms. I'm sure you were on the Stacey Mack bandwagon too huh? His salary is on the hefty side for a guy who hasn't proven much.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read