Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub Speaks: An Interview with the Houston Texans' Starting QB

Quote:
The congestion of bodies is absolutely punishing. You look to your left and right, hoping to dash for a clear passage through to the other side, but it's not promising.

After inching for what feels like forever, a crevice to maneuver through finally opens. If you pick up enough speed, you can hit the opening before the big guy coming from the other direction forces you off course.

Sweat drips into your eyes and your breathing is heavy. The crowd is shifting even closer, everyone astutely aware of the opportunity as the opening ahead becomes even narrower.

Drenched in your own sweat and overwhelmed by the stifling conditions, you collapse. Defeated.

Yet, this is not an attempt to create the atmosphere of a torturous football game. Not in the slightest. In New York City, that's called riding the train in July and August.

But the perils of such conditions are very real. And such hazards are exactly what inspired Matt Schaub, the NFL, and Gatorade to launch the "Beat the Heat" campaign this summer.

Speaking with passion and unquestionable enthusiasm on the topic, Schaub detailed the importance of staying hydrated on the field.

And understandably so. Taking measures to prevent against heat exhaustion has been a chief concern in the NFL since the untimely passing of Minnesota Vikings' lineman Korey Stringer in 2001.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ns-starting-qb
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub Speaks: An Interview with the Houston Texans' Starting QB

Quarterback Matt Schaub here to tell you about hydration!

He could be the next Billy Mays.
Old 08-29-2009   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub Speaks: An Interview with the Houston Texans' Starting QB

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

"Idiocracy" just popped into my mind from out of nowhere.
Old 08-29-2009   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I read this piece yesterday. This interview response sort of bothered me:

Quote:
AN: Did you learn anything from watching his game that you’ve adopted to yours?

MS: I’d like to say I learned how to run really fast and be very quick (laughs). But that’s not my M.O.

I definitely learned a lot from Mike. Just watching him and seeing how he prepared himself to play, and handle all the things you need to handle as a QB in the NFL, I learned how I wanted to go about things when I got my opportunity.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It was a PC answer, no big deal.
Old 08-29-2009   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it bothered me also..figured it was a pc response

I thought I read some link on hear where matt said that Vick wasn't really like that and used his athleticism more than studying films
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2009   #8
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Notice Schaub never says he was going to do anything like Vick. I have learned over the years sometimes you learn what to do, sometimes you learn what not to do.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #9
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Notice Schaub never says he was going to do anything like Vick. I have learned over the years sometimes you learn what to do, sometimes you learn what not to do.
like dog fighting? although Schaub was gone before he was brought up on those charges wasn't he?
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A PC response is, indeed, what it seemed to be to me also. It still bothered me. Sometimes, as a "leader," it's better to say nothing or respond with a humorous evasive retort.
Old 08-30-2009   #11
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A PC response is, indeed, what it seemed to be to me also. It still bothered me. Sometimes, as a "leader," it's better to say nothing or respond with a humorous evasive retort.
Why do we even care what Schaub thinks (or says he thinks) about a former teammate from three years ago? Just because Schaub told someone in an interview that he may have learned something from Vick in 2004-06, are we now going to disbelieve all the accounts in the local media that Schaub lives in our film room? Are we suddenly going to question whether Kubiak's constant praise of Schaub's work ethic is just smoke and the guy is just plain lazy? Are we now going to wonder whether Eric Winston and his other teammates are deluded when they say he sets an example for the team with his hard work? Do we actually think that because he says he learned something from Vick that Schaub is justthisclose to setting up his own dogfighting ring?

We need some real football to start.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
Why do we even care what Schaub thinks (or says he thinks) about a former teammate from three years ago? Just because Schaub told someone in an interview that he may have learned something from Vick in 2004-06, are we now going to disbelieve all the accounts in the local media that Schaub lives in our film room? Are we suddenly going to question whether Kubiak's constant praise of Schaub's work ethic is just smoke and the guy is just plain lazy? Are we now going to wonder whether Eric Winston and his other teammates are deluded when they say he sets an example for the team with his hard work? Do we actually think that because he says he learned something from Vick that Schaub is justthisclose to setting up his own dogfighting ring?

We need some real football to start.

Agreed.............but, if we find out that he's wacking dogs, I say hang the mutha.........
Old 08-30-2009   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 229246 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
That is interesting because just within the last week or so he gave an interview in which he said Vick wasn't a hard worker and relied on his natural talent.

Found it:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Texans QB Matt Schaub, Vick's former teammate in Atlanta, said he had problems about Vick's work ethic when they played together. He told told Dan Patrick on Wednesday there were signs that Vick didn't work hard.

"He's such a phenomenal athlete. No matter what happened on the field, he could always overcome it with his athleticism," Schaub told Patrick. "That was always his fall-back."

Schaub said he would try to cajole Vick into staying longer at the team facility and putting in more work "You can only say so much to someone until a light clicks in their brain," he said.
Link

Maybe someone told him to be PC after that interview.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read