Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Good News: Injured Texans Mending Fast

Pitts went through his third practice since missing time with a shoulder injury, and he's ready to go for Monday Night Football and the Vikings."I'll probably play three quarters," Pitts said. "We'll come out at halftime and (play) maybe a series or two to really see where (we) are conditioning-wise."
Cornerback Jacques Reeves still is recovering from a fractured fibula and is hopeful that he'll return in time for the regular season opener against the Jets."We're making progress and I feel good," Reeves said. "(I'm) not having any pain and I'm bouncing around a little bit. I've been rehabbing it pretty tough and once the bone heals I'll be good."

Kubiak added that Reeves is on a faster track to a return than previously thought.

"To say that he'll be ready for New York would be a pleasant surprise for us, but he is doing pretty good," Kubiak said. "I think the plan all along was hopefully for Week 2. If he's ready Week 1, that will be a bonus."
Center Chris Myers (high ankle sprain) practiced with the team for half of the reps on Thursday. Kubiak plans to play him on Monday night.
Cushing was happy to be back at practice Thursday—albeit in a limited role—and is aiming for a return to game action as soon as possible.

"I think everyone would like to see me out there, including myself," Cushing said. "But we have to be smart. It is a preseason game (Monday) and the biggest thing is being healthy for the real season. My main goal right now is to get some playing time versus Tampa, but to be ready for New York."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5502
The big question mark it appears is still Cushing ? And more importantly, how's his knee gonna be after he first returns and plays ?
And I had no idea Reeves could back this soon ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good News: Injured Texans Mending Fast

Molden will also get some actoin with the second team Monday night.

In other news looks like Cody will get the start with Omobi at DT.

Cody rising
Defensive tackle Shaun Cody, signed as a free agent, will get more playing time in the last two games. He had been backing up Amobi Okoye, but it looks like he'll play next to Okoye against the Vikings on Monday.

“He's playing very well,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “When he's had his chances to play, he's been very effective, so we've got to look at a way of getting him on the field. He's going to get an opportunity to play with our (starters) a great deal.”

Injury update
Guard Chester Pitts and cornerback Antwaun Molden knew they were going to play for the first time in preseason Monday night. Pitts starts at left guard. Molden will play with the second team.

Coach Gary Kubiak said center Chris Myers, who has been out after suffering a high ankle sprain, will see his first action.
Old 08-28-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cody has been playing well as a 3 tech DT, yet we might start him at the nose? Yeah, that's the ticket, he's been out playing Okoye at his own position, but instead of yanking Okoye we're yanking Okam/Robinson? Doesn't make sense to me, but then again, I'm behind this computer.
Old 08-28-2009   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cody has been playing well as a 3 tech DT, yet we might start him at the nose? Yeah, that's the ticket, he's been out playing Okoye at his own position, but instead of yanking Okoye we're yanking Okam/Robinson? Doesn't make sense to me, but then again, I'm behind this computer.
Maybe their thinking they just need to get Omobi all the playing time they can right now while it doesnt count to see what he has. Thats all I can think of.
Old 08-28-2009   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news about Reeves. I'm still not sold on Cushing being ready to play, I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #6
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Maybe their thinking they just need to get Omobi all the playing time they can right now while it doesnt count to see what he has. Thats all I can think of.
Maybe the coaching staff is just trying to get the best two available players on the field.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Maybe the coaching staff is just trying to get the best two available players on the field.
If that were truly the case Okoye would not be one of them. At least not at this time.
Old 08-28-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are most likely giving Amobi all the reps he can get.

They know Robinson is solid. Why risk getting him hurt in preseason, when you've got to see if Amobi can hack it?

That's my only guess.

If it's a deal of playing Amobi because he's a 1st rounder, one of those situations where he's in good with someone on the staff, then I'll be disappointed.

DelJuan and Bulman are better. And they BETTER be playing more, IMO.

And if Cody is also doing well, then so be it.
Old 08-28-2009   #9
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
If that were truly the case Okoye would not be one of them. At least not at this time.
With Johnson and Robinson out, Okoye is probably the next in line if Cody is at the other spot. As inconsistent is Okoye is, Okam isn't much better. I don't think Zgonina is really being considered to take a big load, assuming he makes the team.

I won't argue that Okoye is the third, or even forth best DT when we are at full strength.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
With Johnson and Robinson out, Okoye is probably the next in line if Cody is at the other spot. As inconsistent is Okoye is, Okam isn't much better. I don't think Zgonina is really being considered to take a big load, assuming he makes the team.

I won't argue that Okoye is the third, or even forth best DT when we are at full strength.
Other than the elbow problem, what's wrong with Robinson? Who said he's out?
Old 08-28-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This is pre-season so I guess I understand trying to get guys reps with 1st teamers but if we dont have Robinson starting week 1 there is a problem.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Other than the elbow problem, what's wrong with Robinson? Who said he's out?
He got that stinger in week one.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He got that stinger in week one.
Yes, but he came back in later that game and he played last weekend. I haven't seen anything saying "he's out".
Old 08-28-2009   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

What is Robinson's elbow injury anyway? Anyone know when that happened or if it is going to linger a good ways into the season?
Old 08-28-2009   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=mussop;1235447]

In other news looks like Cody will get the start with Omobi at DT.

QUOTE]

I'm not picking on you but there was a really funny thread started about how people spell Matt Schaub - Shwab, the kicker Kris Brown - Chris Brown, Slaton-Slayton etc....

This just brought back the memory.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Especially when we're facing a dominant running back like Peterson. I can only guess that they're keeping Okoye in there to see how he'll respond to being so utterly embarrassed by the Saints O-Line last week. I hope he surprises me, but I expect him to get pushed around by the Vikings O-Line as well.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Especially when we're facing a dominant running back like Peterson. I can only guess that they're keeping Okoye in there to see how he'll respond to being so utterly embarrassed by the Saints O-Line last week. I hope he surprises me, but I expect him to get pushed around by the Vikings O-Line as well.
But then it should get easier Monday night in Reliant, afterall he's only got a wuss named Steve Hutchinson across from him. That's a guy that baby-Amobi should be able to man-handle, right ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Scurfield on his twitter page just confirmed that not only will Meyers play Monday, but he'll start.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And I had no idea Reeves could back this soon ?
If you'd of read my thread...

I hate to say I told you so... but I told you so...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In other news A. Okoye has asked the Texans front office to make a trade to the Titans for Petey Faggins. Okoye hopes that by getting one of the Houston Fanbases favorite all time players it will take some of the spot light off of him.......

Just kidding Okoye better start making some plays or he and D. Rob are gonna be sharing a condo in another city next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read