Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-28-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vick looks good in return to playing field

Quote:
He played quarterback, ran the wildcat formation, even lined up at wide receiver and completed a pass right-handed.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32588851/ns/sports-nfl/
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vick looks good in return to playing field

Really? I think it looked like shit. I have seen better football from SMU over the last 10 years.
Old 08-28-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Really? I think it looked like shit. I have seen better football from SMU over the last 10 years.
I didn't see the game, just going off the article there. If the Eagles are looking like crap that is good news for me as a Giants fan.
Old 08-28-2009   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I didn't see the game, just going off the article there. If the Eagles are looking like crap that is good news for me as a Giants fan.
It looked like the 4th quarter of preseason game #1. No fluid motion, the game plan looked like it was put together on Wednesday.
Old 08-28-2009   #5
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
They are just plain sloppy and have been all pre season. The reasons given don't cut it. Peters, the LT they got from the Bills, has a *^&%$ game. Much more important to worry about then giving Vick five plays. They still don't run the ball to set anything up and when they do run, they can't.
The young guys seen to be more focused then the "starters", but the starters now get to sit against the Jets next week. The Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins are better right now.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Eagles did not look on the same page as they tried to implement Vick into the offense, as well as having plenty of new guys at offensive skill positions. However, once Vick was involved, he looked very good for a guy who spent two years in the pen. The zip he had on the ball may be a tenth of a second off what he once had.
Old 08-28-2009   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Eagles did not look on the same page as they tried to implement Vick into the offense, as well as having plenty of new guys at offensive skill positions. However, once Vick was involved, he looked very good for a guy who spent two years in the pen. The zip he had on the ball may be a tenth of a second off what he once had.
Prison may have made him more accurate.
Old 08-28-2009   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Vick looked good in his return but they did implement him poorly. The eagles as a whole have looked inconsistent all preseason, but McCoy won't be the primary RB when they start the season as he's been all preseason & if i'm not mistaken Trent Cole has been out on the defense. Once the season starts, i expect game plans & strategies to be shored up tremendously.

whomever is the giants fan in here, they're the ones that need to worry b/c Cutler made that defense look terrible last week.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I suppose I never kept up with Vick when he was playing. I thought his first completion was a freakin bullet. I also think he's added quite a bit of muscle compared to what he used to have.

I think you're 100% right about how the Eagles looked. Not much rythm
Old 08-28-2009   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Prison may have made him more accurate.
There is a joke in and out there some where

Old 08-28-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what people are talking about when they say he looked good. He didn't hardly even do anything to say he looked good. He only threw one real pass from what I saw and granted that one pass was good, but other than that, he just shoveled a few tosses forward which made his completions at 100%. He didn't hardly do anything though really. On that play where he boot legged it to the side he didn't seem to have the same speed either. Granted, it's still early and all and I'm not judging his speed off of that one play, but I don't see why people are saying he looked real good. If this was any other back up playing that did what he did in that game, no one would have even cared or said that the player really looked good.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Taken down from behind by a friggin' DEFENSIVE END.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot all about Thursday night pro ball and was watching Yates vs. Washington. Any idea when the game will rebroadcast?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
whomever is the giants fan in here, they're the ones that need to worry b/c Cutler made that defense look terrible last week.
They have a new D Coordinator due to Spags departure to St Louis. However they are stacked on the D side of the ball. I am not too concerned right now since they looked strong against Carolina. I didn't see the Bears game, so I don't know who they had in there, what type of schemes they were monkeying around with, etc.
Old 08-28-2009   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see what people are talking about when they say he looked good. He didn't hardly even do anything to say he looked good. He only threw one real pass from what I saw and granted that one pass was good, but other than that, he just shoveled a few tosses forward which made his completions at 100%. He didn't hardly do anything though really. On that play where he boot legged it to the side he didn't seem to have the same speed either. Granted, it's still early and all and I'm not judging his speed off of that one play, but I don't see why people are saying he looked real good. If this was any other back up playing that did what he did in that game, no one would have even cared or said that the player really looked good.
Well, from my perspective i meant he looked good ...as in it doesn't look like he's lost much if anything.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I forgot all about Thursday night pro ball and was watching Yates vs. Washington. Any idea when the game will rebroadcast?
It's on right now. It will be on several times this weekend.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well, from my perspective i meant he looked good ...as in it doesn't look like he's lost much if anything.
How in hell could you tell? He didn't do anything, but a few shovel passes that even an offensive lineman could do. Hell, Travis Johnson could have made those passes. They were practically hand offs. That one pass he made was pretty good, but that was one pass that was only like 10 yards. Other than that, he did absolutely nothing for anyone to say that he "looked good." He just looked like any typical back up that went in there and shoveled a 12 inch toss, but it was forward. They were glorified hand offs.

If this was any other back up in the league, no one would have said that the guy looked good. Everyone would have been saying the guy didn't get a shot at show casing his abilities, so we don't know how the guy really looked. But since it's Vick people are looking way further into 1 yard shovel passes and sensationalizing it like he went out there and had some impressive performance. In reality Vick didn't even get any real opportunities to really have a true perspective on how he did. This has got to be the first time in the history of this sport where so many people act like a QB played well and looked good from doing like 3 shovel passes that were glorified hand offs and complimented the guy so well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McNabb appears to be having difficulty biting his tongue.

Quote:
McNabb calls Vick's role a "gimmick"

Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb faced the media on Monday for the first time since venting after Thursday night's preseason game regarding the inability of the offense to establish a rhythm, due to the periodic use of quarterback Mike Vick.

McNabb, in response to questions from WIP Howard Eskin, tried to downplay the in-game discussion with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, during which quarterback told coach how to do his job.

Asked whether McNabb would be more comfortable with Vick taking consecutive snaps or engineering an entire series, McNabb had this to say, via the Philadelphia Inquirer: "Before you can come up with gimmicks, before you can come up with something else, you got to get your base offense going."

It's the same notion McNabb mentioned on Thursday night, and we still don't know what it means.

At what point has the team gotten the "base offense going"? When leading by 10 or more points? After gaining 250 yards?

And if "coming up with gimmicks" (a phrase that, in our view, inherently demeans Vick's role in the offense) disrupts the ability of the offense to get up to full speed, doesn't using Vick constitute tapping the breaks if/when the offense otherwise is humming along?

Bottom line? It's great that the Eagles have given Mike Vick a second chance. But his second chance ultimately could screw up the team's best chance to win a Super Bowl.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
McNabb appears to be having difficulty biting his tongue.
I think McNabb is right though. Vick looks pretty forced because I think the coaches want to see what they've got and some of the fans as well. I'm expecting once the season starts most Vick talk will die down as he's by far the third best QB on the roster. Kolb looked fairly impressive as well. Eagles are giving him a second chance, but I expect it to be more of an opportunity to trade him for a pick for a team desperate at QB. Could see a few of those soon too. If Russell can't develop into a decent QB that might be worth a mid to late round flyer. Vick plus the RBs there might make for an interesting scenario.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yay?

Quote:
NEW YORK — NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is eligible to play beginning in the third game of the regular season.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6601274.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read