Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario/Barwin the bookends of the future? Here's a nice Connor Barwin interview

Quote:
Well, hopefully it (I) will be playing on the other side of Mario Williams right away in passing downs from second-and-long or third-down situations. I think I can do that right now. But obviously, I want to continue to work on my all-game and be a guy that can play on first downs and be a three-down player.
http://hou.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=2&c=892635&refid=400
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario/Barwin the bookends of the future? Here's a nice Connor Barwin interview

Quote:
Thompson: You certainly grabbed the attention of Houston fans during training camp. I saw a fan state in a blog comment that he thinks you’re going to be the next Jared Allen, a player you’ll also be seeing on Monday night. He’s a couple of inches taller and about 15 pounds heavier, but has anyone ever made that comparison before? And have you watched him much in the past as you were
I think D.Ware is a better comparison for Barwin than Allen.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario/Barwin the bookends of the future? Here's a nice Connor Barwin interview

Amazing.

In only two preseason games, the Barwin comparisons go from Jason Babin to Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware.

But, in the immortal words of Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction, let's not start . . um . . (get carried away) just yet.

Afterall . . . it's just preseason.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Amazing.

In only two preseason games, the Barwin comparisons go from Jason Babin to Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware.

But, in the immortal words of Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction, let's not start . . um . . (get carried away) just yet.

Yup, and we can all remember the preseason JJ had a couple seasons ago.
Old 08-28-2009   #5
Stu Padazo
Just A Man...

Quote:
Amazing.

It is funny though. And it's a way to kill time before Mon. nite.
Rock on, Texfans!
Old 08-28-2009   #6
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hey, David Anderson had a hell of a preseason last year and became our #4 WR. You never know.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That said, I do think (myself included) we dwell on on past history a little too much, and get unjustifiably paranoid that it will repeat itself. Hence the Babin comparisons.

I'll be glad to have a winning season for a lot of reasons, but one of them will be so we stop doing that.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That said, I do think (myself included) we dwell on on past history a little too much, and get unjustifiably paranoid that it will repeat itself. Hence the Babin comparisons.

I'll be glad to have a winning season for a lot of reasons, but one of them will be so we stop doing that.
Well, as long as SH is around this board, that'll never go away.
Old 08-28-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Amazing.

Actually I've compared his physical talent level to D.Ware, or L.Little since before we drafted him. That's not to say he has/will develop the skill set that those guys have.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 08-28-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72577 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always said I think Barwin was the best pick the made in the draft.

By this time next year I think Barwin will be a starting DE.

Work ethic and athletesism SP?) will take you along way in the NFL.

He** it will take you along way in life.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 65627 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if the measurables back it up, but Barwin to me seems like he has very long arms in proportion to his body.
Old 08-28-2009   #12
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm not sure if the measurables back it up, but Barwin to me seems like he has very long arms in proportion to his body.
Well, he did play basketball at Cinci.
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #13
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He has 33" arms if anybody cares to hunt down/figure out an average arm length for NFL DEs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/556598

Old 08-29-2009   #14
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what a downer... you know two sacks in two games later and the cynics are still creeping through the cracks, you have to wonder what you have to do to get the posters at TexansTalk.com to get behind you.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #15
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
what a downer... you know two sacks in two games later and the cynics are still creeping through the cracks, you have to wonder what you have to do to get the posters at TexansTalk.com to get behind you.
After all the years of frustration.....WIN!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read