Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Travis Johnson being shopped?

I saw this from a guy I follow on Twitter who says "Travis Johnson is actively being shopped by the Houston Texans"

Here is the guy's info:

2003-2006 BLT Ravens Scout 2007-2008 CLE Browns Scout (Now the One and Only Twitter Scout)
Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Following: 126
Followers: 4313
Updates: 1232
Twitter: twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

What do you guy's think? What is his value considering he is coming off of Sports Hernia surgery?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #2
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson being shopped?

And what would we be seeking in return? CB, S, RB?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Cash for Clunkers ended on Monday, though.
Old 08-27-2009   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carolina is looking for a DT also .
Old 08-27-2009   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well done...

I have no idea what we can get in return, would be nice to get a player in the secondary, or a descent draft pick in next year's draft. No idea really, just saw that today and thought I would pass is along. Maybe try and get something before you have to cut the guy?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL, good one!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see this being true. The DT position needs all the help it can get. Getting rid of TJ in a contract year doesn't make much sense considering the play of the other DT's. Unfortunately, TJ is currently our 2nd or 3rd best DT on the roster.
Old 08-27-2009   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The troubling thing is that the Texans need a dt not to get rid of one of our better ones. Did I just say that about TJ? I'd shop either a TE or WR because those are positions with really good depth. Hopefully something will show up on the scrap heap when final cuts are made next month. I just don't see where shopping TJ benefits us in any way.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you trade a DT for a better DT?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
a better DT?

I guess this would be the sell:

Rick Smith "He's injured and not very good but he was drafted in the 1st round. The guy we want is pretty darn good but he was only a 5th round pick. He's obviously not that great because his salary is so inexpensive. What do you think?"

Al Davis "Makes sense. Let's do it.... Just win, baby!"
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I can't see this being true. The DT position needs all the help it can get. Getting rid of TJ in a contract year doesn't make much sense considering the play of the other DT's. Unfortunately, TJ is currently our 2nd or 3rd best DT on the roster.
He actually maybe our best DT. Which is more damning with faint praise than anything.

to answer the broader question, don't get too existed about anything back for him. Probably a late round pick.
Old 08-27-2009   #12
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just because they are shopping him does not mean he will be traded. There is still a strong chance that he finishes this season as a starting DT for the Texans.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm, he hasn't played much so far. Perhaps we are. I wish we could trade OkOye instead but I'm afraid the other teams have that game-film technology thing that stands in our way.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hmmm, he hasn't played much so far. Perhaps we are. I wish we could trade OkOye instead but I'm afraid the other teams have that game-film technology thing that stands in our way.
Okoye is young and there is always a coach who thinks they can turn a player around and get more out of them. Look at PBurnt still playing in the league.
Old 08-27-2009   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

or, we could take this approach:

Smith, "TJ has questionable character, owns a lot of guns, and is a guy I wouldn't trust in a room with my kids. Any interest?"

Jerry Jones, "Are you kidding?! Sounds like my kind of guy. I'll give you a bunch of draft picks for him. How does a 2nd and 3rd sound?"

Smith, "Okay"
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
He actually maybe our best DT. Which is more damning with faint praise than anything.

to answer the broader question, don't get too existed about anything back for him. Probably a late round pick.
Probably so, but I didn't want to go there yet considering he didn't have the chance to play in the debacle some called a game last Saturday. Sadly, I hope he is better than the poor excuse for DT play we had to endure.
Old 08-27-2009   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
a better DT?

I guess this would be the sell:

Rick Smith "He's injured and not very good but he was drafted in the 1st round. The guy we want is pretty darn good but he was only a 5th round pick. He's obviously not that great because his salary is so inexpensive. What do you think?"

Al Davis "Makes sense. Let's do it.... Just win, baby!"
I don't know, whats TJ's 40 time? Thats a big deal to Al...
Old 08-27-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone with twitter should be following MoveTheSticks

He posts tons of good stuff and is one of the few football pundits who mentions the Texans publicly
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect what we may be shopping right now is not TJ (or any other DTs), but our WRs and even TEs in the interests of acquiring another DT(s).
If you didn't see Saturdays game vs the Saints, let me tell you we desperately need help at DT and we have good depth with our receivers to offer in exchange/trade.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post

Ham Sandwich. It doesn't even need to be one of those fancy ones on the french bread with the dijon mustard. The Texan would take a ham & American cheese on wonderbread for TJ. Robinson can do what TJ does in his sleep.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read