Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2009   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you expect from Xavier Adibi this year?

Adibi is a guy that we should be talking about more right now. Last year he didn't see the field a whole lot due to injury but when he was on the field he was a big positive.

What do you expect from Adibi this year? Do you anticipate him staying healthy (playing in the game, everyone gets nicked up) for all 16 games?

I thought when Adibi played last year our defense was better. He's got the ability to blitz and also cover, two things our linebackers of the last 3 years, outside of Meco, have not been able to do.

Personally I expect Adibi to have a really good year. By really good I don't mean pro-bowl, but much better than our outside linebackers of the last 3 years. If we can use his versatility, he could be a huge asset to the team. I'm excited to watch his progress.

The big question is will he stay healthy. He has added some weight over the off-season, so that should help him. It has been reported that he is up at 250 now. I doubt it just by looking at him, but the difference between low 220s and even mid 240s is pretty significant.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you expect from Xavier Adibi this year?

If the big question is will he stay healthy? . . . why would you single him out from everyone else? Yes, he got hurt last year, but . . . who didn't?

That aside, I think you're going to hear his name called a lot for making a big defensive play this season. The guy is a playmaker.

I'm wondering if Cushing will stay healthy more than I'm wondering about Adibi.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm expecting him to open a big can of whoop ass this season, I liked Adibi coming out of college, so I'm expecting big things from him. That hit he laid in the Saints game was one of the few defensive highlights the Texans had all night.

Also, our LBs might stand a greater chance of staying healthy if we had interior Dlineman that could keep guards and centers from blowing them up. , but that's another topic.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Some have expressed concerns about Adibi's ability to stay healthy throughout college as well. Furthermore, others have expressed concern about such a large weight gain in such a short time. People have said there is a tendency for that to lead to injury as well.

Demeco is not known for his cover skills.

I expect Adibi to be a clear upgrade over Greenwood. He's very athletic and contrary to Ryans, is known for playing well in coverage. I think if he can play physically he's got all the skills to be a very sold player at his position. I don't expect him to play all 16. I feel like we have decent depth though with Diles and Bentley at least so I am not as concerned if he misses a start or two.

I'm not as conviced that Cushing will stay healthy. No reason, just a hunch.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The year Adidbi came out I said he was worth a first round draft choice. That is what I expect him to play like.
Old 08-27-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect Xavier Adibi to start & have an impact setting himself up for a monster year in 2010
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #7
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I think he'll do just fine...BUT being that his counterpart is a 1st rd pick. (Cushing) he wont get a lot of media exposure.

The dude is fast and can tackle = BEAST IMO.
Old 08-27-2009   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi starting or being very quality backup is a good thing. This team can use quality at either spot. And I agree with a few comments made here in that I am also more concerned about Cushing staying healthy than Adibi. Cushing is already making me nervous.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

No less than all 16 for sure.

I expect him to reel in a few picks, a few sacks, a lot of big hits and plenty of timely big playmaking. I expect this because that's what I believe he's capable of.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi's problem last year wasn't an injury it was an illness that lasted several months and he subsequently dropped alot of weight. He has since put the weight back on and I expect him to stay healthy this year and have a big year as long as his speed wasn't affected by the weight gain. Adibi will be a beast this year.

Cushing worries me, he had nagging injuries in college as well and with his new injury, training camp isn't going to well for him. I'm much more concerned about Cushing's health than Adibi's. With Bently on the bench it makes LB one of our better positions on the field in terms of quality and depth.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If the big question is will he stay healthy? . . . why would you single him out from everyone else? Yes, he got hurt last year, but . . . who didn't?
Because he didn't play much last year and as of now he hasn't locked a starting position down.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 104065 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I expect Xavier Adibi to start & have an impact setting himself up for a monster year in 2010
Agreed Wes - As long as Adibi doesn't lose a step with the added weight, he looks ready to have a breakout season.
Old 08-27-2009   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

What do I expect out of the X man this year?

That tackle inside the 20 against the Saints in the second quarter where he blew up the Devery Henderson and made him drop the pass....

Yeah, that's what I expect. Just a lot more of it.

EDIT - found a pic

Last edited by drewmar74; 08-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #14
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

That hit he had against the Saint was ridiculous. One of the few bright spots that game.
Old 08-27-2009   #15
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Adibi starting or being very quality backup is a good thing. This team can use quality at either spot. And I agree with a few comments made here in that I am also more concerned about Cushing staying healthy than Adibi. Cushing is already making me nervous.
Don't you just get that kind of creepy feeling? I'll admit I was wooed instantly by his attitude and his physical size once he was in uniform (getting his haircut was a great gesture too) but I'm slipping back into my (marge simpson gravely hmmmmmmmm) feeling I had when we drafted him. I'm all wait and see but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-27-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Don't you just get that kind of creepy feeling? I'll admit I was wooed instantly by his attitude and his physical size once he was in uniform (getting his haircut was a great gesture too) but I'm slipping back into my (marge simpson gravely hmmmmmmmm) feeling I had when we drafted him. I'm all wait and see but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
FWIW, from fatty

Quote:
Brian Cushing tossed off his knee brace in practice today. I think he'll get extensive playing time against Tampa Bay. No need to rush him against the Vikings.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/08/k...rters_are.html
Old 08-27-2009   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have very high expectations for Adibi. I think he's going to be (to people outside of Houston) a beast who came out of nowhere. DeMeco looks to me to be less puffy and soft this season. he seems to be in better shape and so I expect him to be more like the DeMeco we're used to. Cushing is the wild card here. If he lives up to his billing and we nailed that pick then I think Adibi is going to feast on opportunities created by the play of the other two and I expect him to be able to take advantage.

The problem is unfortunately (as usual) the DL. I think I know what the problem might be actually.

We always draft these guys high or go out and sign them for big money right? If we can just get them to all leave their wallets at home they won't be carrying around all that extra weight. Notice how it always seems like the low-contract street guys play better than so many of our draft picks? It's all that extra money that they're carrying. It's slowing them down.
Old 08-27-2009   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's actually worth alot to me right now! Good timing!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read