Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

10 most obnoxious fan bases

No Texas is bad for the credibility, but Notre Dame as most obnoxious brings the issue back up to a nice even keel. :splits:

UT fans are obnoxious on a state scale, but not nationally. I am a UT fan, and can't stand our fans, but would not say they are brutal.

UT fans are obnoxious on a state scale, but not nationally. I am a UT fan, and can't stand our fans, but would not say they are brutal.

I agree with ya KT, they're far from brutal, they're more like bacteria. One loss is like a dose of penicillin, they seem to disappear :)

I agree with ya KT, they're far from brutal, they're more like bacteria. One loss is like a dose of penicillin, they seem to disappear :)

I guess it's a good thing Aggie isn't like that or they wouldn't exist after week 1. ;)

Seriously, I would be the first to admit that UT has it's share of a-hole fans. The VY stuff has really shown me that since I am often at odds with them over that subject. I am always on the UT boards taking shots at VY and the Titans "fans" over there.

Yeah, all fanbases have a pretty good cross-section of society's good and evil. This list could be a "Top Ten Schools That Turned Me Down" for all we know...lol.

I guess it's a good thing Aggie isn't like that or they wouldn't exist after week 1. ;)

Seriously, I would be the first to admit that UT has it's share of a-hole fans. The VY stuff has really shown me that since I am often at odds with them over that subject. I am always on the UT boards taking shots at VY and the Titans "fans" over there.

Don't make me break out my VY photoshops from back when LOL

Don't make me break out my VY photoshops from back when LOL

Who would have thought back then that I would end up being the one doing the VY Photoshops?

vyhof2.jpg

I actually posted that on HornFans.com. I got called a few colorful names ... lol. I was like, "hey, the guy's a Titan and all bets are off once someone is on Bud Adam's payroll, it doesn't matter who they are. Hook'em Horns and proud to be Texan!".

No Texas is bad for the credibility, but Notre Dame as most obnoxious brings the issue back up to a nice even keel. :splits:

The only reason Notre Dame is even on this list is because of the contract the school has with NBC to show all of its home games. Which does not say that us ND fans are obnoxious, it says Notre Dame makes money. Either your watching hoping they lose or your watching and praying for a win.

Yes there are some fans of ND who are total A-Holes which is unfortunate because we have no room to act like anything with how the teams has performed.

Obnoxious does not mean TV contract, if it did all of the SEC should be included because espin.

:specnatz:

The only reason Notre Dame is even on this list is because of the contract the school has with NBC to show all of its home games. Which does not say that us ND fans are obnoxious, it says Notre Dame makes money. Either your watching hoping they lose or your watching and praying for a win.

Yes there are some fans of ND who are total A-Holes which is unfortunate because we have no room to act like anything with how the teams has performed.

Obnoxious does not mean TV contract, if it did all of the SEC should be included because espin.

Is it OK if I speak from personal experience? They put it up at No. #1, I agreed. I was just playing for the most part, Spec. I hope nobody takes what I say too seriously here. :tiphat:

Is it OK if I speak from personal experience? They put it up at No. #1, I agreed. I was just playing for the most part, Spec. I hope nobody takes what I say too seriously here. :tiphat:

I took no offense to what you said. If you met some ND fans who are that way it sure would not surprise me. All good by me, as far as you and I go. Just tired of ND getting a bad rep because of a contract with NBC because of ABC and CBS folks not liking it.

My problem with Notre Dame? I was at the Chicken Soup Game. 1979 Cotton Bowl. 17 degrees at kickoff. It was cold and bitter in every sense of the word.....lol. This summer was so hot I could feel my toes for the first time since that game. Brrrrr.

TV contract or not, Notre Dame has the most obnoxious fans............ EVER! Are you (Spec) a Notre Dame fan?? [Spec answers] "yes"

I rest my case.

As far as that list goes; the only change I might make would be to take Clemson off and add Miami.

TV contract or not, Notre Dame has the most obnoxious fans............ EVER! Are you (Spec) a Notre Dame fan?? [Spec answers] "yes"

I rest my case.

As far as that list goes; the only change I might make would be to take Clemson off and add Miami.

You only say that because of the '93 and '94 Cotton Bowls.

From my experience, UT has the worst fans I have ever encountered. The majority of them are pompous, f(#*$ing pricks.

with dear Longhorn Babe, Kimberly being the exception.

I would have had A&M tied with Notre Dame if this had been 1996 but since both have sucked lately they have clamed down. I have a big friend contingent I met in law school that were all A&M guys. From 93 on all I heard was non-stop recruiting and football talk. It was like a cult where the cult worships dogs and has male cheerleaders. In fact when they tied a post death penalty SMU 6-6 I put that score on pieces of paper throughout the house. But they have become WAY better the last decade. ND, I can't stand and there is no reason as a Catholic kid why I never liked them except that when I was 9 Montana beat UH in the Cotton Bowl and as a kid you cheered for the SWC Texas teams.

Last edited:
I was just remembering the Texas Bowl. Unfortunately we sat in the Bull Pen which was where the Frog band was.. :wild:

Well I went from 88-92 and there was NEVER anything to talk noise about. The last decade has been good but I'd rather lay low and let the rankings speak. The band dudes I can see being obnoxious.

So........ The list is based on people's perception of the national media's interpretation of fan bases' opinion of their school's football prowress?

Slow blog day?

As far as fan's level of obnoxiousness - UT is definitely missing from the list.

So........ The list is based on people's perception of the national media's interpretation of fan bases' opinion of their school's football prowress?

Slow blog day?

As far as fan's level of obnoxiousness - UT is definitely missing from the list.

Hey at least it is not about couch burning. :chili:

Seeing how we can speak freely, lol, UT has far and away the most obnoxious. ND is up there too. Jusy my personal experience. I'll second Bill saying Miami needs to be there.

From my experience, UT has the worst fans I have ever encountered. The majority of them are pompous, f(#*$ing pricks.

with dear Longhorn Babe, Kimberly being the exception.

Hey, don't forget Hook 'em, KT, and little ole me. I am with those guys, a lot of our fans get on my nerves too, especially the blind vy lovers.

But winning will bring the haters, too bad eATMe university just ain't relevant.

:ohsnap:

:jk:

I'm not sure...

I knew about Longhorns reputation before even coming to America for the first time (probably just off of this board...).

But even in my visits to Maryland, they're seen as pretty obnoxious fans (especially the few I've met!).

I would say internationally obnoxious!
:stirpot:

Cowgirl fans can be real jerks...but they are a day at the beach compared to Eagle fans. Eagle fans once booed SANTA Claus and turn on you if you lose more than one game.

I'm not sure...

I knew about Longhorns reputation before even coming to America for the first time (probably just off of this board...).

But even in my visits to Maryland, they're seen as pretty obnoxious fans (especially the few I've met!).

I would say internationally obnoxious!
:stirpot:

Definitely off the board and the Internets in general as UT is a top dog and has a long history with many teams. There is a difference between obnoxious and folks "hating" UT for their endowment and success in athletics.

You may be a ND fan man, but ND fans have had a reputation for being obnoxious, arrogant, and snobby fans for years. You've got to be a homer to deny that. Personally I've never came across that really with ND fans I've seen, but I hear about it all of the time from other people. That's been a wide spread reputation for a long time about ND.

Definitely off the board and the Internets in general as UT is a top dog and has a long history with many teams. There is a difference between obnoxious and folks "hating" UT for their endowment and success in athletics.

I can't speak for others, but that isn't why I dislike the fanbase. They are obnoxious, period. It goes back to the '70's for me.

Oh, and the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" angle doesn't help public perception. Just an FYI.

You may be a ND fan man, but ND fans have had a reputation for being obnoxious, arrogant, and snobby fans for years. You've got to be a homer to deny that. Personally I've never came across that really with ND fans I've seen, but I hear about it all of the time from other people. That's been a wide spread reputation for a long time about ND.

I know there are obnoxious out there, there always is with any major school. If it is for athletics or like those I have met who went to Rice, some people are just A-Holes, whether they were born that way or they had to work at it, they are still A-Holes.

That right here is what gets me. I have heard more often than not the people who have run into ND fans say how nice they were and it surprised them because all they here is how much they are A-Holes.

They only people we treat like crap is scUM (Univ Mich) fans because they a rival of ours.

My problem with Notre Dame? I was at the Chicken Soup Game. 1979 Cotton Bowl. 17 degrees at kickoff. It was cold and bitter in every sense of the word.....lol. This summer was so hot I could feel my toes for the first time since that game. Brrrrr.

I was there too... my girlfriend was in the UH Band. I sat on a 1/4 inch of ice on my seat before i left and tried to drive back to Houston... and spent the night in the National Guard Armory in Corsicana after they closed I-45.

Rep for you! I'm not sure how, but you resisted the urge to rag on the Horns, even though they'd already been thrown under the bus in the thread.
Is this Specnatz' brother, or someone else posting with his account?!?!?

:shades:

Rep for you! I'm not sure how, but you resisted the urge to rag on the Horns, even though they'd already been thrown under the bus in the thread.
Is this Specnatz' brother, or someone else posting with his account?!?!?

:shades:

:spit:

I have a permanent seat on that bus, just did not feel like taking my turn to drive. :smiliedance:

I was there too... my girlfriend was in the UH Band. I sat on a 1/4 inch of ice on my seat before i left and tried to drive back to Houston... and spent the night in the National Guard Armory in Corsicana after they closed I-45.

You guys were smart. We stayed on the road and didn't get to Houston until 5:30 the next morning. It was so bad my dad let me stay home from school the "next" day which was two hours later. That never happened again...lol

Back