Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-26-2009   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 most obnoxious fan bases

The absence of the University of Texas makes this list invalid. UT should have been #1.

Pretty funny about LSU though.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory...&photo=8544810

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 most obnoxious fan bases

No Texas is bad for the credibility, but Notre Dame as most obnoxious brings the issue back up to a nice even keel.
Old 08-26-2009   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

UT fans are obnoxious on a state scale, but not nationally. I am a UT fan, and can't stand our fans, but would not say they are brutal.
Old 08-26-2009   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
UT fans are obnoxious on a state scale, but not nationally. I am a UT fan, and can't stand our fans, but would not say they are brutal.
I agree with ya KT, they're far from brutal, they're more like bacteria. One loss is like a dose of penicillin, they seem to disappear
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I agree with ya KT, they're far from brutal, they're more like bacteria. One loss is like a dose of penicillin, they seem to disappear
I guess it's a good thing Aggie isn't like that or they wouldn't exist after week 1.

Seriously, I would be the first to admit that UT has it's share of a-hole fans. The VY stuff has really shown me that since I am often at odds with them over that subject. I am always on the UT boards taking shots at VY and the Titans "fans" over there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, all fanbases have a pretty good cross-section of society's good and evil. This list could be a "Top Ten Schools That Turned Me Down" for all we know...lol.
Old 08-26-2009   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I guess it's a good thing Aggie isn't like that or they wouldn't exist after week 1.

Seriously, I would be the first to admit that UT has it's share of a-hole fans. The VY stuff has really shown me that since I am often at odds with them over that subject. I am always on the UT boards taking shots at VY and the Titans "fans" over there.
Don't make me break out my VY photoshops from back when LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2009   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Don't make me break out my VY photoshops from back when LOL
Who would have thought back then that I would end up being the one doing the VY Photoshops?

I actually posted that on HornFans.com. I got called a few colorful names ... lol. I was like, "hey, the guy's a Titan and all bets are off once someone is on Bud Adam's payroll, it doesn't matter who they are. Hook'em Horns and proud to be Texan!".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No Texas is bad for the credibility, but Notre Dame as most obnoxious brings the issue back up to a nice even keel.
The only reason Notre Dame is even on this list is because of the contract the school has with NBC to show all of its home games. Which does not say that us ND fans are obnoxious, it says Notre Dame makes money. Either your watching hoping they lose or your watching and praying for a win.

Yes there are some fans of ND who are total A-Holes which is unfortunate because we have no room to act like anything with how the teams has performed.

Obnoxious does not mean TV contract, if it did all of the SEC should be included because espin.

Old 08-26-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The only reason Notre Dame is even on this list is because of the contract the school has with NBC to show all of its home games. Which does not say that us ND fans are obnoxious, it says Notre Dame makes money. Either your watching hoping they lose or your watching and praying for a win.

Yes there are some fans of ND who are total A-Holes which is unfortunate because we have no room to act like anything with how the teams has performed.

Obnoxious does not mean TV contract, if it did all of the SEC should be included because espin.

Is it OK if I speak from personal experience? They put it up at No. #1, I agreed. I was just playing for the most part, Spec. I hope nobody takes what I say too seriously here.
Old 08-26-2009   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Is it OK if I speak from personal experience? They put it up at No. #1, I agreed. I was just playing for the most part, Spec. I hope nobody takes what I say too seriously here.
I took no offense to what you said. If you met some ND fans who are that way it sure would not surprise me. All good by me, as far as you and I go. Just tired of ND getting a bad rep because of a contract with NBC because of ABC and CBS folks not liking it.
Old 08-27-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

My problem with Notre Dame? I was at the Chicken Soup Game. 1979 Cotton Bowl. 17 degrees at kickoff. It was cold and bitter in every sense of the word.....lol. This summer was so hot I could feel my toes for the first time since that game. Brrrrr.
Old 08-27-2009   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TV contract or not, Notre Dame has the most obnoxious fans............ EVER! Are you (Spec) a Notre Dame fan?? [Spec answers] "yes"

I rest my case.

As far as that list goes; the only change I might make would be to take Clemson off and add Miami.
Old 08-27-2009   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
TV contract or not, Notre Dame has the most obnoxious fans............ EVER! Are you (Spec) a Notre Dame fan?? [Spec answers] "yes"

I rest my case.

As far as that list goes; the only change I might make would be to take Clemson off and add Miami.
You only say that because of the '93 and '94 Cotton Bowls.
Old 08-27-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You only say that because of the '93 and '94 Cotton Bowls.
I say that because Notre Dame and it's fans suck...... hard.

And I'm Irish.

*EDIT*

1979 sucked too.
Old 08-27-2009   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

From my experience, UT has the worst fans I have ever encountered. The majority of them are pompous, f(#*$ing pricks.

with dear Longhorn Babe, Kimberly being the exception.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have had A&M tied with Notre Dame if this had been 1996 but since both have sucked lately they have clamed down. I have a big friend contingent I met in law school that were all A&M guys. From 93 on all I heard was non-stop recruiting and football talk. It was like a cult where the cult worships dogs and has male cheerleaders. In fact when they tied a post death penalty SMU 6-6 I put that score on pieces of paper throughout the house. But they have become WAY better the last decade. ND, I can't stand and there is no reason as a Catholic kid why I never liked them except that when I was 9 Montana beat UH in the Cotton Bowl and as a kid you cheered for the SWC Texas teams.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 08-27-2009 at 10:02 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Most obnoxious---------------->> TCU
Old 08-27-2009   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Most obnoxious---------------->> TCU
We love our Frogs..lol. I said it USED to be Aggies.
Old 08-27-2009   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
We love our Frogs..lol. I said it USED to be Aggies.
I was just remembering the Texas Bowl. Unfortunately we sat in the Bull Pen which was where the Frog band was..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read