Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-28-2009   #21
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barrett, you are psychotic!
I know both of you and Barret is not psychotic, he is neurotic and dalemurphy is psychotic.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hopefully SOMETHING. Now I believe they are forced to roam the stadium during the game.

I HOPE SOME HOW they can be put back into the back rows of the Bullpen!!

I for one am going to send an e-mail to

fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

to express my hoping that the Band will be given a home. After all, they work very hard and I believe do it for free.
Either for free or very little.
Old 08-28-2009   #23
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of the Band were sitting up in Section 638 with us last weekend...I asked them next time to bring their instruments and play up there...they can play all game long if they want, it's totally fine with me. Football needs a band!
I think it would be great!
Go BAND!!!

We welcome ALL OF YOU up to our section, we want it to be loud and proud!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #24
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

638 sounds good to me!

I ain't moving and I ain't gonna be happy if the band sets up behind me.

Sorry...
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #25
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly, they shouldn't be behind anyone. they should be given a section though.

Thanks Wig, good observation.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #26
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

how about setting up a tv out in Budweiser plaza...they could watch the game from out there, and when they play it could be streamed onto the big screens?
Old 08-29-2009   #27
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
638 sounds good to me!

I ain't moving and I ain't gonna be happy if the band sets up behind me.

Sorry...
Same here. We been had that.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2009   #28
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the band, and appreciate what they do to make our game day experience more exciting!! I'll be sending e-mails to the powers that be to help find them a roosting place for the games. PREFERABLY the Bullpen!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009   #29
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong here. I'm a Pep Band fan! Love it at the tailgates when they come through the lots and play and get everyone fired up.

But inside the stadium, it's a non-issue to me. I couldn't care less if you had a band, an orchestra, a circus or whatever. I'm not there to see any of that stuff. I'm there to watch a football game.

My biggest issue on this is the NFL going overboard here with more stupid rules. They were down there for SEVEN YEARS!!!! What harm were they doing???? And why all of a sudden after SEVEN YEARS does there have to be a rule put in place to remove them???

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #30
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I can understand the rule if it is in the interest of safety. I see other teams have bands as well and a player or a band member getting hurt could be an issue. But then again, why are cheerleaders allowed on the field?

I like the band as they roam around the tailgates, and such. I never really cared for them during the game. But then again, I don't care for cheerleaders during the game as well as I am there for football, not the side shows. Taking nothing away from either group, just not my thing.
Old 08-31-2009   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I'm there to watch a football game.
You are an old school fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
IBut then again, why are cheerleaders allowed on the field?
Sex sells, and the band ain't sexy.

The league is getting further and further away from it's roots every year, and the ever-increasing corporatized atmosphere is really killing the spirit of the fanatics. It's a damn shame, too.
Old 09-01-2009   #32
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You are an old school fool!
I am not old school!!

You may have the fool part right though.

PEP BAND

Hope you guys and gals enjoyed the brats!!!
We enjoyed having you over.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I love them and think this is a put down if you ask me. They are there to do a job and make it fun and more interesting for the fans. The Bull Pen Pep Band is the best in the NFL and as Texans fans we are lucky to have such a great group preform for us at every home game. If you don't like the Pep Band then you should consider just watching the game at home or just ignore them and go on your marry way because they are not going to stop playing just for you. GO TEXANS
But Gary... I wouldn't know if they're the best... Heck, I wouldn't even know if they were the worst in the league!

Either way... I caught them tailgating in Yellow Lot and chuggin' down serious beers before the Saints game. For that.... they get my approval. I like a band who at least looks like they're having fun! I can buy that!

Also... I could care less if they sat behind me. Wouldn't bother me much...
Old 09-01-2009   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember when the prep band used to be on the sidelines that was cool not anymore tho
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #35
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I love them and think this is a put down if you ask me. They are there to do a job and make it fun and more interesting for the fans. The Bull Pen Pep Band is the best in the NFL and as Texans fans we are lucky to have such a great group preform for us at every home game. If you don't like the Pep Band then you should consider just watching the game at home or just ignore them and go on your marry way because they are not going to stop playing just for you. GO TEXANS
No thanks, I come to watch a football game and The Houston Texans play not watch/listen to a band.
I am not saying they do not put work into what they do, I just dont think it is needed at an NFL game. They just never seemed to really get a response from the crowd, other than a few cheers(which I added due to respect not enjoying thier performance).
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
No thanks, I come to watch a football game and The Houston Texans play not watch/listen to a band.
I am not saying they do not put work into what they do, I just dont think it is needed at an NFL game. They just never seemed to really get a response from the crowd, other than a few cheers(which I added due to respect not enjoying thier performance).

Signed,

The Washington Redskins band, Baltimore Raven's band and the drum corps in Green Bay.
Old 09-01-2009   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I am not old school!!

You may have the fool part right though.

PEP BAND

Hope you guys and gals enjoyed the brats!!!
We enjoyed having you over.

ahhhh, but you are "old school" if all you want to see is football at a football game! It is a Total Gameday Experience at Reliantworld, man!

(p.s. I know I'm right about the fool part, because I always recognize a member of my own tribe! )
Old 09-01-2009   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
To each his own.
Old 09-01-2009   #39
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Having the band there has NOTHING to do with watching the football game!!!! They DON'T play during the game! geeezzzz!! They add to the gameday experience and make slack time a lot less boring. If anything interferes with watching the game, it's those damn goal post! lol

The NFL is doing everything they can to take the fun out of the game of football! Pretty soon they'll be telling us not to yell, that the noise might upset their overpaid prema-donna's, or might be distracting to the "suits" that waste time up in the club section! We, the fans, pay the big bucks for tickets, but, we seem to be the one's getting the shaft. If I want to just sit and watch a football game, and not experience the FUN of being there, I'll just stay at home. Hell of a lot cooler in my living room!!

I MISS THE BAND!! Hope they find a place for them by reg season!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #40
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Having the band there has NOTHING to do with watching the football game!!!! They DON'T play during the game! geeezzzz!! They add to the gameday experience and make slack time a lot less boring. If anything interferes with watching the game, it's those damn goal post! lol

The NFL is doing everything they can to take the fun out of the game of football! Pretty soon they'll be telling us not to yell, that the noise might upset their overpaid prema-donna's, or might be distracting to the "suits" that waste time up in the club section! We, the fans, pay the big bucks for tickets, but, we seem to be the one's getting the shaft. If I want to just sit and watch a football game, and not experience the FUN of being there, I'll just stay at home. Hell of a lot cooler in my living room!!

I MISS THE BAND!! Hope they find a place for them by reg season!!
How about those fans who talk right next to you for the whole game or when something good happens they all stand up to see leaving folks like me out in the cold to wonder what happend?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read