Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-26-2009   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

NFL rule being enforced. I hope they find a way to bring them back to the stands.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

Yeah, I have to say, this is not the way to encourage participation in the band.
Old 08-26-2009   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Im sorry, but the bullpen band allways annoys me!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

What rule??

Man, they really are trying to turn this into the no fun league aren't they?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I love them and think this is a put down if you ask me. They are there to do a job and make it fun and more interesting for the fans. The Bull Pen Pep Band is the best in the NFL and as Texans fans we are lucky to have such a great group preform for us at every home game. If you don't like the Pep Band then you should consider just watching the game at home or just ignore them and go on your marry way because they are not going to stop playing just for you. GO TEXANS
Old 08-26-2009   #6
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I love them and think this is a put down if you ask me. They are there to do a job and make it fun and more interesting for the fans. The Bull Pen Pep Band is the best in the NFL and as Texans fans we are lucky to have such a great group preform for us at every home game. If you don't like the Pep Band then you should consider just watching the game at home or just ignore them and go on your marry way because they are not going to stop playing just for you. GO TEXANS
Yeah Roger Goodell!

What he said!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Gary, take it easy buddy.... he was just making a personal statement, it's all good.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2009   #8
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

They used to camp out in the concourse behind in the upper decks and play several tunes while the game was being played.

It was very distracting. Thankfully, that all ended last year.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Gary, take it easy buddy.... he was just making a personal statement, it's all good.
Not liking the fact that they play during the game is one thing. They practie to be as good as they are not to be annoying most of the love it. They don't just show up at the games to play they put work into it and were created by the Texans so tell them but we should not call out the band it's a let down IMO.
Old 08-26-2009   #10
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Just sneak in a generator and a Kareoke machine and you'll be fine.
Old 08-27-2009   #11
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I once jammed to Mustang Sally in Bb with that band!( Thanks bass player)
I think they need their own section so they can keep the excitment going.
So now what happens to them?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I once jammed to Mustang Sally in Bb with that band!( Thanks bass player)
I think they need their own section so they can keep the excitment going.
So now what happens to them?
Hopefully SOMETHING. Now I believe they are forced to roam the stadium during the game.

I HOPE SOME HOW they can be put back into the back rows of the Bullpen!!

I for one am going to send an e-mail to

fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

to express my hoping that the Band will be given a home. After all, they work very hard and I believe do it for free.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-27-2009   #13
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't they have to eject a bunch of paying customers to accommodate that?
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Bull Pen Pep Band not allowed on field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Wouldn't they have to eject a bunch of paying customers to accommodate that?
Cut a deal with the PSL owners. If not this year, for next year.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 08-27-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The could always set up small metal bleachers just behind the Bull Pen. The only thing that would have to be moved would be a couple of mobile beer stands.
Old 08-28-2009   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, so, take this with a grain of salt because I'm a sound engineer so I'm sensitive to this stuff but the acoustics in Reliant are TERRIBLE. If you sit in the uppers the pep band sounds like four guys playing toy trumpets. That's right, the entire band sounds like trumpets.

If they set the band up in that walkway behind the bullpen it would be deafening to the fans at the back of that section. Those concrete chambers are extremely loud. You would have to put the band at field level in the first few rows of a section to keep from blasting the people sitting in front of them.

The bell of a trumpet can produce sounds exceeding 140 decibels. (Thats nearing the sound of a jet engine from a few feet away.) It doesn't feel as loud because it's frequency range is much smaller than a Jet Engine. So it's perceived as quieter but the discomfort level still exists.

If the band was in front of the fans (as they are on the field) the acoustic volume (direct sound) would be reduced dramatically.

Secondly the band is not recorded clearly because they use a few microphones that pick up a general area instead of recording each instrument and mixing it together via a sound board (which they have). In a loud stadium capturing sound in proximity to the source is critical.

Thirdly, they are battling the PA system and it's a loosign battle. You can't even understand speech up there in the 600's. (and our ears are naturally tuned to hear speech!)

There are several factors that need to be addressed with the Pep Band.

Having said that, Not having them would be a loss of our unique game experience. I just think it should be improved upon considerably.
Old 08-28-2009   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Okay, so, take this with a grain of salt because I'm a sound engineer so I'm sensitive to this stuff but the acoustics in Reliant are TERRIBLE. If you sit in the uppers the pep band sounds like four guys playing toy trumpets. That's right, the entire band sounds like trumpets.

If they set the band up in that walkway behind the bullpen it would be deafening to the fans at the back of that section. Those concrete chambers are extremely loud. You would have to put the band at field level in the first few rows of a section to keep from blasting the people sitting in front of them.

The bell of a trumpet can produce sounds exceeding 140 decibels. (Thats nearing the sound of a jet engine from a few feet away.) It doesn't feel as loud because it's frequency range is much smaller than a Jet Engine. So it's perceived as quieter but the discomfort level still exists.

If the band was in front of the fans (as they are on the field) the acoustic volume (direct sound) would be reduced dramatically.

Secondly the band is not recorded clearly because they use a few microphones that pick up a general area instead of recording each instrument and mixing it together via a sound board (which they have). In a loud stadium capturing sound in proximity to the source is critical.

Thirdly, they are battling the PA system and it's a loosign battle. You can't even understand speech up there in the 600's. (and our ears are naturally tuned to hear speech!)

There are several factors that need to be addressed with the Pep Band.

Having said that, Not having them would be a loss of our unique game experience. I just think it should be improved upon considerably.

Barrett, you are psychotic!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

what? it's totally true.
Old 08-28-2009   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
what? it's totally true.
and, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

omg! that's true too!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read