Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2009   #1
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ABC 13 Preseason broadcasts are sucking

Whats up w/this station and the lack of quality for our preseason games?

- Graphics on the screen were fuzzy most of the time.
- Before many plays they wouldn't show the down and distance
- No line of scrimmage and first down line on screen for a lot of the game.
- Joel Myers(?) called #94 'Antwaun' Smith and then after that said that Antwaun Molden was in on some coverage! Dude didn't even play! LOL
- Spencer Tillman said 'Johnny on the spot' and 'he needs to run lower to the ground' and 'center of gravity' waaay too many times.

I don't remember it being this sub-par last year.

Last edited by blitz90; 08-24-2009 at 07:11 AM.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ABC 13 Preseason broadcasts are sucking

Joel Myers rocks. "Check that," he is terrible.
Old 08-23-2009   #3
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

i didn't watch texans preseason much last year, but this year the lack of 1st down line started pissing me off after the first 3rd down play
Old 08-23-2009   #4
old_man_1898
Rookie

And in the 4th quarter Myers says,"with touchdowns by David Anderson and Andre Johnson."
He even mixes up AD and AJ after 2 seasons.
old_man_1898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Grass is green and water is wet. More news at 10.
Old 08-23-2009   #6
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

The pre season games on ABC 13 are like an amateur comedy hour that lasts far too long.

The quality of the broadcast and the clowns they have in the booth are an embarrassment to this city and its Texans fans. We deserve better.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the broadcast sucked even harder than the Texans themselves
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2009   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL.com highlights showed the KC feed last week. The quality was much, much better.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no doubt about it. 13 is dropping the ball on this and I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to get together and let the Texans know we're not happy with this. They probably already see what we see but just to be sure I think it's letter writing time. I've no doubt they have a contract or something that precludes them just kicking 13 to the curb but maybe they don't or maybe they could simply apply a little pressure and push them to do a better job. Our broadcasts stink right now. It's bad enough with preseason that you get lousy football but does it have to be broadcast in manner that would embarrass XFL teams too?
Old 08-23-2009   #10
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Disgusting quality and production value for these games. Channel 13 should be embarrassed as hell. I always record the games I go to but didn't knowing that Ch. 13 would be sending in a NON-HD crap broadcast. I have set to record the HD broadcast on NFLN which will be the Saints broadcast.

Totally inexcusable. I think we are the ONLY TEAM in the NFL with NON-HD preseason broadcasts.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Disgusting quality and production value for these games. Channel 13 should be embarrassed as hell. I always record the games I go to but didn't knowing that Ch. 13 would be sending in a NON-HD crap broadcast. I have set to record the HD broadcast on NFLN which will be the Saints broadcast.

Totally inexcusable. I think we are the ONLY TEAM in the NFL with NON-HD preseason broadcasts.
Lance Z tweeted that it's the Texans decision not to air the games on HD and not Channel 13's

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #12
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, we are just lucky in Austin to be seeing anything so I can't complain.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
i didn't watch texans preseason much last year, but this year the lack of 1st down line started pissing me off after the first 3rd down play
I remember seeing it on a play that was challenged. It was about 3 yards off though.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst one all night was a pressure/knockdown of the QB by Shaun Cody. Myers misread Cody's jersey number as 75 (it's actually #95) and gave credit for the hit to Stanley McClover. McClover was waived this past week. Spencer acknowledged the hit was by Cody, but I never heard the McClover reference corrected. Perhaps they decided there was no way to do it without making Myers look like a buffoon.
Old 08-23-2009   #15
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers is horrible. He can't get any names right and he just doesn't know what he is saying half the time. Time to replace him! I really don't pay attention to him anymore, since he makes so many mistakes during the broadcast, but I am tempted to go back and listen, so I can list the many examples. I catch them as he is saying them, but do not waste the memory space!

It is bad!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post
Whats up w/this station and the lack of quality for our preseason games?

- Graphics on the screen were fuzzy most of the time.
- Before many plays they wouldn't show the down and distance
- No line of scrimmage and first down line on screen for a lot of the game.
- Joel Myers(?) called #94 'Antwaun' Smith and then after that said that Antwaun Molden was in on some coverage! Dude didn't even play! LOL
- Spencer Tillman said 'Johnny on the spot' and 'he needs to run lower to the ground' and 'center of gravity' waaay too many times.

Was it this sub-par last year??
i read that they are having technical problems. what a load of c**p. they were just too cheap to hire an HD-enabled camera crew/production booth. Now that they have gotten lots of complaints they claim they are looking into it and should have it ready for next year. give me an f'ing break.

this week, they will finally be shot in HD and we won't have to live through that. going back and watching last nights game on TV was tough.
Old 08-23-2009   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just preseason. It doesn't matter.
Old 08-23-2009   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite Myers moment so far (aside from the McClover/Cody debacle) was last week when he referred to fantasy football as "rotisserie football". That was hysterical.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

YEP

More of uncle Bob being uncle BoB
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
YEP

More of uncle Bob being uncle BoB
Who's uncle Bob?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read