Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-23-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default I predict BJ Raji will disappear.

He's going to either play the NT in a 3-4...... which, unless he is a monster, he will be easily forgotten.

Or he's going to play DE in a Dom Capers 3-4...... he's not much different from TJ in my opinion, and he's not cut out for DE in a 3-4.
Old 08-23-2009   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I predict BJ Raji will disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's going to either play the NT in a 3-4...... which, unless he is a monster, he will be easily forgotten.

Or he's going to play DE in a Dom Capers 3-4...... he's not much different from TJ in my opinion, and he's not cut out for DE in a 3-4.
So would he get an Amber alert?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvYVBE_FlI

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #4
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

What are you smoking? First round defense picks never fade off into mediocrity.

Signed,

TJ & Amobi
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I didn't see the whole game, just some highlights, but we was taking on 2-3 blockers and giving them a lot of trouble. Again it was only a few plays, but he looked beastly.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

It took Vince Wilfork a few years to become the same player he appeared to be in college. There is that much difference in the blockers.

Calling a defensive lineman a bust after one game is a joke.

Remember Mario's first year.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

astute as usual ....all I hear are rave reviews about his play and the little I've seen of him has been impressive. He isn't the same kind of player TJ is, so it's comparing apples to lawnmowers.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2009   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
astute as usual ....all I hear are rave reviews about his play and the little I've seen of him has been impressive. He isn't the same kind of player TJ is, so it's comparing apples to lawnmowers.
Recent highly rated DT/NT of the last few years are Dorsey , Raji , Ellis , and Okoye . I know two aren't doing so hot , not sure about the others .
Old 08-24-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Recent highly rated DT/NT of the last few years are Dorsey , Raji , Ellis , and Okoye . I know two aren't doing so hot , not sure about the others .
was Okoye ever really a highly rated NOSE Tackle? I don't ever remember anyone pimping his two gap prowess.

Old 08-24-2009   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
was Okoye ever really a highly rated NOSE Tackle? I don't ever remember anyone pimping his two gap prowess.
I was talking about defensive tackles and nose guard type players in general . It's such a hit and miss for good inside players . Who would you take between TJ , Okoye , or the 2003 Seth Payne .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 08-24-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I was talking about defensive tackles and nose guard type players in general . It's such a hit and miss for good inside players . Who would you take between TJ , Okoye , or the 2003 Seth Payne .
Seth Payne was a better player than both of those guys.

Old 08-24-2009   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Payne was a vet with how many years experience? It's not fair to judge a young DT to Payne yet. Plus as Vinny pointed out earlier Okoye is not and has not ever been called a NT. He is a DT. And he was asked to do things last years that did not play into his skill set.

TJ has been made a NT by this team, but his skill set also are those of DT.

Do you know the difference between the two tackles in the 4-3? ones the NT and the other is called the Under Tackle. They require different skill sets.

Payne was a NT in the 4-3 and 3-4 with years of experience.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Payne was a vet with how many years experience? It's not fair to judge a young DT to Payne yet. Plus as Vinny pointed out earlier Okoye is not and has not ever been called a NT. He is a DT. And he was asked to do things last years that did not play into his skill set.

TJ has been made a NT by this team, but his skill set also are those of DT.

Do you know the difference between the two tackles in the 4-3? ones the NT and the other is called the Under Tackle. They require different skill sets.

Payne was a NT in the 4-3 and 3-4 with years of experience
I expect my 1st round picks to outplay a journeyman from an Ivy league school .

You are missing the point by throwing in X's and O's . I'm talking about inside players whether their tackles , nose guards , speed bumps , matadors , you name it . You are either willing to scrap or your not , heck Allan Page was a 230 lb DT ... I know players were smaller ) ... he found a way .

My point is to be a Super Bowl quality team , you have to have a dominate inside player .

Lombardi's Packers .... Willie Davis .
Jets ... beats me .
Chiefs ... Buck Buchanon and Curly Culp .
Colts ... beats me .
Cowboys ... Bob Lilly and Jethro Pugh
Dolphins ... Manny Fernandez
Steelers ... Mean Joe Green and Larry Holmes
Raiders ... Otis Sistrunk from the U of Mars .
Cowboys ... Randy White
Giants ... Burt
Bears ... McMichael and The Fridge
Redskins ... Dave Butz
49ers ... Michael Carter
Patriots ... Seymour , Warren , Wilfork
Cowboys ... Lett , Hennings , Maryland
Steelers ... Hampton
Packers ... Gilbert Brown , Dotson
Giants ... Tuck and ?
Broncos ... beats me .
Bucs .... Sapp and Booger .
Ravens ... Goose and Sam Adams ( not the beer ) .

See some are DTs and some are NGs but they were a force .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 08-25-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seth Payne was a better player than both of those guys.
He probably would still be better than both of them if both his knees weren't in the medical Hall of Fame.
Old 08-25-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-tackles_N.htm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read