Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2009   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default New coach, couple new players, same old defense ....

Cushions at the corners, soft against the run up the gut, no effective blitzing, and giving it up in the RZ.

At least it's preseason.
Old 08-22-2009   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New coach, couple new players, same old defense ....

Still can't get over the hump from 'Terrible' to 'Not completely embarrassing'.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-22-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its preseason
Our best DBs aren't on the field
Our starting S lb is hurt
We are going against last years overall #1 offense

Its preseason

Lets not get over excited already
Old 08-22-2009   #5
Ckw

Something tells me we are running a very vanilla defense. I just can't and won't believe the blitz packages we have run are going to be the same ones we run in the regular season. I really don't believe this is the "same old defense".
Old 08-22-2009   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its preseason

Its preseason

Exactly right. We posted at about the same time. Add your post to mine and you have the perfect post on the matter.
Old 08-22-2009   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Something tells me we are running a very vanilla defense. I just can't and won't believe the blitz packages we have run are going to be the same ones we run in the regular season. I really don't believe this is the "same old defense".
Vanilla or not, those guys in the middle are just getting beat.
Old 08-22-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its preseason

Its preseason

I don't even care about the passing plays, there was no excuse for the rushing defense tonight. The Saints aren't even a running team and we allowed them to truck right over us.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

move on now, nothing to see here, keep moving
Old 08-22-2009   #10
ragindark
Rookie

Remember that you are going against the Saints who have #1 offense in the NFL.
ragindark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragindark View Post
Remember that you are going against the Saints who have #1 offense in the NFL.
What was their rushing offense like........again I don't give a crap about the passing plays. That's NOT why I'm upset. We have to play against the Titans 2x a year....they are going to hang 250+ rushing yards on us if we go out there and play like we did tonight.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-22-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2009   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Okay.....that last play was just embarrassing. That's exactly what I'm talking about. We're getting gashed all night long.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-22-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2009   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Have any of our DBs laid a finger on the football?
Old 08-22-2009   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Vanilla or not, those guys in the middle are just getting beat.
Can't argue with that after that last drive.
Old 08-22-2009   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush has nothing to gain from showing his hand and doing anything special but thats no excuse for the utter lack of execution

This defense needs Cushing more than we thought
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Bush has nothing to gain from showing his hand and doing anything special but thats no excuse for the utter lack of execution

I don't expect to see any exotic blitz schemes or fancy stunts or unusual coverages. I would like to see the corners up tight to jam at the line and see how they handle it. I'd like to see the line beat their man and stop a run up the middle. I'd like to see players recognizing the situation and covering correctly. The scheme can be adjusted later.
Old 08-22-2009   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

Yeah, what happened tonight doesn't have anything to do with trying to hide a scheme, but simply a lack of gap discipline. Not only could I not find our DTs anywhere near a play, but our LBs were missing as well. The worst defensive performance I've seen in a while.....and being a fan of this team, that's saying something.
Old 08-23-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, what happened tonight doesn't have anything to do with trying to hide a scheme, but simply a lack of gap discipline. Not only could I not find our DTs anywhere near a play, but our LBs were missing as well. The worst defensive performance I've seen in a while.....and being a fan of this team, that's saying something.
Yep it was very disappointing I don't take many positives away from this game. I guess coming out healthy is the only thing to show for it tonight.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'm sorry no matter what scheme you run, when the other teams offensive line is moving you back 2-3 years per play you aren't going to be successful. If we are not successful up front we might as well forget it, people will run the ball on us and then throw the deep pass over the top cause we have to start creeping our safeties up.

The front DL is still horrible.
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #20
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
I'm sorry no matter what scheme you run, when the other teams offensive line is moving you back 2-3 years per play you aren't going to be successful. If we are not successful up front we might as well forget it, people will run the ball on us and then throw the deep pass over the top cause we have to start creeping our safeties up.

The front DL is still horrible.
nothing that a couple of more first round picks can't fix right? gotta love it when 2 first round DT's in a 3 year span finally pay off.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read