Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Texans Vs Aint's Gameday Thread

At Reliant Stadium.
Old 08-22-2009   #2
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Texans Vs Aint's Gameday Thread

I think the Saints have helmet envy.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I only had a few minutes to photoshop this, or it would've looked better. The wife was getting impatient for me to get off my butt and get the tailgating gear together...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pumped up for this game and hopefully I can move into my apartment in time for the game (starting school next week at UT - Austin). I'm looking foward to seeing our defense, especially Frank Okam and DelJuan Robinson tear it up out there!

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Injury report

going to have to relook that.. yahoo, had Weaver listed .WTF?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Injury report

going to have to relook that.. yahoo, had Weaver listed .WTF?
What? Rex Grossman day to day?

I think your injury report leaves much to be desired.

EDIT: Wow. That must have been perfect timing. That's not the message I replied to. Wolf must have edited it just as I hit reply.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Will we have a decent picture this week? I'm sure 13 had a lot of complaints about last weeks broadcast. I wouldn't hold my breath though, they didn't fix it last season.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What? Rex Grossman day to day?

I think your injury report leaves much to be desired.

EDIT: Wow. That must have been perfect timing. That's not the message I replied to. Wolf must have edited it just as I hit reply.
yeah, I thought it was strange..and when I reread it and saw Weavers name, I thought huh?

nfl.com shows no injuries on the report
http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=HOU
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If your local channels aren't showing the game, I give you Saints vs. TEXANS...
http://www.justin.tv/james_k_p

Last edited by BSofA04; 08-22-2009 at 05:33 PM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Will we have a decent picture this week? I'm sure 13 had a lot of complaints about last weeks broadcast. I wouldn't hold my breath though, they didn't fix it last season.
In order to prepare for much the same this evening, I've been smearing my plasma screen with Vaseline all week to get used to the degraded picture. When the game comes on, I'll wipe the Vaseline off and should feel right at home with the lousy broadcast.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In order to prepare for much the same this evening, I've been smearing my plasma screen with Vaseline all week to get used to the degraded picture. When the game comes on, I'll wipe the Vaseline off and should feel right at home with the lousy broadcast.
LOL! Sad but true, I think it will be the same.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
What is their HD channel?
Old 08-22-2009   #13
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I read in the chron yesterday that ABC is going to have the same "quality" of cameras through the preseason. I believe they said some of the affiliates are not able to broadcast in better definition yet.

edit: found it on David Barron's TV notebook:

Quote:
The Texans say their preseason games are not being carried in HD on KTRK (Channel 13) because of format and transmission issues between Channel 13 and the other nine stations on the team’s network.

Team officials, however, are aware of your displeasure. “We will try to do HD (for exhibition games) next season,” spokesman Tony Wyllie said. “We are exploring ways to get it done, and we will get it done.” ...
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not broadcasting live NFL games in HD is a crime against humanity. I don't care what KTRK's excuse is, they are a bunch of jerks for broadcasting in non-HD. The Houston Texans should find another station for their pre-season games.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not broadcasting live NFL games in HD is a crime against humanity. I don't care what KTRK's excuse is, they are a bunch of jerks for broadcasting in non-HD. The Houston Texans should find another station for their pre-season games.
I'd be happy with a pixelated picture of the field, instead of Bob Allen's mug. I just want them to actually broadcast the game instead of the sidelines. Oh yeah, and maybe remove the graphics showing the starting lineup before the play happens. Yeah, maybe they will try that next season too.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope to see Billy Miller for a few series anyway! I still miss the dude! Sentimental reasons! BUT, I think he has a knee injury.

Gonna sit out most of this tailgate, BUT, my old body won't have to worry about TV, cause I'll be in my seat surrounded by TEXAN fans, I hope!

Best of luck to you guys/gals out there who have to put up with subpar TV though. ABC needs to get their sheeeeeettttt together!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

At least you guys get the game live. I have to wait until 12am monday to see it. Of course the Cryboys are always shown live here in Corpus Christi.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
At least you guys get the game live. I have to wait until 12am monday to see it. Of course the Cryboys are always shown live here in Corpus Christi.
See my previous post. You can watch the game online tonight. It'd be inhumane to wait until midnight on Monday.
Old 08-22-2009   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'd be happy with a pixelated picture of the field, instead of Bob Allen's mug. I just want them to actually broadcast the game instead of the sidelines. Oh yeah, and maybe remove the graphics showing the starting lineup before the play happens. Yeah, maybe they will try that next season too.
Hell at least we are getting the game.
Old 08-22-2009   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Hell at least we are getting the game.
No kidding! Preseason never used to be televised.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read