Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-20-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Top 50 CBs....

I just happened upon this, as I was browsing a few other message boards. I would copy and paste it here, but I'm not too sure what the rules are about printing this kind of stuff.

But Follow this link, and look at #47
Old 08-20-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Top 50 CBs....

Cool list. Thanks for posting. Good stuff. I wonder where Dunta would rank had he been healthy. It says something that at 47, he stated Bennett was the best CB on the Texans roster.
Old 08-20-2009   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like he had a difficult time giving 2 cents worth for any of our CBs........and less for Dunta than Bennet and Reeves.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

47 is Bennet and 48 is Reeves.

Funny what he says about Reeves, basically says that he is totally average in every aspect then says he shouldn't start in this league. Why should an average CB not start in the league?
Old 08-21-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post

Funny what he says about Reeves, basically says that he is totally average in every aspect then says he shouldn't start in this league. Why should an average CB not start in the league?
... And then be ranked 48th, when there are at least 64 starting CBs in the NFL?
Old 08-21-2009   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post

... And then be ranked 48th, when there are at least 64 starting CBs in the NFL? If you're claiming that a given corner should not be starting, shouldn't you rank him 65 or lower?
Old 08-21-2009   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The stats are there but it doesn't say anything about which stats were used or not to make the list, they're not in order of attempts, INT's, TD's, forced INC %, etc... A list is nice but it's only one mans opinion and it's useless since he didn't use his own stats to make his rankings. I've seen other lists that showed Reeves as the best CB on our team last year and a very underrated CB within the league. Also stats can be used and twisted around to mean anything you want them to mean.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2009   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The stats are there but it doesn't say anything about which stats were used or not to make the list, they're not in order of attempts, INT's, TD's, forced INC %, etc...
Yup, he lists the stats as if they are significant and then doesn't explain how if at all they are used. Look at Reeves and Bennett. Reeves gets thrown at more, forces a higher rate of incompletions, gives up fewer TD's and gets more INT's and somehow gets ranked lower.
Old 08-21-2009   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I get what you're saying about stats.. but we all know that stats aren't everything.

This is just this guys opinion, & I doubt anyone is going to say "Reeves is the 48th best CB in the league" using this as his sole source.

Much like Madden gives every player a ranking... it doesn't mean anything, unless you value Madden's opinion.

I thought it was an interesting link, I liked what he said about Bennett, I don't agree, but I liked it.

I found it interesting how low he ranked Gamble, and that agrees with my thoughts on the quality of the corner backs in the league today. Imagine how much a young Dione Sanders would "command" if he were in today's market.

I understand it is what it is... I'm just wondering how much longer can the league keep this up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read