Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-20-2009   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HEB, what are you thinking...

After work this evening, we went into HEB and were picking up last minute things for Saturday's tailgate. Well, when we got up to the cashiers stand, I noticed those reuseable bags, and they were all Dallas Cowboys...ALL OF THEM!
So I told the cashier that what is HEB thinking, this is Texans country, not Cowgirls land. I then said what a joke, HEB is the sponsor for the Texans Tailgater of the Year and Game...so what a joke this is seeing you sell Cowboys junk.
The kid said there are tons of fans here that like Dallas, and I said it is not the point, this is Houston and the Texans play here..
Well I just emailed HEB corporate and told them of my disgust. I told them I will not be shopping there for the remainder of the season, for tailgating or our regular stuff, and that I would tell other friends and ticket holders of that as well. Now you all don't have to do what I am doing, but for HEB to be the Texans sponsor for Tailgater or the year and then sell Dallas stuff at the counter, well then , they lost me. So now they are aware that Randalls or Walmart will now get my home and tailgating dollars.
Email HEB if you feel the same as I do, or not, either way, I'm done with them.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HEB, what are you thinking...

Hm. That would annoy me, too.

I'm in Austin, though - so I'm used to it. Right now in the entrance to the HEB I use, there's a GIGANTIC PILE of Dallas Cowboy packaged charcoal, lighter fluid, etc.

The only Texans stuff I've seen in the store are some Texans beer coozies (sp?), and some Texans gardening gloves.

Which - is better than the amount of Texans stuff they carried two years ago, which was NOTHING.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
After work this evening, we went into HEB and were picking up last minute things for Saturday's tailgate. Well, when we got up to the cashiers stand, I noticed those reuseable bags, and they were all Dallas Cowboys...ALL OF THEM!
So I told the cashier that what is HEB thinking, this is Texans country, not Cowgirls land. I then said what a joke, HEB is the sponsor for the Texans Tailgater of the Year and Game...so what a joke this is seeing you sell Cowboys junk.
The kid said there are tons of fans here that like Dallas, and I said it is not the point, this is Houston and the Texans play here..
Well I just emailed HEB corporate and told them of my disgust. I told them I will not be shopping there for the remainder of the season, for tailgating or our regular stuff, and that I would tell other friends and ticket holders of that as well. Now you all don't have to do what I am doing, but for HEB to be the Texans sponsor for Tailgater or the year and then sell Dallas stuff at the counter, well then , they lost me. So now they are aware that Randalls or Walmart will now get my home and tailgating dollars.
Same goes for Wal Mart! Five racks of Cowboy stuff, one tiny rack of Texan stuff! Kroger has been my fav. I found a lot of cool stuff, like pencils, decals, stickers, ticket holder, styafoam (sp) coolers, folders for school kids, etc. Just nick/nack stuff, BUT, NO Cowboy stuff at all!! I was impressed! They have coke cans with Texan logo, as well as chips. Don't know how long this will last, but, I'll take it and give them props for being loyal to our team. I gave them a bad time for carrying VY sausage though. They placed it right next to Earls, and I about had a fit! Told the manager that was an insult to one of the NFLs greatest players! He got a good laugh out of my rant, but, he moved VY's sausage to another rack, WAY BELOW Earls!! lol Kinda fun watching his face when an old lady like me gave him such a bad time! It was all in fun!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Texans a lot, but to boycott a grocery store because they don't sell apparel from my favorite team? That seems a little over the top The cowboys aren't even in our division. If the company makes money selling the 'boys stuff, let them. If the Texans are going to win over Cowgirl fans, I want it to be because the on field product is better, not because there are napkins with our logo at the checkout line.

We'll get plenty of "fans" when our team starts winning

Last edited by gtexan02; 08-20-2009 at 07:55 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Why give the cashier an earful? Not like they have a single say in the matter. Just doing their job.

Go see the store manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

I'm in Austin, though - so I'm used to it. Right now in the entrance to the HEB I use, there's a GIGANTIC PILE of Dallas Cowboy packaged charcoal, lighter fluid, etc.

The only Texans stuff I've seen in the store are some Texans beer coozies (sp?), and some Texans gardening gloves.

Which - is better than the amount of Texans stuff they carried two years ago, which was NOTHING.

Same here in Corpus Christi, I freakin hate seeing the Cowboys crap!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

The HEB here at 99 & Fry had all that crap too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Yep. Us central Texans are used to it, since we are in between both cities we are used to getting NOTHING Texans......it blows.

That's how I found you fine fans, I got so pissed about no coverage I started looking on the net for some Texans fellowship, news, anything I could find. And that's how I ended up on this MB.
Old 08-20-2009   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Why give the cashier an earful? Not like they have a single say in the matter. Just doing their job.

Go see the store manager.
It was in fun with him, we were joking around about it..I would never take that out on a kid who has no say in the matter...
Old 08-20-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Rep for you Hobie.

Nothing more annoying than meeting Cowboys fans out here that aren't from Dallas.

This is Texans country and that should be the stuff sold here. The thing is just wait until the Texans eventually become a power house and so many of these chicken shit fans that claim they don't care about the Texans out here will jump on the bad wagon like a bunch of flies on dog shit. I'll always root for the Texans rain sleet or snow. I've hated so many of their moves and been so frustrated with this franchise since it's inception, but it's still my team and always will be as long as they remain in Houston, because that's what being a Houston fan is all about.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I love the Texans a lot, but to boycott a grocery store because they don't sell apparel from my favorite team? That seems a little over the top The cowboys aren't even in our division. If the company makes money selling the 'boys stuff, let them. If the Texans are going to win over Cowgirl fans, I want it to be because the on field product is better, not because there are napkins with our logo at the checkout line.

Not the point.. Matters to me not, they are just the closest to the house, but when you are the sponsor of the Houston Texans tailgater of the Year, and you have to basically whore yourself with HEB stuff to get them to look at your stuff, then not sell Texans stuff, well then, that's where I have the problem. Kroger or Wal-mart can take my money now, they are a little farther out, but hey, everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do..
Old 08-20-2009   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

HEB store in The Woodlands has 85% Texans gear, 15% cowgirls. They may just be putting out what was shipped to them by location.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

It is called marketing and good business. If HEB does not wish to do either of these things in Houston then they reap what they sow. Last year here in austin we had a station that posted all over their website HOME of the Texans. yet they only showed one Texans game, the game we played the cowgirls. To me that is false advertising. HEB claims they are the Texans store and to not have any Texans stuff is flatout being a lying bastard.
Old 08-21-2009   #14
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not understand HEB.....should be as much or more Texan merchandise than Cowboy merchandise......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Last year here in austin we had a station that posted all over their website HOME of the Texans. yet they only showed one Texans game, the game we played the cowgirls. To me that is false advertising. HEB claims they are the Texans store and to not have any Texans stuff is flatout being a lying bastard.
I remember that! And as a fan base, we rose up with an email attack on them, and they soon after removed any reference to being "home of the Texans."

Pricks.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say this though guys. As much as that annoys me, I won't be boycotting my grocery shopping of HEB. I simply can't do that. I like their stores far better than any others and their products as well. I have 3 different HEB's that I currently go to now, and I love them all for different reasons. Nice to let them know how we all feel, but I gots to have me some HEB shopping man.
Old 08-21-2009   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'll say this though guys. As much as that annoys me, I won't be boycotting my grocery shopping of HEB. I simply can't do that. I like their stores far better than any others and their products as well. I have 3 different HEB's that I currently go to now, and I love them all for different reasons. Nice to let them know how we all feel, but I gots to have me some HEB shopping man.
That is the problem with this. where do you shop if you want to send a message? Randalls is to expensive and is there anything else near by.

If you hate comcast the only other way you can go is sat. Which is BS
Old 08-21-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That is the problem with this. where do you shop if you want to send a message? Randalls is to expensive and is there anything else near by.

If you hate comcast the only other way you can go is sat. Which is BS
Sorry, but it's not that serious. It's a grocery store. It's not like they screwed me out of a ton of money or told me a bunch of lies like Comcast does several times a year. HEB can't even be remotely compared to a company like Comcast. Not even close. I save a ton of money by going to HEB and they have by far the best products at their stores in my opinion in this city. I'm not going to completely stop shopping there because they have more Cowboys apparel then Texans stuff. I can understand sending an email and explaining the disdain for it and complaining and maybe even making that threat, but I'm not going to completely change my grocery shopping habits over something like that. They're a business at the end of the day. If they have a lot higher demand selling Cowboys apparel, then that's typically what businesses do. They purchase what their consumers want to buy. The fact is that you live in a city that has a ton of Cowboys fans despite the fact that the Texans play here. HEB isn't going to miss out on opportunities for profit, just because they're selling Cowboys apparel in Houston.
Old 08-21-2009   #19
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, I can't jump on this wagon either. I freaking hate Wal-Mart with a blood red passion. There isn't a Randall's near by, but they're expensive as hell anyway. Plus they didn't sell booze for years which erked me. The only option left would be Kroger and the one by me is just, well, nasty. I applaud your effort though.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a thought, Maybe all the Texans "swag" that they had already sold and now all they have left is the Dallas stuff which no one will buy?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read