Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2009   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SR610: Cato June has broken his forearm

June was a bubble guy from everything I read, so I don't think this particular injury is a big set back.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 08-20-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #22
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
June was a bubble guy from everything I read, so I don't think this particular injury is big set back.
That's pretty much how I felt...and with Cushing, I'm fine if he's not practicing if it's get healthy...no need for him to be out there just for the sake of being out there if he's even the least bit off his springs.
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #23
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean Diles goes back to WLB and Thompson will backup Cushing? How about Davis? Where does he fit in?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, can we really feel comfortable about Cushings situation ? I heard he wasn't at practice yesterday and I was there myself today and saw no sigh of him ? I hope his knee injury isn't more serious than what the Texans are
reporting but with the lack of candor they have about such things one never knows ?
Cushing was there today and walking around just fine after an ice down.
Old 08-20-2009   #25
Uprising
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

That's great to hear. Definitely need him healthy. I hate how many injuries there are during preseason / practices.

Can't wait for Saturday though, been missing the sight of the inside of Reliant! Go Texans!
Uprising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't think this team is having any more injuries per se than any other team in the NFL. But injuries are indeed part of the game. More so than any fan is willing to admit, or deal with.

Injuries are the reason why W-L predictions are silly.
You must have misplaced your 10 Commandments Of Being A Football Fan. Commandment number three clearly states "Thou shall not deprive the right of a fellow fan of his unfounded panic."

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You must have misplaced your 10 Commandments Of Being A Football Fan. Commandment number three clearly states "Thou shall not deprive the right of a fellow fan of his unfounded panic."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2009   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers still had his boot on; he walked around quite actively though!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #29
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, I missed him. I hope he was getting iced-down after some serious running or other exercise ?
BTW, saw Pitts taking a few snaps with the first-team.
How many fights were there, 5 or 6 ? Guys were trading hooks and jabs today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #30
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to slow down in practice sheesh is it really necessary to bust it like this and lose guys? I'd rather have nothing but mental reps and film study until week 1, nothing physical!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #31
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Anybody knows the extent of the injury?
Chron.com Notes said he will undergo surgery this afternoon to put a plate in at the break.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6580200.html
Old 08-20-2009   #32
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at practice today and saw Cato over walk over to the sideline and they were looking at his right forearm and then he left, so I didn't figure that was a good sign. Tough break for June.

I saw Cushing with a giant ice bag around his knee. Good to see Pitts out there. Moved over from the far field sideline to the main field endzone when I heard the commotion, so I missed the fights. I should have stayed put!

I thought the team looked a little tired and worn out compared to the Sunday practice I went to (3rd day of camp), but that can be expected with the training camp grind wearing them down.

Brink looked terrible and Orlovsky didn't look too sharp so Schaub better stay healthy or I'm afraid our season is toast.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #33
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, can we really feel comfortable about Cushings situation ? I heard he wasn't at practice yesterday and I was there myself today and saw no sigh of him ? I hope his knee injury isn't more serious than what the Texans are
reporting but with the lack of candor they have about such things one never knows ?
What does his presence have to do with the severity of his injury? It's not like he was expected to start practice this week.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #34
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I was at practice today and saw Cato over walk over to the sideline and they were looking at his right forearm and then he left, so I didn't figure that was a good sign. Tough break for June.

I saw Cushing with a giant ice bag around his knee. Good to see Pitts out there. Moved over from the far field sideline to the main field endzone when I heard the commotion, so I missed the fights. I should have stayed put!

I thought the team looked a little tired and worn out compared to the Sunday practice I went to (3rd day of camp), but that can be expected with the training camp grind wearing them down.

Brink looked terrible and Orlovsky didn't look too sharp so Schaub better stay healthy or I'm afraid our season is toast.
Orlovsky almost invariably throws wobbly balls. Against KC, I figured that might be due to the rain. But even at practice his balls are wobbly and take forever to get to the receiver.
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #35
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post

Is it a bad sign or does it not matter that Cushing has a giant bag of ice on his knee a week after the injury?
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #36
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Is it a bad sign or does it not matter that Cushing has a giant bag of ice on his knee a week after the injury?
Was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-20-2009   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It is normal to ice down after working an injury out. Once the ice down was done he looked fine walking around.

I would assume they begin to slowly work him back in early next week. I hope he can play a little against the Vikes, but won't be upset if we hold him out. I'd like to see him get a few reps in at least one of the last 2 preseason games. We'll see
Old 08-20-2009   #38
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is normal to ice down after working an injury out. Once the ice down was done he looked fine walking around.

I would assume they begin to slowly work him back in early next week. I hope he can play a little against the Vikes, but won't be upset if we hold him out. I'd like to see him get a few reps in at least one of the last 2 preseason games. We'll see
I don't want him playing a snap in preseason personally. I don't see what good it serves to risk it.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #39
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm just hoping we do whatever it takes to get the right people on the field to sack Favre eight times on MNF. We'd probably cultivate a new national fanbase.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I don't want him playing a snap in preseason personally. I don't see what good it serves to risk it.
I think he absolutely needs a few reps. He needs to get used to the speed and get involved with the defense during true game situations before the real bullets begin to fly.

If it's that big of a risk to play a rookie in a preseason game then he ain't worth taking a chance on, right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read