Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-19-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Viking's Allen Inured??

Never know what to make about the extent of injury reports, but

Quote:
Jared Allen misses practice with leg/ankle/foot injury

With one high-profile offensive player dominating the NFL headlines in Minnesota and throughout the country on Tuesday, a high-profile defensive player missed practice with a leg or ankle or foot injury of some sort.

Allen suffered the injury during a team drill Monday night. He was slow to get off the ground, and then he limped off the field. He was later driven away in a car (not a cart) near the end of practice.

Teams are not required to provide injury information during the preseason, and thus the Vikings have provided no injury information regarding Allen.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Viking's Allen Inured??

That's unfortunate, sort of. I can't work up a lot of sympathy for the man after watching him blatantly hurt our QB after the play was over last season.

Not cheering for injury. I'd never cheer for anyone's injury. I'm just not feeling sympathetic. There's a small but important difference.
Old 08-19-2009   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's unfortunate, sort of. I can't work up a lot of sympathy for the man after watching him blatantly hurt our QB after the play was over last season.

Not cheering for injury. I'd never cheer for anyone's injury. I'm just not feeling sympathetic. There's a small but important difference.
Good take. Like you, I never wish injury upon anyone, but I don't feel sorry for him at all.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm the odd ball. I actually like the way Allen plays. I think he's pretty damn good.

Am I happy at the two shots to Schaub's legs? Absolutely not, but I don't think he did it on purpose. I'd place just as much blame on Duane Brown. He was getting his ass schooled. I think Salaam even took a schooling from him.
Old 08-19-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I guess I'm the odd ball. I actually like the way Allen plays. I think he's pretty damn good.

Am I happy at the two shots to Schaub's legs? Absolutely not, but I don't think he did it on purpose. I'd place just as much blame on Duane Brown. He was getting his ass schooled. I think Salaam even took a schooling from him.
That's why it's called football! It's just the nature of the game. I'm not mad at Allen either. He dominated Brown is exactly right. I do admit that I was kind of hoping to see some payback. Not necessarily go out and hurt him intentionally. Absolutely not. Just go out there and smack him down H-A-R-D on a play. In essence... school him.
Old 08-19-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
That's why it's called football! It's just the nature of the game. I'm not mad at Allen either. He dominated Brown is exactly right. I do admit that I was kind of hoping to see some payback. Not necessarily go out and hurt him intentionally. Absolutely not. Just go out there and smack him down H-A-R-D on a play. In essence... school him.
And I'd have no problem whatsoever with that.
Old 08-19-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OUtisde of Mario Allen is my favorite DE in the league. I love watching the guy. He reminds me of one of those old school Steelers from the 70's or one of those Raiders types of players from the 70's. He brings it every week and is good at stopping the run and getting sacks and also makes big plays even when hurt. You gotta love an old school good ole boy type of player that wears boots and a cowboy hat that plays his ass off ever week and has the mean streak he does on the field. Not many like him in today's game.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
OUtisde of Mario Allen is my favorite DE in the league. I love watching the guy. He reminds me of one of those old school Steelers from the 70's or one of those Raiders types of players from the 70's. He brings it every week and is good at stopping the run and getting sacks and also makes big plays even when hurt. You gotta love an old school good ole boy type of player that wears boots and a cowboy hat that plays his ass off ever week and has the mean streak he does on the field. Not many like him in today's game.
Howie Long was my favorite DE to watch while I was playing DE in HS. I can see a little Howie Long in Allen. A relentless effort in attempt to get the job done. He might not always get there, but he's busting his ass every attempt.

Let's hope Barwin can become our Howie Long.
Old 08-19-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Howie Long was my favorite DE to watch while I was playing DE in HS. I can see a little Howie Long in Allen. A relentless effort in attempt to get the job done. He might not always get there, but he's busting his ass every attempt.

Let's hope Barwin can become our Howie Long.
Yeah, I'd like to know how many QB hurries Allen had last season, because I remember him causing a ton of plays to end early because he was about to sack the QB and the QB just got rid of it. Plus, the guy had two freaking safeties last year. Most guys don't ever even get one in their career and he got two in one season.
Old 08-19-2009   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen is a dirty player, which is why he gets fined by the NFL (including the LATE HIT on Schaub).

Y'all are free to like who you want, but you're propping a guy that is known for late hits, and these have one purpose.

Do I wish injury on a player? No, but I do think that karma can be a ***** and would not feel sorry for the guy if an injury takes him out. Some people actually get what they deserve.
Old 08-19-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Allen is a dirty player, which is why he gets fined by the NFL (including the LATE HIT on Schaub).

Y'all are free to like who you want, but you're propping a guy that is known for late hits, and these have one purpose.

Do I wish injury on a player? No, but I do think that karma can be a ***** and would not feel sorry for the guy if an injury takes him out. Some people actually get what they deserve.
YOu don't remember him limping off the field last season and pointing at the player who hit him where he was calling the guy out for a cheap shot?
Old 08-19-2009   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YOu don't remember him limping off the field last season and pointing at the player who hit him where he was calling the guy out for a cheap shot?

I'm not sure who you are talking about, but the NFL fined Allen $25,000 for the late hit on Schaub. Allen received a few fines last year for late hits. Dude is a dirty player.
Old 08-19-2009   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes and he whined to the media about the guy trying to ruin his career. he damn well did not think that when he did that to Schaub. It is OK if he does it to someone but no one can cut block him?

Besides what he did to Schaub was dive at his legs from behind not the front or the side.
Old 08-19-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Are people still going to be talking about the hit on Schaub ten years from now with Allen? Every QB in the league takes cheap shots from lineman. Had Schaub not even gotten hurt no one would even remember that hit. I swear it's like there can never be a discussion or mention of Allen's name ever in here without it turning into some bashing and cry baby session on the guy because of what happened to Schaub last season. So he plays balls to the wall. I get it. Players get hurt in football though, and that's part of the game. If Allen played on the Texans, people would worship the guy around here.
Old 08-19-2009   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

If talking about our QB taking a late hit and getting injured is somehow perceived as "crybaby" by you, then we don't have much to converse about. Pretty weak argument on your part to support your mancrush on Jared Allen.

IT WAS LAST SEASON, DUDE. Get it?

p.s. your last comment is lame. Texans fans were all over Travis Johnson for his Green rant. Being a Texans player does not excuse punk ass plays.
Old 08-19-2009   #16
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
p.s. your last comment is lame. Texans fans were all over Travis Johnson for his Green rant. Being a Texans player does not excuse punk ass plays.
I don't know what was worse about that situation, the taunting or the fact that TJ can't get his Wizard of Oz characters straight.

TJ need to be like Tin Man and get him some brains.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If talking about our QB taking a late hit and getting injured is somehow perceived as "crybaby" by you, then we don't have much to converse about. Pretty weak argument on your part to support your mancrush on Jared Allen.

IT WAS LAST SEASON, DUDE. Get it?
Does the complaining and bashing about the guy have to take place every single time the guy's name gets mentioned though? Every time? I mean hell, it's like a few of us can't even have a discussion regarding the guy or make comparisons about him and other top DE's without it turning into just that. And that wasn't an argument on my part DB, it was the truth. My argument I made for liking the guy as a player came way before you guys chimed in with the typical "Allen is a dirty scumbag" player rhetoric. I mean hell, I like to have discussions about other players sometimes and compare who is the best and why and him and Mario have been a pretty good comparison of who is better or who will be the top DE this season for a while now and it's an interesting discussion when it doesn't turn into just a "bash session."
Old 08-19-2009   #18
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I would never wish pain or suffering to another human being...but Karma is a *****, isn't it Mr. Cheap Shot?
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

FWIW, I don't think it was a late hit Allen was called for. I think it was for lunging into the legs of a QB.
Old 08-19-2009   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen said playing a little dirty makes him feel alive .

The funny thing about Allen is , he did 13 reps on the bench at the combine . I guess there's more than the bench press .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read