Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-07-2005   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Will someone explain why people hate T.O.???

I dont and never will understand the critism of him. He goes out and gives it 100% on the game field and on the practice field. What else do you want??? We rip players for not going full speed or quitting on their team but every play T.O. plays puts all his energy into it. He run blocks, goes full speed on routes and never gives up on a play. Yeah, he has celebrations that turn off some people but he practices all day, every day and game day is his turn to act a kid and have some fun. I've yet to see someone get hurt by a celebration of him. Maybe Ray Lewis' feelings, but Ray does his stupid dance before the game has even started!!!! He still hasnt had a philly cheesesteak because it would ruin his diet. If you dont want T.O. to celebrate, then keep him from getting the ball.

Rarely does he ever get critized by teammates but he is still public enemy number one. I still dont see how he was being "selfish" and would be a "distraction" if he played in the Super Bowl. The Patriots couldnt stop him on one ankle. 9 catches for about 120 yards. 6 weeks removed from surgery. How do you not like the guy??? He said something along the lines of "If Favre played with a broken ankle, everyone would call him a warrior, but I do it and I am selfish." He isnt wrong. Most critized him for trying to rush back but if it wasnt for him, we may of witnessed the first shut out in Super Bowl history.

What else does he have to do to get people from bashing him???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #2
dan7
Veteran

Arrow T.O. thoughts

I just read Terrell Owen's autobiography.....quite a story. I admire him as an athlete....

Last edited by dan7; 02-07-2005 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Punctuation
dan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #3
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I don't blame him for rushing back to the SB, I understand why he did it. It's not everyday your playing at a SB and you might not get as lucky as the players on Pats in going 3 times (so far) and after your lil monologue Fiddy I actually like the guy and would choose him over Randy Moss anyday(now hes a distraction)
Old 02-07-2005   #4
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I personally have no beef with T.O., I think he's probably the second best receiver in the NFL, and I like the way he plays.

However, you don't have to look far to see why there are people who hate the guy. For those who don't like to see players trying to be "bigger than the game", T.O.'s cries for attention over his career have really caused problems. For instance, making the pose on the Dallas' Star in the center of the field, pulling out a sharpie in the endzone, b*tching out his offensive coordinator on the sidelines (that's a no-no that I actually consider a problem as well), and starting controversy with Jeff Garcia in San Fran. Just a hunch, but starting **** with the guy who's throwing you the football isn't a very bright idea. I didn't watch all too many of his games, but I remember a knock on him when he was with the 49ers was he WOULD give up on plays; stop blocking too early; not always give 100%.

I like him, he's a great athlete, but I can think of alot of reasons why others don't.

Last edited by blockhead83; 02-08-2005 at 11:20 AM.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
However, you don't have to look far to see why there are people who hate the guy. For those who don't like to see players trying to be "bigger than the game", T.O.'s cries for attention over his career have really caused problems. Just a hunch, but starting **** with the guy who's throwing you the football isn't a very bright idea. I didn't watch all too many of his games, but I remember a knock on him when he was with the 49ers was he WOULD give up on plays; stop blocking too early; not always give 100%
You hit the nail on the head! A selfish, self centered player, IMHO! It's all about TO! He was never a team player when he was with the Niners. All his whining and attention getting antics were distracting to the rest of the team. I can guarantee you, if the Eagles had won the SB, TO would have taken all the credit! The Eagles made it through the playoffs without TO, I believe they would have done just as well, if not better, without him, in the SB. We will never know!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a drama queen.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Eagles are my second favorite team after the Texans. I was really disappointed when he ended up with the Ravens. I was overjoyed when the trade was rescended. Is T.O. irritating at times? Absolutely. Does he do everything he can on the field to win? Absolutely.

Cut the guy some slack. It isn't like he participated in murdering some guys then wins Defensive Player of the Year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2005   #8
MarleyFan
Veteran

Because he was on the 49ers!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
Because he was on the 49ers!
I, for one, was ELATED when he left the NINERS! He gave my second fav team a bad rep long enough! SO LONG, FAREWELL, don't let the door hit you in the a** TO!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

could be cause he's a selfish player, shows off, runs his mouth, wears spandex . Its just when ya hear him talk he never talks about the TEAM he always talks about T.O, and i'm sorry but TO didnt get the eagles to the superbowl it was the OL, DL, QB, WRs, LBs, CBs, SS, FS, RB, FB, and he fails to mention any of them when speaking about the "team" so its like TO is the only guy on the team !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
For instance, making the pose on the Dallas' Star in the center of the field, pulling out a sharpie in the endzone...
That never happens if someone can stop him. Stop him and you wont hear from him.

Quote:
b*tching out his offensive coordinator on the sidelines (that's a no-no that I actually consider a problem as well), and starting controversy with Jeff Garcia in San Fran. Just a hunch, but starting **** with the guy who's throwing you the football isn't a very bright idea.
He wants the ball. You should of gotten the ball in San Fran: Tia Streets or T.O.??? He was yelling at his offensive coordinator cause he knows when he has the ball in his hands, his team as the best shot of winning. I will agree that the Jeff Garcia thing is silly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
could be cause he's a selfish player, shows off, runs his mouth, wears spandex . Its just when ya hear him talk he never talks about the TEAM he always talks about T.O, and i'm sorry but TO didnt get the eagles to the superbowl it was the OL, DL, QB, WRs, LBs, CBs, SS, FS, RB, FB, and he fails to mention any of them when speaking about the "team" so its like TO is the only guy on the team !
Not buying this selfish comment. Who should have the ball: FredEx, Pinkston or T.O.???

Do you like Ray Lewis TexansTrueFan because he shows off BEFORE THE GAME HAS EVEN STARTED!!!

What's wrong with a little confidence??? He knows he is the best WR in the NFL and if you dont stop him, he is going to let you hear about it. If you want to stop his yapping, stop him on the field.

And so what if he likes to wear tights...

What do you mean he fails to mention the team. He praised everyone after they won the NFC Championship game and promised Philly that they would win it without him...

Quote:
"We hang together as much as anybody, and he's a good guy," said Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell. "There's a misconception about him being this selfish player who is hard to get along with. He's a good guy. People don't really know him or understand him. The guy's a competitor. He works hard. He gets a lot of heat because he's in the limelight. But it's not like he's shooting people or anything."
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8002989/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I, for one, was ELATED when he left the NINERS! He gave my second fav team a bad rep long enough! SO LONG, FAREWELL, don't let the door hit you in the a** TO!!!!!!
And now the 49ers have the first pick in the draft...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 02-08-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

George Teague knocked Terrell on his butt and I believe he got fined. I know for him it was worth it though.

I don't know. I've always said that Texans fans that think Terrell is so great might not think so if he disrespected the logo here.
I think his plan is to do whatever he can to make sure he's on the top of ESPN highlight film even if it's not football related.

And as for the Niners they weren't going to be great forever. He burned too many bridges there. He'll do the same wherever he goes because it's just his nature.

Last edited by WWJD; 02-08-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2005   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
George Teague knocked Terrell on his butt and I believe he got fined. I know for him it was worth it though.
Teague could of saved himself a 50 yard sprint if he would of stopped T.O. from getting into the endzone...

Old 02-08-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I don't remember the play other than the stupid way Terrell acted.

Teague was a safety. It might not have even been his play. I don't know.

But it was sure funny when he knocked Terrell about 3 yards off the star. And he said it was worth the fine.

It's too bad Terrell can't just be great on football skills alone and let that be. I saw Jerry Rice play a few times and he was magnificent and he didn't act like that. He just played and excelled. He didn't try all the silliness.

AJ does the same. Just play. You don't have to make a big deal out of it. People will see you're great if you are.

Last edited by WWJD; 02-08-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2005   #15
SESupergenius

I actually like T.O. He's a little mouthy, but the guys stays out of trouble with the law, does his job and wants to win. I'v seen several interviews where he's just trying to explain himself and say things are overblown. He's no Dion, but he likes to have a good time playing the game. Other than the games and the trash talking he does there, he's kept his nose clean. That should be the mark that players set. Play the game, do your best, and have a little fun, don't hurt people and stay clean. Gee that sounds like all of my friends.
Old 02-08-2005   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
That never happens if someone can stop him. Stop him and you wont hear from him.
Oh, so because he's a highly talented receiver, it gives him the right to act like a childish self-centered punk, huh? Sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

Owens is paid to be a receiver and catch the ball. He's not paid to berate the coaches on the sideline. He's not paid to sign autographs in the middle of the game. He's not paid to try and call the plays and coach the quarterbacks. He just needs to shut his pie-hole, and keep it shut, and he needs to stop his never-ending search for the opportunity to make a spectacle out of himself.

If he would just play football, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But as it is, I was rooting on Sunday for either Mike Vrabel or Tedy Bruschi, or Willie McGinest to snap the punk's leg off. And just because he played better then anyone expected made absolutely no difference to me. He's still a punk.

Last edited by Marcus; 02-08-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok first of all fiddy ray lewis shows intensity, he dont pull out shapries, our make big scenes off the field. Intensity/dancing is good, but what T.O does is showboating for himself not the team. Ray wanted to bring Deion in to help the team, owens wants the ball thrown his way to help his stats. You cant compare a PLAYER like Ray Lewis (Defense) to a "character" like Terrell Owens (offense). Bad comparison Fiddy !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #18
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
ok first of all fiddy ray lewis shows intensity, he dont pull out shapries, our make big scenes off the field. Intensity/dancing is good, but what T.O does is showboating for himself not the team. Ray wanted to bring Deion in to help the team, owens wants the ball thrown his way to help his stats. You cant compare a PLAYER like Ray Lewis (Defense) to a "character" like Terrell Owens (offense). Bad comparison Fiddy !
Yeah I cant compare Lewis to T.O. becuase as SESupergenius and T.O. himself pointed out, T.O doesnt have a murder charge to his name but Lewis does. And I classify being caught up in a murder trail a big scene off the field. Owens wants the ball thrown his way to help his team win. Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston or T.O. Which one would you rather throw the ball, too???

Yes, Lewis brought in Dieon but who did he want first??? That's right. He wanted T.O.

(T.O. dances too: The pom-poms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Oh, so because he's a highly talented receiver, it gives him the right to act like a childish self-centered punk, huh? Sorry, that doesn't fly with me.
How is he self-centered???

WWJD: What did you think of Irvin??? He had a big mouth. Also, didnt Emmitt Smith mimick T.O. and go to the star??? Shouldnt of Smith been the "better" man and stayed out of it???

Old 02-08-2005   #19
Boxscore
All Pro

I love to watch TO. He came to play on Sunday to help the Eagles in their quest for the super bowl. He proved to his doctors that he could do it. I have heard people compare him with Randy Moss as far as their reputation goes. There is no comparison. Moss dogs it. TO gives 110% at all times when on the field. My top three TO TD celebrations:

1 The autograph - Didn't he give the football to a kid in the stands?
2 The cell phone
3 The Pom Poms (Classic)
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
I love to watch TO. He came to play on Sunday to help the Eagles in their quest for the super bowl. He proved to his doctors that he could do it. I have heard people compare him with Randy Moss as far as their reputation goes. There is no comparison. Moss dogs it. TO gives 110% at all times when on the field. My top three TO TD celebrations:

1 The autograph - Didn't he give the football to a kid in the stands?
2 The cell phone
3 The Pom Poms (Classic)
The cell phone was Joe Horn...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read