Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2009   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rosenfarve!

Thanks Aj for the good laugh! MNF against the Vikes just became very interesting! Should be a lot of fun watching those two duke it out!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosenfarve!

Now I can't even go to a Texans forum w/o hearing about this jackass?? My head is going to explode.
Old 08-19-2009   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This does make our preseason Monday nighter a lot more interesting. Our guys better get riled and ready for this one because the game will draw a larger crowd than originally expected.

I am glad that Favre came back. I can relate to him, dying to put those pads back on. Good luck Brett, but watch out for #90 in two weeks.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel bad for Rosenfels
Old 08-19-2009   #5
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I feel bad for Rosenfels
Man I do to. He finally had his chance and BAM .... gone. He really looked pretty good against the Colts this past weekend. Oh well eventually he will be the starter some where.
Old 08-19-2009   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

......for the Vikings. Favre's shoulder will not hold up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just came across this. I don't believe there's been any significant reports of this game time injury.

Quote:
Meanwhile, quarterback Sage Rosenfels missed a third day of practice because of an injury to his right ankle suffered early in the Vikings' preseason victory over Indianapolis. Rosenfels played two series in that game but hasn't been able to practice since.

"I'm just trying to get my ankle fixed right now," Rosenfels said when asked about Favre's arrival. "It's feeling pretty good for the most part, but just trying to get that right."
Link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2009   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Just came across this. I don't believe there's been any significant reports of this game time injury.

Link
The Vikes are playing all their injuries close to the vest, I think. They were showing Rosenfels limping around when he hurt it.

Tavaris... injured. Rosenfels... injured. This could have been a partial catalyst in Favre coming in.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #9
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel bad for Rosenfels
I do to. I bet given the choice to backup here, or Minnesota he would pick here.
Old 08-19-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
I do to. I bet given the choice to backup here, or Minnesota he would pick here.
I doubt it. At least it didn't sound that way in his little interview. He said the Vikings are the most talented team he's ever been a part of. I kinda agree with him.
Old 08-19-2009   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Favre, but if I were Sage I'd welcome him to Minnesota with a hearty handshake and an even heartier shot to nuts. Poor Sage just can't catch a break.
Old 08-19-2009   #12
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I doubt it. At least it didn't sound that way in his little interview. He said the Vikings are the most talented team he's ever been a part of. I kinda agree with him.

I agree with the bolded. My point (and it is probably moot considering he has a chance to go to the Super Bowl) is that I think he will receive superior coaching here, and I would think he has some animosity (hidden) towards Brett. He had a chance to compete for the starting job at Minny and now he doesn't. Same situation as he had here, but we all know he has a better chance to get on the field because of injury at Minny.....right????
Old 08-19-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
I agree with the bolded. My point (and it is probably moot considering he has a chance to go to the Super Bowl) is that I think he will receive superior coaching here, and I would think he has some animosity (hidden) towards Brett. He had a chance to compete for the starting job at Minny and now he doesn't. Same situation as he had here, but we all know he has a better chance to get on the field because of injury at Minny.....right????
Touche, point taken.
Old 08-19-2009   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Now I can't even go to a Texans forum w/o hearing about this jackass?? My head is going to explode.
Sums it up.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Welcome to Vikingtalk.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Our guys better get riled and ready for this one because the game will draw a larger crowd than originally expected.
Why? I think the starters need to just sit this one out. No need to risk getting injured on a stupid pre-season game. Let the guys play that are just trying to make the team.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Why? I think the starters need to just sit this one out. No need to risk getting injured on a stupid pre-season game. Let the guys play that are just trying to make the team.
It's the 3rd preseason game. That's the game the starters see the most playing time. Usually around 3 quarters.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I love Favre, but if I were Sage I'd welcome him to Minnesota with a hearty handshake and an even heartier shot to nuts. Poor Sage just can't catch a break.
You think Sage is secretly wishing Mario will sack Farve and knock him out for the season?

Or maybe he's on the phone with Mario.... Mario! Old buddy! Can you do me a favor?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #19
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
It's the 3rd preseason game. That's the game the starters see the most playing time. Usually around 3 quarters.
Sorry...I forgot! For some reason I was thinking it was the last game of the season.

I still would rather see them sit out more of the game than risk injury.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I love Farve and Sage. I do think Brett should have stayed retired because of his injury and he is an old geezer. He is only hurting his career now and as a fan of his I wish he'd stop but I do understand it being hard for him to hang it up after playing so long. I hope he does retire sooner rather than later maybe one knock on his butt by Mario on Monday night will help him make a better call and do what is best for him next time around and that would be for him to retire. I'll still route for Brett just not against the Texans of course. I do place some of the blame on Minny for telling Sage he'll have a chance to win the starting job and then going out and signing an older more injury prone QB such as Brett Farve is now. Sage had his best chance to be the starter this season and I don't feel Farve is going to be much of an upgrade over Sage at this late stage in Farve's career as matter of fact Sage might even have a litte more zip on his passes at this point. I feel bad for Sage because it was his job to loose untill Brett come along to claim it but with Brett's recent injury history I doubt he'll finish the season and Sage is going to be back in the drivers seat with his own chance to shine once again. Coach Brad better hope Brett has something left in his tank or he'll soon be out of a job. Just sit back Sage and enjoy the ride your day to start will be here very soon.

Last edited by gary; 08-19-2009 at 02:20 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read