Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2009   #121
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason game 2:New Orleans @ Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu4u View Post
...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B...
Thank goodness.
Old 08-22-2009   #122
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well we almost made the playoffs on Drew's arm...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B....he cant do all the things Bush can...come on man what you smokin...P.T will be the bruiser and Bush will get his touches as well...and probably lead the league in Tds again..... he's just a special player...and everyone puts him under the microscope..when your that good all eyes are on you...so if you ask most people they dont even know who Slaton is...as well as Mario Williams to be honest....we have a True NFL star in Bush and like ive said b4 everyone is watching
1) Slaton is actually a better back than Bush.. Rushed for over a 1000, he was brought in to 2 be a 3rd down back because of his ability to catch passes in the backfield.. IMHO he's a better version of Reggie Bush.. Reggie act's like he's afraid of getting hit.. that's why he choose to run on the outside and try to use his speed.. but the corner's in the NFL are a lot faster than the one's in college

2) He was a special player in college and high school.. now that some year's have passed.. I noticed he was really.. really.. over-rated, u can thank that high school mix-tape for that.. not to mention he's put under a microscrope because people expected so much more

3)We'll Slaton was a rookie last year.. 1 of 3 to rush for a 1000 yards, and how can u say most people don't kno who Mario Williams is???? If people know Reggie Bush.. there's a good chance thay know Mario Williams.. and I'm sure the fact that Mario's a top 5 DE in the NFL help's too.. meaning he's number 1 on the scouting report

4) Dateing Kim Kardashian make's u a true NFL Star??? What has he done lately?
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #123
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is the MOSt dangerous man in the NFL to take it to the house...
Oh look, the "take it to the house" pre-draft argument.

Bush (3 years) runs 20+ (7) 40+ (1)

Slaton (1 year) runs 20+ (13) 40+ (5)

The most dangerous man seems a little flaccid.
Old 08-22-2009   #124
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

LAWD! Are we STILL arguing about this??

We didn't take him because we needed an impact defensive player worse than we needed a 3rd down back. The Denver-style running game is one where you patiently follow your blocking, spot the hole, make one cut and head north. Bush has been in the league 3 (going on four) yrs and still hasn't mastered that simple task. That's why old man Deuce and Pierre carried the sAints running attack last year.

The one thing Bush HAD going for him was speed and quickness. I'll be the first to admit that there was a time that if "he was even, he was leavin'". Now that he's got off-and-on knee issues that edge may be fading. And people say Schaub has durability issues.

Bottom Line:
I'm glad the sAint fans are happy with Hollywood Bush.
I'm certainly happy with Super Mario.
I wouldn't give up Mario for Bush now even if you threw in Marcus Colston and Drew Brees. (although, I think about it for a sec)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #125
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL...well i will tell you this... ive lived in H-town and played here for 15 yrs... and am considered the best Blues guitar player in town...u can say what you want everybody here wanted Reggie Bush...or Vince Y..dont lie u know im right..lol..Reggie has got us 1 game away from a super bowl and that was his frikin rookie season....so that pick for Saints fans was spot on..we have had many dominate defensive players and having a threat everytime he touches the ball on offense is a fan dream..so dog R.G all you want ..just remember ...u all wanted him deep down inside and when he breaks out this season and stays on the field for 16 games and is part of this super bowl team...the PICK will have paid off... So get ready !!! all u haters ..when he dives in the endzone like he did in the CHAMPIONSHIP Game ...... all the world will see what we as SAINTS fans have known...When you have a special talent everybody is jealous ...lol...so be ready to be humbled.....

see ya at the game....

This and all of the rest of your posts in this thread are nothing but hyperbole garbage. Deuce McAllister, Drew Brees, and Marques Colston (The real rookie sensation for the Saints in 2006) would probably be a little upset that you are giving all of their credit to a not-very-good RB2. None of your posts have any facts behind the opinions, you're basically just saying whatever you would think would piss off Texans fans. I'll give you some factless opinions that you can think about:

1.) If Reggie was our pick in 2006, you can be garunteed that he would be viewed in a very negative light in Houston. People would call him a bust (and he is) every time his name would be brought up on SR610.

2.) Reggie Bush obviously proved that he doesn't have his head in the game in 2007 when he spent more time in front of a camera than he did behind his offensive line.

3.) 40 million dollars for a guy who's not a good RB (he's not), not a good WR (He's not), and an okay punt returner is ridiculous. He should've re-structred his contract because he is STEALING (see, caps to make my statement more true) from the Saints organization.

Hell your grammar practically invalidates most of your posts anyway, but I'm sure my fellow Texans fans will fisk you up and down for good measure. Nobody here is going to agree with you that Reggie has lead anything other than Kim Kardashian and even then, Ray Jay hit that hole quicker and with more authority.
Old 08-22-2009   #126
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Oh look, the "take it to the house" pre-draft argument.

Bush (3 years) runs 20+ (7) 40+ (1)

Slaton (1 year) runs 20+ (13) 40+ (5)

The most dangerous man seems a little flaccid.
Cak,

You don't understand...........2blu4u is speaking (in tongue, obviously) about RB's prowess with another type of "runs."

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #127
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Won't go any further into the whole Reggie vs. Mario debate because its been beaten to a pulp and opinions aren't likely to change via our message board debate but I will say this: If Jammal Brown is good to go for the opener I expect the Saints offense, with or without Reggie, to be the best in the NFL and I expect them to win at least 10 games. Their defense doesn't even need to be average imo. That offense is just loaded. I love Pierre Thomas and Drew Brees is an absolute stud. They are deep and talented at WR and have a solid Oline. Having guys like Reggie and Shockey produce for them would be nice but that ship can still cruise without them.
Old 08-22-2009   #128
One Time
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 One Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
1. You made a statement that was ignorant, in regards to why our name is the Texans. No need to try and spin it.

2. "We all knew Bush would not be an every down running back" is a statement that attempts to excuse his lack of production at the position of running back. I don't think your team drafted the guy at No. 2 and paid him all that money to field punts and be a situational player. They had hoped he would be a dazzling running back; I believe the media called him "The next Gale Sayers."

Deep down, under that gold and silver exterior of yours, you know that Reggie Bush has not fulfilled the overwhelming hype and promise that everyone but Texans fans has placed upon him.

And, score one for us (for a change), we finally did something right. But even when we do something right, we still have to be wrong. We still have to come up on the short end of the stick. When David Carr was here, ESPN had a commercial showing him on the field all by himself--A very untrue picture of what the problem REALLY was (David Carr). Then came the draft, and all the Madden video game commercials with Vince Young and Bush slamming the Texans for passing on them. And the dozen commercials featuring Reggie Bush, already a lock for the hall of fame. And the media's relentless kicking of our Texans, for over a whole year. We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

Good luck to your team this season.
Howdy Texans!

I won't rub it in too much, but the way Texan fans and Houston media talked about the Saints, I'm GLAD they spanked them! Never heard so much smack talk and homerism for pre-season game in my life. Now to address the above.

1. Was not an ignorant statement. If our basketball team can attempt to recover their old name, the question I asked was in line with why/if Houston had done the same. Case closed whiney boy.

2. Don't take your frustration from the media out on me. Saints fans KNEW he would not be an every down back because he wasn't even used as one at USC. It was plainly obvious, ESPECIALLY when the Saints had 240 Ilb Deuce McCallister already on the roster. You don't follow the Saints, so don't even try to act like you can read the mind of Saints fans regarding Bush. Give it a rest.

Be happy with Williams, we are happy with Bush. Case closed.

My assesment of tonight's game?

Payton finally kept his word and seems to be learning from his mistakes. He's really making an effort to run the football, and the Saints have 2 of the best guards in the league. No excuses for 30 to 50 pass plays per game this season it seems.

Secondly, the depth on both sides is looking good, except for DT. The inside push is still not there.

Lastly, the '08 Lions went 4-0 in pre-season. So did the '00 Ravens. Which means? Nothing at all!

Good luck on the season Texans! Only 2 more of these annoying games left.
One Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #129
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well glad the saints spent that money on someone that wasn't going to be an everydown back...(I find that hard to believe that a team would do that , but it is a team that traded a whole draft for ricky williams )

anyway.. good luck on the season and hope they stay healthy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #130
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

make sure you stretch before you pat yourself and team on the back, I hate for you to be on IR for the next 4-6 weeks with tennis elbow or torn rotator cuff

Last edited by Wolf; 08-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-23-2009   #131
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and a word to Demeco Ryans...we own your house ...lol...
You realize that it was a preseason game, right?
Old 08-23-2009   #132
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but he spouted off and got the snot beat out of him...lol.....Mike Bell made him and that entire Texans D his *****!!!!...lol
I'm glad your buddy Reggie Bush was able to sit out so a real talent at Runningback could play. Kudos to him!
Old 08-23-2009   #133
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and thanks for Mike Bell..him R.B and P.T will be just fine...lol..
Yeah because when measuring how good your running game is, the Texans D is a good place to start! Not.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #134
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

lol even detroit can look good in preseason...leave troll.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #135
Wolf
100% Texan

The HOF Decoy stupified our defense by not playing.. we were geared to stop him and he didn't suit up and our defense didn't know what to do
Old 08-23-2009   #136
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL..the Texans are my team in the AFC...but the Saints have been my team for 30yrs...yall just got trucked last nite and R.B wasnt even in the game.. That defensive line for yall is terrible...man its gonna be a long season for them..but the saints D is much improved and our running game is much better and well can u say Breesus!!!...oh and Mike Bell...lol
Move back to New Orleans you sewage rat
Old 08-23-2009   #137
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
LOL..the Texans are my team in the AFC...but the Saints have been my team for 30yrs...yall just got trucked last nite and R.B wasnt even in the game.. That defensive line for yall is terrible...man its gonna be a long season for them..but the saints D is much improved and our running game is much better and well can u say Breesus!!!...oh and Mike Bell...lol
well I hope the Texans can have as much success in the playoffs over the years as your team

I am glad one game defines a (pre) season

Congrats on the win
Old 08-23-2009   #138
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
If Bush was n there it would have probably been 58 to 14...lol..we didnt need him our backups handled your starting d with ease...lol...
If Bush was in there he probably would've gotten 4 yards on 10 carries and leg injury. lol lol lol

EDIT: And shot a commercial. Forgot about Bush's greatest asset. lol lol lol
Old 08-23-2009   #139
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL ...personal arent we..oh and by the way im a native Texan...lol...so the only rat i smell here is you...just lick your wounds and move on chump...Yall got a good ole fashioned ass whoopin...i cant wait to hear Mark and Andre on 610....lol....fire Kubiak is next...lol
The bragging rights belong here turd, the last regular season meeting between these teams the Texans pants'd your retarded team.
Old 08-23-2009   #140
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and a word to Demeco Ryans...we own your house ...lol...
You know the Reliant complex really was home for about a quarter million New Orleanians in 2005. Something to keep in mind when you are running your mouth on Houstonians being mean to Louisianans about a preseason game.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read