Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2009   #101
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason game 2:New Orleans @ Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

that made my day

i just got home haveing a air soft war you made me laugh and it hurt =[
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #102
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed?
Are you confusing Bush with Ricky Williams? That other sure-fire HOFer the sAints broke the bank for?
Old 08-21-2009   #103
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

A real RB running the ball.
Old 08-22-2009   #104
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

After re-reading all of the posts I missed (I only read the triplethreat posts and responded to those)

One-Time you actually present information and stats to back up your arguments which is a lot more work than most of the goofballs put in their posts which is very commendable. However, I simply find it to be a very indefensible fact that Reggie Bush does not get the ball that often. Why is that? Why cannot he not get more touches running the ball like a traditional runningback? If the whole "he was drafted as a scat/3rd down back" then why was he drafted 2nd overall? That is a major blunder right there, and I think he was drafted to carry the freaking load of the Saints ground game. Some stats from 2006:

15 games played 8 started (Why is this?): 155 carries 565yds 3.6avg (I know Deuce carried the running game, so Bush was adequate (Definitely not mind blowing) 88rec 742yds 8.4avg (top 10 in receptions, 45th in yards the avg is below S-Jax for that year). So he's a guy who can catch out of the backfield great and pretend to run the ball but he averaged less than Ron Dayne is most stats that you would want him to be better than Ron Dayne at. I wanted to use the stats for the season he played the most games. I would also consider it the most he contributed to the Saints in a statistical and attendance manner. As I'm sure you're aware he has done nothing but declined since his, well whatever you wanna call it, season. I thought it was very "meh". For some reason Bush needs to have a guy who can carry the ball 20 times a game so that he can run the ball. He received great in his rookie season, although as you are aware, if he was a WR it'd be a meh year. As a RB pass catching hybrid he definitely was not as good as Westbrook or Steven Jackson and I'd probably put LdT on there too. Those players carried their offenses on the ground as well though. All of these stats are taken from http://www.nfl.com .

I don't know why a lot of people want to put in his punt return ability as something to really really showcase. He scored a TD. His average was pretty bad at 7.7yds for 44th place in the NFL. He had a few long ones and took 1 to the house. All the other ones were pretty mediocre. Here's the question, why is your #2 overall draft pick running back returning punts if he's that integral to the offense? I don't understand why you would risk a really expensive player that contributes a whole bunch on punt returns. It's not like he's the best PR'er ever.

Please don't say decoy. That is not even near a legitimate argument to make and I refuse to believe that "decoy" is even near what you want Bush to be doing. If he's that great and that important you want the ball in his freaking hands.

I've been listening to people pull out retarded "factoids" about Bush (And Young for that matter) for the last few years about how they are great players. Great players put up jaw dropping numbers year in and year out, are consistent, and nobody would question what they do. OC's shouldn't find a way to use you, that should jump out at them what you are great at.

Basically my argument uses stats as it's basis and it's easy to say the stats don't tell the whole story. Well they do tell a lot of the story and I just don't think Bush is a guy who produces enough to warrant the praise he gets.

Hope for an injury free game Saturday.
Old 08-22-2009   #105
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Time View Post
But Reggie had 3 in only 10 games played last year. Two in one game that single handedly kept the Saints in the game against the Vikings on Monday night (wierd game by the way). THAT is why ALL yardage is counted because it all...counts. The key is that he scores doing all those things. A pure threat EVERY time he touches the ball.

When healthy, the guy is a threat in too many different ways and has burned opposing teams doing all three. The key for him is staying healthy. When he's healthy, watch out!
Congrats you got a top notch punt returner with the 2nd overall pick in the draft. How much are you paying for that guy?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #106
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu4u View Post
if R.B was here... he would own this town...he would be the biggest star in H-Town ...theres no doubt in my mind...If the Texans were to get R.G 2maro ..he would dominate the sports media here...Matt and Rich and Mark and John and Andre would be chewing his jock all frikin day..so alll in all ..i know houston sports and its all just what you as a fan what to hear....am i right??....u know i am...
Yeah, Reggie would be talked about ALL THE TIME......for the same reasons another sports star is talked about all the time in this city.

You know the other OVERRATED, always injured, peice of crap, that people call Tracy McGrady. Yeah, he dominates the sports media here also.

Trust me, H-Town fan doesn't blindly support some guy, just because he has a nice smile. H-Town fan would've already turned on Reggie Bush by now....go ask David Carr what it was like living here when he couldn't get by on his smile and "potential" anymore. .

Reggie should just thank his lucky starts that he went to the "Big Easy" and not NY, they would have ate him alive over the last couple of seasons.
Old 08-22-2009   #107
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can u say 1 game away from the super bowl???....just wait we will get there first.... with R.B..returning punts ..catching the ball....and running as well.. thats worth every penny bra..
Can you say....It's a team sport and there's 52 other men on the roster? The signing of Brees is the reason why they were 1 game away from the SB....not Bush. (and who the hell talks about being one game away from the SB, three seasons ago LMAO!)

The only reason why Reggie gets as many receiving yards as he does, is because your coach has to justify keeping him on the field and that's the only thing he was effective at in your offense.......now he's lost his starting position to a UDFA. Yeah, that's worth EVERY penny. The guy just needs to follow Devin Hester already and become a full-time WR. Actually come to think of it......I'd rather have Devin Hester than Reggie Bush. I mean, how much is Hester getting paid?
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2009   #108
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And as far as McGreedy...R.B is light yrs ahead .. he was able to make it past the first round...lol
But unlike McGrady, Bush was just a role player so that year doesn't say crap about his success in the NFL now....He hasn't offered the Saints didly crap since that season. Atleast McGrady usually carries his team to the playoffs every year.
Old 08-22-2009   #109
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So im right???? that would be resounding YES...dont be jealous that NOLA got R.B....yall had your chance.....and took a linemen who was hurt and a nonfactor while R.B..was jukin the league out of their jockstraps...lol
LOL, Seriously?

I don't even have to respond, you're just serving yourself now
Old 08-22-2009   #110
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush isn't even as good as Steve Slaton.

Tell your boy not to fumble on the goal-line like last time he played us.
Old 08-22-2009   #111
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Reggie Bush isn't even as good as Steve Slaton.
Not to mention alot of the backs he was drafted ahead of in his own draft.
Old 08-22-2009   #112
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hey u would have taken that season ...rite?
I would be proud of my teams accomplishments, but I wouldn't be so ignorant to think the success of that season was, because of Bush. It had more to do with the resurgence of Deuce McAllister and picking up Drew Brees.

Oh crap, I forgot....Reggie Bush was the BIGGEST DECOY IN THE NFL!

yeah, another reason why I wouldn't bring up that season when trying to argue that Bush should've been the 1st overall pick.......mainly, because nobody buys that "decoy" crap.

Also I wouldn't bring up that season, becuase this is the NFL, which is a "what have you done for me lately" league and nobody cares about losing in a damn championship game almost 4 years ago! If they did care about stuff like that Donovan McNabb would be the greatest QB of all time and the Buffalo Bills would be the best NFL team that ever took the field.

Quote:
so he has already surpassed Devin Hester bra... He is the MOSt dangerous man in the NFL to take it to the house...ask Brian Ulracher...and the Minny special teams ..or Tampa Bay.....the most dangerous.....yep
Devin Hester cost a fraction of what Bush does, is a better STs player than Bush is, and he also KNOWS he's not a RB, and knows his real value. Bush is overpaid, that's why I'd take Hester.
Old 08-22-2009   #113
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Believe me the Texans coaching staff ,,next to stopping Breesus.. is stopping Bush...but you know what we wont even play him in a game that doesnt matter ....except for Houston fans to have something to talk about and call in to 610 all week.... thats the truth....lol... r u there John Complain?
I'm sure Houston would try to do what they did last time when they easily beat NOLA during the regular season...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...pe=REG&week=11

Stop the run and make Brees have to throw the ball 50 times for his yards...

Your number 2 ovrl selected back failed to give NOLA a running game to keep teams honest that year (yeah, but..but..he got his total yards ). When Duece went down, your running game went to crap, that's the reason why y'all didn't go back to the playoffs. You just can't throw on teams every down. You have to have a running game and Bush didn't give y'all one..........hopefully for y'all's sake P. Thomas will and I think he will.

I still can't believe we have posters on this board that think Bush is a better RB than Slaton.
Old 08-22-2009   #114
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well we almost made the playoffs on Drew's arm...and Slaton is a good back ,,but not R.B....he cant do all the things Bush can...come on man what you smokin...P.T will be the bruiser and Bush will get his touches as well...and probably lead the league in Tds again..... he's just a special player...and everyone puts him under the microscope..when your that good all eyes are on you...so if you ask most people they dont even know who Slaton is...as well as Mario Williams to be honest....we have a True NFL star in Bush and like ive said b4 everyone is watching
Slaton can do everything receiving wise that Bush can, he has great hands......we just don't ask him to run a damn route everytime he's in the game, because we'd rather have those attempts going to a WR who gets 12 to 15 ypc, rather than being like y'all and passing out to a scatback like Reggie who can only get 7.5. In other words, we run a traditional west coast offense, because we have a RB who can RUN the ball through the tackles and we don't have to force feed him receptions out in space to get production out of him.
Old 08-22-2009   #115
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And really the Texans dont need to worry about Bush ..its Peyton..Chris Johnson.. and M.J D...they need to worry about their D which mario is a part of... and makes more than R.B... so look in the mirror Texans fans has the Mario pick got yall to the playoffs??? They said Mario was the answer for Peyton... it aint happend yet...lol
I don't see any UDFA taking Mario's job while we try to turn him into a 3rd down situational pass rusher.....Nobody gives a crap about your failed attempt at beating a Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Hell, your own coach doesn't even care about it. Ask him if that game makes him feel safer about his job at night? That's the reason why Reggie Bush has been DEMOTED. LOL
Old 08-22-2009   #116
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I mean for christ's sake here is a avatar, people are sporting at the Saints message board...

That's only 3 seasons after you took a RB #2 ovrl....and then you want to try to convince us Reggie is better than Slaton, when you can't even convince your own home fans that Reggie is better than Thomas.
Old 08-22-2009   #117
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
U mean Thomas got promoted? did u see Deuce last yr?...he tried but wasnt what he was...so really Bush is in the same spot...
Really, that sucks......no wonder some Saints fans want to trade a 2nd round pick for Marion Barber. I guess y'all need to find a RB somewhere if Thomas isn't going to work out.
Old 08-22-2009   #118
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading the posts of 2blu4u, I'm having a hard time typing cuz I'm laughing my ass off. Could you PLEASE use the emoticon? Some people on here might think you're being serious. RB juking people out of their jockstraps!!! Man, that's some rich humor there. RB getting the sAints to within one game of the Super Bowl while having a season Jonathon Wells would be proud of. Ever hear of him? Not many outside Columbus, Ohio and Houston, Texas have.
Old 08-22-2009   #119
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL...well i will tell you this... ive lived in H-town and played here for 15 yrs... and am considered the best Blues guitar player in town...u can say what you want everybody here wanted Reggie Bush...or Vince Y..dont lie u know im right..lol..Reggie has got us 1 game away from a super bowl and that was his frikin rookie season....so that pick for Saints fans was spot on..we have had many dominate defensive players and having a threat everytime he touches the ball on offense is a fan dream..so dog R.G all you want ..just remember ...u all wanted him deep down inside and when he breaks out this season and stays on the field for 16 games and is part of this super bowl team...the PICK will have paid off... So get ready !!! all u haters ..when he dives in the endzone like he did in the CHAMPIONSHIP Game ...... all the world will see what we as SAINTS fans have known...When you have a special talent everybody is jealous ...lol...so be ready to be humbled.....

see ya at the game....
Keep your homo-erotic fantasies for yourself...
Old 08-22-2009   #120
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Keep your homo-erotic fantasies for yourself...
Eh, no problem. It's just slatonisabeast messing with our heads with his other account.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read