Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2009   #81
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason game 2:New Orleans @ Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Sorry, but this one is rather easy.

Reggie Bush in zone blocking system > Steve Slaton

Period. Bush would flourish in our system.
Mmkay

The dude can't even stay on the field.

Slaton > Bush

Period. Bush can't flourish in diddly from the training room
Old 08-21-2009   #82
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Interesting "what if" scenario there. I'm not sure I'd disagree with you, but I think Mario is more valuable to us since we already have Slaton. And Slaton has also proven to be an effective slot reciever.
Oh, in no way am I saying that I would rather have Reggie than Mario, I'd have to be insane to say that. But Reggie would be the better running back in our system given his and Slaton's running styles.
Old 08-21-2009   #83
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Mmkay

The dude can't even stay on the field.

Slaton > Bush

Period. Bush can't flourish in diddly from the training room
Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that. I love Steve don't get me wrong, and I'm glad we took Mario over Reggie, but if Bush was put into this kind of system he could be an every down back and I think (just my opinion) he would be rather good.
Old 08-21-2009   #84
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope that someone flattens Shockey like that team mate of his did two years ago on the Giants that gave him that concussion.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that.
Yes that can be argued rather easily. Bush is a dancer which is not the best thing for ZBS.
Old 08-21-2009   #86
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry, I'm just saying if Reggie was put into a system like ours he would have more success than Slaton. And there is no way you can argue that. I love Steve don't get me wrong, and I'm glad we took Mario over Reggie, but if Bush was put into this kind of system he could be an every down back and I think (just my opinion) he would be rather good.
Thats a pretty big assumption when you consider that Pierre Thomas can average a stout 4.8 yards per carry behind the same line that Reggie struggles behind. From what I have seen from Reggie he dances too much behind the los making him pretty much the anti zbs runner. He has all the tools but his running style wouldn't mesh as well in our system as Slaton's does.
Old 08-21-2009   #87
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yes that can be argued rather easily. Bush is a dancer which is not the best thing for ZBS.
Which is obviously something that can easily be fixed...
Old 08-21-2009   #88
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which is obviously something that can't easily be fixed or NFL coaches and GM's wouldn't concentrate so much on finding players that one cut and go and discount those who don't.
Old 08-21-2009   #89
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry, but this one is rather easy.

Reggie Bush in zone blocking system > Steve Slaton

Period. Bush would flourish in our system.
Quote:
Quote:
Bush is afraid of contact, therefore he dances around. It is very hard to fix nerves or balls when he has neither of them. Oh and if it was so easily fixable why has not yet been fixed?

Bush's best moment ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQUiZ6ioKw
Old 08-21-2009   #90
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a bad feeling that in this game our secondary concerns are going to be exposed badly. I really don't care who wins because it's only preseason but I think our secondary is going to get tore up by Drew Brees.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-21-2009   #92
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Worst Post Ever
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #93
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since Bush took that incredible hit, he hasn't been the same. After that, I saw him heading for the sidelines a lot instead of turning it uphill and hesitating in the backfield.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #94
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You cant win a hypothetical arguement with the blind.

However if Kubes thought Reggie was all that he would be a Texan.

Reggies two greatest hits
1. Kim Kardashian
2. Sheldon Brown knocking him on his a**
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #95
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed TK
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #96
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Interesting "what if" scenario there. I'm not sure I'd disagree with you, but I think Mario is more valuable to us since we already have Slaton. And Slaton has also proven to be an effective slot reciever.
I would disagree with that. Bush can be amazing in the open field but, IMHO, he lacks the heart to be a productive NFL RB. You have to be WILLING to take the hits. He wasn't at USC and he isn't in New Orleans.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #97
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which is obviously something that can't easily be fixed or NFL coaches and GM's wouldn't concentrate so much on finding players that one cut and go and discount those who don't.
Exactly. You don't have to look too far.............How many RB's have the Texans given up on because they wouldn't give up their Fred Astaire School of Dance technique??
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #98
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush can suddenly run between the tackles?

BTW I hear he might not play due to calf injury tomorrow tonight(was a statement running along the bottom of the TV screen earlier today while I was watching LLWS
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #99
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I would disagree with that. Bush can be amazing in the open field but, IMHO, he lacks the heart to be a productive NFL RB. You have to be WILLING to take the hits. He wasn't at USC and he isn't in New Orleans.
That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #100
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bolded the parts that are not very smart. I can easily argue that 10-12 games of Reggie Bush wouldn't be as dominant as 16 games of Slaton.

Where do you get the idea that Bush would flourish in the ZBS without seeing him play in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That, for sure, is pretty obvious.............unless this discussion has turned to weed?
You rang?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read