Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2009   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rotoworld: Texans waive Nolan, Grigsby, and McClover

No source cited.

Apparently all three are headed for IR once they clear waivers... I suspect Grigsby and McClover will get an injury settlement and be released outright at some point... but Nolan will be stashed on IR for the year.

I did a quick entry about it here, also.

I guess they'll also have to make a cut to make room for Molden returning from the PUP, no?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #2
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld: Texans waive Nolan, Grigsby, and McClover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
No source cited.

I guess they'll also have to make a cut to make room for Molden returning from the PUP, no?
Nope (thankfully) - the active (pre-season) PUP guys still count against the 80 man roster-limit, so Molden's already accounted for, and won't require a roster cut.
Old 08-18-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, yes - I knew there was some kind of rule about that. Thanks.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-18-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
No source cited.

Apparently all three are headed for IR once they clear waivers... I suspect Grigsby and McClover will get an injury settlement and be released outright at some point... but Nolan will be stashed on IR for the year.

McClover is the DL right?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
McClover is the DL right?
Yes, he was a draft pick of the Panthers, but could never stay healthy.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-18-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I never really thought Grigsby would make the final roster, but it sucks it had to end this way. He seems like great guy.
Old 08-18-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Pity about McClover. I had high hopes for him.
Old 08-18-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I never really thought Grigsby would make the final roster, but it sucks it had to end this way. He seems like great guy.
Hey you never know. Maybe a roster spot opens up later and this dude can get signed back on. Hopefully that never happens because it means someonelse got hurt but if someonelse gets waived to make room for him that could be a good thing too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

First Harrison, now Nolan. Seems like our late round safeties are jinxed. I was more excited to see what Nolan could do than I ever was with Harrison or Barber.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
First Harrison, now Nolan. Seems like our late round safeties are jinxed. I was more excited to see what Nolan could do than I ever was with Harrison or Barber.
Other than the fact he sucks, what's wrong with Harrison?
Old 08-18-2009   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough luck for Nolan. Seminole is right about looking for him to be a player rather than Harrison or Barber. Or Harrison.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody know if Jeremiah Johnson successfully passed through waivers and onto our IR list?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Too...too....

TALL!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I do agree that he sucks, but what I was referring to was their rookie years. I remember hearing good things about Harrison and then he got injured early in his rookie year. I was looking forward to Nolan but he too is injured early in the season.
Old 08-18-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Well I do agree that he sucks, but what I was referring to was their rookie years. I remember hearing good things about Harrison and then he got injured early in his rookie year. I was looking forward to Nolan but he too is injured early in the season.
Ah, gotcha

Unlike a few, I like Barber. I think he's got the size of a prototypical safety.
Old 08-18-2009   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Does anybody know if Jeremiah Johnson successfully passed through waivers and onto our IR list?
Yes - I emailed Nick Scurfield at HT.com this same question a few days ago and he says he is on IR, it just hasn't been updated to say so yet.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-18-2009   #17
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, Johnson cleared waivers and is now on IR.
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ah, gotcha

Unlike a few, I like Barber. I think he's got the size of a prototypical safety.
I think Barber has potential. He didn't play all that well last year, but from what I hear he is working very hard right now, so he should only improve. He has a big shot to grab a starting role due to the weakness of the group. Kind of like how CC Brown became a starter.
Old 08-18-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
Yes, Johnson cleared waivers and is now on IR.
I suspect that's what will happen to Nolan too. Grigsby can't go on the PS. But I think he'll be back. I think the guy they signed is a placeholder while Grigsby is on the mend.
from HT.com....
Quote:
Texans notes: With fullback Boomer Grigsby expected to be out for at least four to five weeks, the team signed fullback Jonathan Evans to provide additional depth. Evans signed with the Cowboys out of Baylor in 2005 and has bounced around the league with stints on various teams and practice squads. Evans most recently spent time on the Washington Redskins' roster….the addition of Evans will not change the playing time picture at fullback by tight end James Casey. Kubiak said that Casey will still take reps at fullback provided that he doesn't fall behind at his primary position of tight end.
Seems like I recall they pulled Boomer in to play special teams and FB. I think he'll be back.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 08-18-2009 at 07:55 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When do they HAVE to declare these things? Only T.J. and Molden are still listed on IR according to today's HT.com roster.
Probably not until the cut date in Sept, huh?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read