Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-13-2005   #61
AndreJ
All Pro

Well, I think that just about seals AJ's chances of scoring a TD. If they get the ball back they'll just run out the clock. What does he have? 1 catch for 20-30 yards? or did I miss anything?
Old 02-13-2005   #62
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

nope thats all he got. I voted for him as Pro Bowl MVP hehehe
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005   #63
AndreJ
All Pro

We're talking about AJ not getting enough chances, but poor Chad Johnson hasn't caught 1 pass. Personally i think he had a better season than any of the other AFC WR's in the Pro Bowl.
Old 02-13-2005   #64
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
We're talking about AJ not getting enough chances, but poor Chad Johnson hasn't caught 1 pass. Personally i think he had a better season than any of the other AFC WR's in the Pro Bowl.
Chad had a pretty good year yah.. Possibly better than anyone else. He owned at the best hands competition too . I guess his pepto mailing antics didnt win him any friends hehe.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005   #65
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i want to see a deep pass to andre or one of those quick hits. he needs to get his hands on the ball.
Old 02-13-2005   #66
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I disagree, I thought they did a nice job giving him credit. Said this was his frist Pro Bowl but not his last at all. They also said he was very gifted, and amazing after the catch.

They did say that Brady's passes were always good, but most of the talk was around AJ
I guess I'm still a little bitter from the Packer game when D-Rob made a spectacular diving INT on Favre and the entire crew was talking about, "What a pass from Favre!!!"...

Not to mention the couple of times they got the names of our players wrong...
Old 02-14-2005   #67
THEFUTURE
All Pro

was it just me, or was one of those commentators calling chad johnson, charles for like 5 min without catching himself
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2005   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad Johnson was very impressive in the hands contest. He has incredible hand-eye as well as body control.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #69
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Brady's Int, just had to be thrown at AJ. That sucks.
TEXANS84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #70
THEFUTURE
All Pro

he definatly was impressive in the hand contest vinny, those balls were flying... the part i loved most about that tho, was how Tony Gonzalez said Tight Ends have better hands, because they cant get open as much as WR, then he quits the Skills Comp. because his hands hurt cuz he couldnt catch the balls
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #71
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that Don Ho is to Honolulu what Wayne Newton is to Las Vegas. He's "the man" of the island.

A Live Cam from Honolulu:

http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras...ch/waikiki.htm
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #72
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Chad Johnson was very impressive in the hands contest. He has incredible hand-eye as well as body control.
And he didnt even practice for it...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #73
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

This picture is just crazy...look at Dre's bicept muscle compared to Holt's.

Old 02-14-2005   #74
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
was it just me, or was one of those commentators calling chad johnson, charles for like 5 min without catching himself
From Profootball Weekly's observations about the pro-bowl:

2. The ESPN “Sunday Night Football” crew of Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire seemed unprepared for the telecast. Two examples: The crew called Bengals WR Chad Johnson “Charles Johnson” on at least two occasions. (More proof the Bengals get no respect. I mean, Chad Johnson’s caught 185 passes and 19 touchdowns in the last two seasons.) Also, Maguire mistook Redskins LB Marcus Washington for a cornerback on a TD catch by Chargers TE Antonio Gates.
Old 02-14-2005   #75
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Maybe the crew had one too many Mai Thai's before the game.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read