Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2005   #21
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Its also neat to read he footed the bill for Bradford, Gaffney, Armstrong, and the quarterbacks coach to go.
I sure he wouldn't mind winning the $35K so that it wont hit as pocket as much.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #22
THEFUTURE
All Pro

yeah, they are televised, i think 6 ET... but what bothers me most is why isnt there as much hype over the pro bowl like there is the super bowl? do the ADC/ NFC play for anything like MLB does? to keep it competitive... you would think that their would be just as many people watching if the players played hard, and had something to play for... but also.. wont peyton manning be in heaven? i say the opening play you have manning at QB with a 4 WR set, and let Peyton rip one deep to AJ, i say a 70 yard TD reception will do
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #23
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Who has been to the probowl? Someone suggested a trip next year, and I thought cool, but the main question is how easy is it to get tickets, cost, and if hotels near the event are at a premium. It doesn't appear that the cost would be anywhere near that of the Superbowl, and could turn out to be a nice February vacation. Help, please.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #24
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I've been to Hawaii, and hotels there are always at a premium. Especially around Waikiki and Honolulu. They really get busy around Christmas time because Japanese tourists have a different view of Christmas than what we do here in America. Apparently Christmas day is regarded as a romantic day, and a good day to propose to your girlfriend. So Hawaiian hotels offer packages and such to try and lure the tourists in, and I believe there money goes farther in Hawaii too. BTW a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts costs 12 dollars over there. Yikes! It's beautiful there, and they definately love their football there too. I'm sure getting a Pro Bowl ticket would be easier than getting a Super Bowl ticket. If you do try and make a trip there to see the Pro Bowl I reccomend you try and stay a week or two, and see the other islands. They're each so different, and so beautiful in their own way. Would love to go back.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #25
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Going to the Pro Bowl itself is probably not that expensive (aside from flying), but I wouldn't bypass the chance to visit the islands while there.
They are beautiful. If possible, take several days for island-hopping. As texasguy346 said, the islands all give you something different. Oahu with Honolulu and Waikiki Beach (with the strangest trees I've ever seen) is the main island. Aloha Stadium is out HI highway about 20-30 minutes away from Honolulu. Pearl Harbor is out there also.
Maui is the favorite of many people. It has the famous Road to Hana; a long, winding mystical trip thru Puaakaa State Park that takes you to Haleakala Visitor Center (House of the Sun) at an elevation of 9800 up in the clouds. My personal favorite was the big island of Hawaii. Kona has the most beautiful flowers and greenery growing from the ashes of lava. The volcanos were very active at the time and lava flow had closed roads as it swallowed homes and cars on its way to the ocean. Watching it firsthand was unbelieveable. That is the only place in the world with black sand beaches.
Most expensive trip of my life, but I too would love to go back.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hmmm..they already filmed the skills competition...here is a photo of the final run. Looks like Dre's a step behind Rossum.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #27
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

thanks a whole helluva a lot for not posting a spoiler warning before you posted that
Old 02-12-2005   #28
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Calm down Cujo, you cant tell who won...
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
thanks a whole helluva a lot for not posting a spoiler warning before you posted that
That's off of this site and it doesn't say who won it. I know how it turned out though

Catch it on the tube in a few hours.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

VINNY!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go to work! E-mail me who won!! PURTY PLEASE!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #31
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Aww man I wanna know, that way if he wins I can stay and watch, but if he loses I want to go the our basketball game at 4!
Old 02-12-2005   #32
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I saw an interview with rod woodson and AJ maybe AJ won... gotta be optimistic
Old 02-12-2005   #33
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

my bad, thought the red line was the finish line

phew, so you're tellin' me theres a chance????

Old 02-12-2005   #34
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Going to the Pro Bowl itself is probably not that expensive (aside from flying), but I wouldn't bypass the chance to visit the islands while there.
They are beautiful. If possible, take several days for island-hopping. As texasguy346 said, the islands all give you something different. Oahu with Honolulu and Waikiki Beach (with the strangest trees I've ever seen) is the main island. Pearl Harbor is out there also.
Maui is the favorite of many people. It has the famous Road to Hana; a long, winding mystical trip thru Puaakaa State Park that takes you to Haleakala Visitor Center (House of the Sun) at an elevation of 9800 up in the clouds. My personal favorite was the big island of Hawaii. Kona has the most beautiful flowers and greenery growing from the ashes of lava. The volcanos were very active at the time and lava flow had closed roads as it swallowed homes and cars on its way to the ocean. Watching it firsthand was unbelieveable. That is the only place in the world with black sand beaches.
Most expensive trip of my life, but I too would love to go back.
I was lucky enough to go on a cruise where we visited every Island for about a day or so, and on some of the islands we'd visit twice on opposite sides of the island. The trees out there are insane. There can be what looks like a forrest of trees that in actuallity is only one tree. Maui has some beautiful beaches, and Honolulu is more of the LA of Hawaii. They have lots of shopping and tourist attractions. Kona is absolutely beautiful. We actually took a helicopter tour of the volcano, and we saw much of the island. It was amazing to be able to see down into a hole in a lava tube and see the lava flowing beneath it. Lava is one of those sights that pictures and videos just can't do justice. It's almost like staring into the sun. It is so bright, and being up in the air you almost forget that you're above one of the most destructive forces known to man. They also offer hiking trips around the volcano, but many people venture about the volcano on their own. Tragically, our pilot told us that around 20 hikers a year die while hiking around the volcano because they venture into a fresh patch of rock that breaks away and they fall into the molten magma below. Also, large chunks of the volcanic rock that make up the island actually break off in chunks of a few acres at a time. There are parts of the island where there is no plumbing or sewer systems because they are on land that is likely to be in the path of a lava flow if the volcano errupts. So residents have to collect their own water in what looks like above ground pools with a black mesh cover on top of them. I also was able to go scuba diving while I visited Lahaina. It was a great experience, but I definately learned that scuba diving isn't for me. Guess I'm destined to be a snorkeler. I, too, would love to go back, all I have to do is save up the money for it again. How does the year 2080 sound?
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #35
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is still in.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #36
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

It happened yesterday but I think Vinny is the only one who knows what happened. This is the first time its been televised.
Old 02-12-2005   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I also was able to go scuba diving while I visited Lahaina. It was a great experience, but I definately learned that scuba diving isn't for me. Guess I'm destined to be a snorkeler. I, too, would love to go back, all I have to do is save up the money for it again. How does the year 2080 sound?
I went to Maui about 6 years ago for my sisters wedding & had a blast. Stayed in Kaanapali and jet skied every day. I got a good deal on airfare & hotel for a week (Westin), but the whole trip still cost well over $3K.

I went during football season, and on Sunday we went into Lahaina at about 7 AM & watched the games. A place called Moose's(?) had all of the games and after we finished, we still had all day to hang out on the beach. It was great. Next time I have a few thousand burning a hole in my pocket, I'm going back.
Old 02-13-2005   #38
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
is the 40 yard race gonna be televised?
They said the race was only over 35 yards ! Gotta put a big man @ a disadvantage since they almost always have a slower start than a short
sprinter. This Rossum guy is listed @ 5'8" so he's more than half a foot shorter
than AJ.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005   #39
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

tickets were available in the middle of the playoffs... pretty good seats i saw them on ticketmaster
Old 02-13-2005   #40
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Hey is there anyone who can record the probowl game on dvd for me...I forgot i had to work tonite and i'll die if i can't see that game... I'd gladly pay for it....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read