Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-07-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Memories

I stole this off the Titans Board...thought it was great and wanted to share this with you guys.

I haven't seen some of these names in some time. Brings back memories.

The Old Oilers
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #2
Havoc
Veteran

Those jerseys are killer

I wish they would go back to the old days with one face mask, players respected each other, and no Mannings, Owens, Gastinaeu etc.

Gongrats Patriots.
Old 02-07-2005   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Probably not many memories there for Titan fans.
Where was Jeppessen Stadium? 60-64 ...
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i wonder if the nfl had good dental insurance for the employees back when they didnt have to wear face masks !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Last time I ran into Elvin, he had joined the Aeros...

Old 02-08-2005   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

WoW!! Did that ever stir up some buried emotions! I remember going to the first game the Oilers played at Jeppesen stadium, I was 13 y/o, and the thrill of being there still lingers with me to this day.

If my memory is still somewhat intact, I think the old Jeppesen Stadium was on the Southeast side of Houston, close to the UH campus. I also remember going to the first Oiler game in the magnificent DOME! I was one of the poorest kids in Pasadena at the time, but I felt like a millionaire that day! Back then, football players played for the love of the game, not the love of money! Great memories of a time in football history that we will never see again.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeppesen is Robertson on the UH campus. It's been renovated a time or two since those days.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2005   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i was only able to go to 2 oiler games in my life...only being 21 i wasn't able to remember the first one which i've been told was the last game of the season when warren moon took the team to playoffs only to lose to that team in buffalo...the one i do remember the last season the oilers were in houston and they played the ravens at home...we won like 24-17 that game i think...just makes you sick that bud adams took that team away from us
Old 02-08-2005   #9
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of memories, this triggered a flashback I had at Reliant. After one of the games this year I saw Chris Dishman walking through the crowd and then Texan Freak flagged him down for a chat!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I still blame Mayor Lanier for losing the team.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Photo from 2000 ... Dante "El Dante" Pastorini

Old 02-08-2005   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a great pic of Haywood Jefferies giving me a big old TEXAN hug. Taken two years ago at the Taste of Texas shindig.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #13
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I remember going to some games at the Astrodome but I honestly can't remember a whole lot of what was going on. I primarily remember the plexiglass at the bottom of the aisle where the steps would end.

I do distinctly remember how angry me and my friend were when Warren Moon was traded, but then he was also probably the only player we really knew of back then. And I used to have a shirt that said "Nashville Traitors" but I think my mom got rid of it in one of her clothing purges (along with my Cody Carlson jersey). I still have a little stuffed football thing that says "Houston Oilers" and when I was born my first stuffed animal thing was an Oilers player. I took that thing everywhere when I was really little, and it still has food and other junk stuck to it from nearly 20 years ago.

It seems like after the Oilers left I quit following sports throughout middle school...then started back in High School when the Texans came about.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #14
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Default Re: Memories

I still have my "Nashville Traitors" shirt, can't wait to wear it again when they come to town. I should upgrade it and add a "Benedict Adams" pic on the back.
Old 09-09-2007   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Memories

Holy 2005 thread.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read