Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 53 man roster prediction after one game.

I know we've already had a few of these, but I thought it would be interesting to do these after each preseason game as a measuring stick of where the team appears to be at... so, here goes mine:

QB: Schaub, Orlovsky
RB: Slaton, CBrown, Moats
WR: AJ, AD, KW, DA, JJ
TE: OD, Dressen, A. Hill, J. Casey
FB: VLeach, (player to be named)
OC/G: Myers, Caldwell, Briesel, Pitts, Studdard, CWhite
OT: DBrown, Winston, Butler, Washburn
K, P: KBrown, Turk
DS: Clark Harris

DT: Okam, Okoye, Robinson, Cody, TJ
DE: Mario, Bulman, CBarwin, A. Smith
LB: Cushing, DRyans, Adibi, Diles, Bennett, CThompson
CB: Dunta, Reeves, Bennett, Molden, McCain, Quinn*
S: Barber, Wilson, Ferguson, (see Quinn)

PS: AFoster, Nolan, Busing, ABrink, AJones....
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #2
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 53 man roster prediction after one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

I think you are close, except I think they may not sign another FB. I suspect they will put Grigsby, Nolan, and Grossman on the PUP and probably keep one more safety. I also would not be hugely surprised if they do not keep a long snapper and have Casey or Dreessen do it. I think Busing may make the team also; I don't think he has any PS eligibility left as he is in his 4th year. TJ also is on the bubble IMHO and may not make the team.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #3
tex
Veteran

Darnell Jenkins makes it or he goes on the PS.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I know we've already had a few of these, but I thought it would be interesting to do these after each preseason game as a measuring stick of where the team appears to be at... so, here goes mine:

Busing is in his 4th year, right? He shouldn't have any more PS eligibility, should he?

RB: Slaton, CBrown, Moats, Foster
TE: OD, Dressen, A. Hill
FB: VLeach, J. Casey
DS: Harris

DT: Okam, Okoye, Robinson, Cody
LB: Cushing, DRyans, Adibi, Diles, Bentley, CThompson
CB: Dunta, Reeves, Bennett, Molden, McCain, Quinn
S: Barber, Wilson, Ferguson, Busing

I could be wrong about Foster but I'm not sure we can stash him on the PS. Someone's going to take him away from us if we do. I really toyed with the thought of ditching Clark Harris and having Casey or Dreessen doing the long snapping but instead, I cut Nading. It was difficult for me to cut Nading. It wasn't difficult for me to cut TJ.

But... that's a LOT of CB's. I can't see any of them we can easily get rid of. Unless we put Reeves on the PUP list to free up a spot for the first part of the season...
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read