Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2009   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans release 2009 uniform combinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They could wear pink with purple polka dots for all I care, just as long as we win.

OK, that might be to much. I can dig the all Battle Red
That would certainly convert Flaming Sparrow to become a Texans fan.
Old 08-18-2009   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is anyone irritated that the helmets for our game against the Rams shows us as being the Titans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YES!! That freakin' p's me off!!!! WTH???

*EDIT*
I just emailed them about it.

They fixed it.... But that was bad. Real bad!!!
Old 08-18-2009   #63
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I'll have the Jumbo Jack, mustard no ketchup. No I do not want cheese but thanks for asking.
Jumbo Jacks don't come with ketchup. Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I think we should stick with calling the uni's by their names. Steel Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White.
Totally agree. The Texans represent the Texas spirit of independence, which is composed of strength, courage, and liberty. As opposed to the Dallas urban cowboy spirit, which is composed of rogue degenerates, rhinestones, and cocaine.

Quote:
They could wear pink with purple polka dots for all I care, just as long as we win.
I had an idea for a team that would have red tops and argyle pants. Since that would look kind of British, they would be called the Redcoats, and they'd be in the AFC East so they could be the arch rivals of the Patriots.

Good thing I'm not an NFL commissioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Finally the jersey, colors, and logo we have right now would be the only ones any of you would ever get to see because the Texans would stay unchanged in appearance for as long as I lived. I hate it when teams tweak their looks all the time. Changes if necessary should be subtle. There should rarely be any need to change anything. That's how you get a classic look like the Steelers or Packers have. That would be my goal with the Texans.
I still hate the Astros' red uniforms, because the Navy/Orange/Yellow jerseys of the 80's were the most attractive and characteristic in their history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had. I love the red on red. Red is power, and it makes them look more intimidating.
Unless the opponents have giggle fits because the Texans look like they're in unitards and helmets.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #64
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
It has been fixed.
Quote:
They fixed it.... But that was bad. Real bad!!!
Old 08-18-2009   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Dude, I've ignored you for years.
Old 08-18-2009   #66
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

I love the battle red uniforms.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #67
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, I've ignored you for years.
Hence why I am the invisible poster. So when is your other self getting here?
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2009   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Ya I love the red on red,

White on White is Alright.
I hate the red on red.

I love the white on white...

Go figure..
Old 08-18-2009   #69
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
absolutely.

Signed,
Dom Capers - 1st home game of the 2005 season vs. Pittsburgh.
lol! yeah, especially when the VISITING team brings cooled benches and our dumbass coaches had our players sitting on metal benches being warmed up by the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If I owned this team red/red wouldn't exist. We'd wear our home jerseys when we were at home and our away jerseys when we were away (unless the home team dictated othewise).

We'd always wear the opposite color pants (blue/white, white/blue).

Twice a year we'd wear our Battle Red jerseys at home and if we played in prime time that would be when we'd do it at least once. I'd save one of the days though for a Sunday game.

We'd wear those red jerseys with either blue or white pants but never red. It does not look good in my opinion.

Finally the jersey, colors, and logo we have right now would be the only ones any of you would ever get to see because the Texans would stay unchanged in appearance for as long as I lived. I hate it when teams tweak their looks all the time. Changes if necessary should be subtle. There should rarely be any need to change anything. That's how you get a classic look like the Steelers or Packers have. That would be my goal with the Texans.
My thoughts exactly. But, we're old school, and the ADD-fan does not find our old ways to be exciting these days.

All red looks like used feminine hygiene products to me. Sorry to be gross, ladies of the board, but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see FOOTBALL players decked out in all red unis. I really hate the look and reminds me that money is what so much of this is about. Put white fluff on their ankles and wrists and call them Santa Claus. It just looks cheerleaderish, IMO.
Old 08-18-2009   #70
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OK, that might be to much. I can dig the all Battle Red
A local team where I grew up called themselves Herlev Rebels, they were going with white helmets with pink lingerie painted on them. Unfortunately their local sponsor objected and they went with something else... boring
Old 08-18-2009   #71
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thorn rates the uniforms:

1. Blue top, white bottom
2. All white
3. All blue
4. White top, blue bottom (boring)
5. All red (should be red top, white bottom)

If you disagree with me, you are obviously wrong. LOL
Dan rates the uniforms: (better than Thorn!)

1. Red Top Blue Bottom - hasn't been done yet, but it'd be kickin'
2. All Blue
3. All Red
4. Blue Top, White Bottom
5. White Top, Blue Bottom
6. Red Top, White Bottom
7. Blue Top, Red Bottom - another hasn't been done yet
8. All White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously Thorn.
Old 08-18-2009   #72
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thorn rates the uniforms:

1. Blue top, white bottom
2. All white
3. All blue
4. White top, blue bottom (boring)
5. All red (should be red top, white bottom)

If you disagree with me, you are obviously wrong. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Dan rates the uniforms: (better than Thorn!)

1. Red Top Blue Bottom - hasn't been done yet, but it'd be kickin'
2. All Blue
3. All Red
4. Blue Top, White Bottom
5. White Top, Blue Bottom
6. Red Top, White Bottom
7. Blue Top, Red Bottom - another hasn't been done yet
8. All White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously Thorn.
Brakos rates the uniforms: (better than Dan, but worse than Thorn)

1. Blue/Blue
2. Red/Red
3. White/Red (sounds good in theory)
4. Red/White
5. Blue/White
6. White/Blue (I think I'm just tired of it)
7. White/White

If you disagree with me, you are obviously not Thorn, and wrong. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #73
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189751 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Blue/Blue is my favorite... looks evil
I don't remember them in blue/blue....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #74
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189751 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which brings me to the Saturday night game. HT.com has announced the roof will be closed. It's a night game, why not open the roof?
anyone else think that having two hurricane prone cities play during hurricane season is asking for it?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #75
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
anyone else think that having two hurricane prone cities play during hurricane season is asking for it?
So that's why we play Miami in December...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #76
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There needs to be some discipline in this thread.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #77
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I don't remember them in blue/blue....
Rosencopter game. Not that the duds had anything to do with that.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #78
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

We're on the eve of the most anticipated season since 2002 and we're talking about fashion???? Still???

Ok, here's my take;

again;

The Texans have WAAAAAAY too much going on with their unis. There's too many combinations. They have no identity. It will be 3 years in a row now where our national exposure game shows the team in red. The rest of the world thinks we where red. Not that I give a crap what everyone else thinks, but still.

When highlights are shown from the rest of the season, nobody ever notices the Texans 'cause they aren't in red. You don't have that happen with the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc. You KNOW it's the Steelers because they're ALWAYS in black and gold at home, white and gold on the road. That's it!! Except for throwback day of course.

With the Texans it's a potpourri of combinations. Who are we? Let's get a freaking identity. Blue tops/white bottoms at home, white tops/blue bottoms on the road. That's it!! Have red once a year. I don't even have a problem with the all white opener, but geez, let's tune the fashion show down a little. There's only 10 home games and they've got 15 freaking combinations they gotta squeeze in there.

It's football not a fashion show!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #79
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just give me a football game!! They can show up in their jock straps for all I care! Hummmmm, might be interesting!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #80
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Just give me a football game!! They can show up in their jock straps for all I care! Hummmmm, might be interesting!!
OK that is just not right what so ever. I have already seen a pic of Stubbard without a shirt and that was more than I wanted to see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read