Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2009   #41
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans release 2009 uniform combinations

My least favorite are the all blues. Having the same color jersey and pants is kind of high school IMO. Does anyone have a picture of us wearing the red jerseys with white pants. That was really cool. The only thing going the ketchup bottle is that we have played really well wearing them so if they keep it up I am fine with it.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #42
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is just fabulous!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm another that doesn't like the red on red with the blue hat. I also don't understand why we have to wear white at home early in the year before winter. Supposedly it's because white is cooler, but we have a roof policy that closes the roof if it's even lukewarm. Don't really understand that one.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm another that doesn't like the red on red with the blue hat. I also don't understand why we have to wear white at home early in the year before winter. Supposedly it's because white is cooler, but we have a roof policy that closes the roof if it's even lukewarm. Don't really understand that one.
Which brings me to the Saturday night game. HT.com has announced the roof will be closed. It's a night game, why not open the roof?
Old 08-18-2009   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Thorn rates the uniforms:

1. Blue top, white bottom
2. All white
3. All blue
4. White top, blue bottom (boring)
5. All red (should be red top, white bottom)

If you disagree with me, you are obviously wrong. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Yes, it's just precious. TB can now adjust his outfit accordingly.
Old 08-18-2009   #47
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Dude, I'm with you. I hate the ketchup bottles. I can't imagine how it was decided those things looked suitable for public consumption.
I freaking love the all Battle Red.....I think it should be our regular jersies. the whole team and stadium colored Battle Red ...intimidating.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2009   #48
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If I owned this team red/red wouldn't exist. We'd wear our home jerseys when we were at home and our away jerseys when we were away (unless the home team dictated othewise).

We'd always wear the opposite color pants (blue/white, white/blue).

Twice a year we'd wear our Battle Red jerseys at home and if we played in prime time that would be when we'd do it at least once. I'd save one of the days though for a Sunday game.

We'd wear those red jerseys with either blue or white pants but never red. It does not look good in my opinion.

Finally the jersey, colors, and logo we have right now would be the only ones any of you would ever get to see because the Texans would stay unchanged in appearance for as long as I lived. I hate it when teams tweak their looks all the time. Changes if necessary should be subtle. There should rarely be any need to change anything. That's how you get a classic look like the Steelers or Packers have. That would be my goal with the Texans.
Old 08-18-2009   #49
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is anyone irritated that the helmets for our game against the Rams shows us as being the Titans?
It has been fixed.
Old 08-18-2009   #50
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
My thoughts exactly. I wish we would wear the white/white on the road, it looks old school and classy. I do like the red/red though. On Madden 10 you can mix up the jersey combos down to the socks and shoes, its pretty cool. OK, that's my fashion take for the year.
Yeah, I usually do the White on White on Madden. Looks the best.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #51
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Blue/Blue is my favorite... looks evil
Me too, I wish they'd make that the standard uni.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #52
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Here you go. You were missing a little something.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #53
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

My standard Uni post is something like this:

We're a young franchise. We need to form an identity. Consistency is key. We wear Liberty White over Steel Blue the most. We should stick to that at home and for the majority of road games where the home team wears dark jerseys. This will ensure that we wear that combination the majority of the time. Our Steel Blue over Liberty White combo can be the alternate jersey when the home team wears white (dallas, etc.) and that should help form a visual brand to the Texans name. Battle Red over LIberty White combo for special games ONCE A YEAR.

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #54
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the red because other Houston teams have red as a primary color. I like the idea of consistency across teams. IMO, the coolest thing going for Pittsburgh's teams is they all wear black and gold. I also think that our standard uni's look generic. There are fewer teams wearing red than there are wearing blue and white.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #55
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Maybe I am one of the few but I love the red on red combination.
I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had. I love the red on red. Red is power, and it makes them look more intimidating. I hate the white jerseys. They are so freaking boring. The Blue over the white pants has always reminded me of the Broncos when they wear those jerseys.

REd on Red baby!

Battle Red should be every Sunday!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the red on red as well, my favorite uni's. Who gives a crap what Tony K. has to say. (which is a reason why I think some people knock them so much.)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #57
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i like the red on red...we play awesomely with it.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the red on red combination isn't by far the best uni's the Texas have ever had.
I think they look high schoolish....besides, I'm red/green color blind.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #59
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I like the blue/blue the best, but the red/red is the better of the red combos. Although kinda wish we'd wear the red/white against the Jags.

I'm neutral, leaning towards against the white/white combo though.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #60
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Red/White for me any day although I do like the Red/Red.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read