Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-17-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bud looking pretty bad

As much as we pile on the guy and hate what he did to our team, the city of Houston, etc in all seriousness he isn't looking good these days. Check out this video of him talking about VY, etc. How old is he now?

http://www.titansonline.com/media-ce...d-81caadc6b463
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud looking pretty bad

Was this video shot before or after Darth Vader threw him over the ledge? It's always hard to tell with the walking dead.
Old 08-17-2009   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know... I kinda think the look matches him. You reap what you sow.
Old 08-17-2009   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

He's looked bad since about 1967.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Adams is tripping over his own tongue and throwing Collins under the bus with his mancrush on VY. Gotta' wonder what Fisher thinks about the owner stating that VY is the future QB of the Titans, especially when he's battling it out to be a backup at this point.
Old 08-17-2009   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
As much as we pile on the guy and hate what he did to our team, the city of Houston, etc in all seriousness he isn't looking good these days. Check out this video of him talking about VY, etc. How old is he now?

http://www.titansonline.com/media-ce...d-81caadc6b463
I am over hating Bud Adams. I got the Texans now and they are starting to look like a real football team. And I guess after this year and reading all the stuff on Bud he really is the reason why we have the NFL that we have. If it was not for him the AFL might of folded and there never would of been a merger.

And I don't completely blame Adams for the Oilers moving. Eckles, Turkey neck, the Astros owner, the fans, and the sports writers of Houston all helped Adam's decision to leave.

Adams was even supportive of Houston getting the Texans.

Adams was a pioneer of the modern NFL and it will be a sad day when he passes.

Having said that, I hate, hate, the Titans with every fiber in my body.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #7
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 16897 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess you missed Bud dancing in the endzone at the HOF game?
Old 08-17-2009   #8
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Was this video shot before or after Darth Vader threw him over the ledge? It's always hard to tell with the walking dead.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I guess you missed Bud dancing in the endzone at the HOF game?
I must have missed that. Was there a Terrible Towel underneath him?
Old 08-17-2009   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am over hating Bud Adams. I got the Texans now and they are starting to look like a real football team. And I guess after this year and reading all the stuff on Bud he really is the reason why we have the NFL that we have. If it was not for him the AFL might of folded and there never would of been a merger.

And I don't completely blame Adams for the Oilers moving. Eckles, Turkey neck, the Astros owner, the fans, and the sports writers of Houston all helped Adam's decision to leave.

Adams was even supportive of Houston getting the Texans.

Adams was a pioneer of the modern NFL and it will be a sad day when he passes.

Having said that, I hate, hate, the Titans with every fiber in my body.
No offense, TR, but Adams did not need "help". He's a multi-millionaire that made that decision all by his lonesome, and if he even had a shred of decency and loyalty to this city, he would have persevered and Reliant would now be his crib and the Houston Oilers would be celebrating their 50th anniversary.

I absolutely refuse to see him as a "victim" that had no options to survive. He left this city holding a $60 million bond that was used to upgrade the Astrodome FOR HIM after he held the team hostage by courting Jacksonville. It was only a few years later that he left town with his tail between his legs and NEVER gave Oilers fans a chance to fight for the team or petition the NFL to keep them and/or the heritage in Houston. He would have outlasted the mayor just like he did all the ones before.

Ralph Wilson said in his HoF announcement press conference that teams form a bond with a community, and the ONLY reason for an owner to leave is greed and to make more money. (Wilson voted against every relocation, btw, because he's a man of character and principles.)

Blaming fans?! We showed up to games for a lame duck team that was playing, at best, mediocre football.

When I see Bud Adams all I see is a big middle finger and a giant F.U. to this city.

As far as supporting the Texans decision, he made money off of it. McNair ponied up a heckuva' lot of $$$ to get this team, and anywhere there is $$$ to be made, ol' Bud Adams is sure to give his approval. I'm sure he would have voted 'yes' to an L.A. franchise, as well (if they ever had their act together).

I'll grant the history of the AFL. But it wasn't Bud that was the pioneer. It was Lamar Hunt that deserves that honor. Without Hunt, the AFL would not have even existed.

Sorry for the rant. Watching six minutes of Bud Adams is six minutes of my life I will never get back, and it just makes me want to vomit.

On the bright side, he could be babbling on about Vince Young as our QB, so there is the silver lining to that storm cloud.
Old 08-17-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No offense, TR, but Adams did not need "help". He's a multi-millionaire that made that decision all by his lonesome, and if he even had a shred of decency and loyalty to this city, he would have persevered and Reliant would now be his crib and the Houston Oilers would be celebrating their 50th anniversary.

I absolutely refuse to see him as a "victim" that had no options to survive. He left this city holding a $60 million bond that was used to upgrade the Astrodome FOR HIM after he held the team hostage by courting Jacksonville. It was only a few years later that he left town with his tail between his legs and NEVER gave Oilers fans a chance to fight for the team or petition the NFL to keep them and/or the heritage in Houston. He would have outlasted the mayor just like he did all the ones before.

Ralph Wilson said in his HoF announcement press conference that teams form a bond with a community, and the ONLY reason for an owner to leave is greed and to make more money. (Wilson voted against every relocation, btw, because he's a man of character and principles.)

Blaming fans?! We showed up to games for a lame duck team that was playing, at best, mediocre football.

When I see Bud Adams all I see is a big middle finger and a giant F.U. to this city.

As far as supporting the Texans decision, he made money off of it. McNair ponied up a heckuva' lot of $$$ to get this team, and anywhere there is $$$ to be made, ol' Bud Adams is sure to give his approval. I'm sure he would have voted 'yes' to an L.A. franchise, as well (if they ever had their act together).

I'll grant the history of the AFL. But it wasn't Bud that was the pioneer. It was Lamar Hunt that deserves that honor. Without Hunt, the AFL would not have even existed.

Sorry for the rant. Watching six minutes of Bud Adams is six minutes of my life I will never get back, and it just makes me want to vomit.

On the bright side, he could be babbling on about Vince Young as our QB, so there is the silver lining to that storm cloud.
THIS!!^^^^^^

Do people realize that money is still owed on the original renovations to the Astrodome?? You know, the first time when he threatened to leave the city for Jacksonville?? That debt isn't set to mature for another couple of years...

Victim my ass. The taxpayers of Harris County were / are the victims.
Old 08-17-2009   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am right there with you in terms of hurt feelings. I went to every home game that last year too.

But what I am saying is that we were (as fans) were sold on the fact that we did not need a new stadium. The sport writers had big write ups on how great the dome was, Drayton McClain JR. praised the dome and said we did not need another stadium in this town, Eckles didnt back it, and Turkey neck told us we were not going to consider it and in no way was Adams really going to move the team.

We had 70 people show up for the save the Oilers rally.

We were all to blame for that mess.

Old 08-17-2009   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
THIS!!^^^^^^

Victim my ass. The taxpayers of Harris County were / are the victims.
Now I never said victim. Adams is as much to blame as everyone else. He is hot headed and temperamental. I am just saying that during that time there was no rational voice and things got out of hand and that is how we ended up where we are now.

If this city showed half as much passion toward the Oilers as they do now we could of gotten a cleveland Brown type deal. But again, 70 people out of 4 million showed up for the rally at city hall. Why would the NFL let us keep the history. I remember Tag saying if the Oilers left we would not get another team.

Old 08-17-2009   #14
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud Adams leaving Houston was the best thing that happened to Houston Football even though it sucked for all those years. If Adams hadn't moved, we'd still be going to games in the Astrodome and there would still be ZERO tailgating.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now I never said victim. Adams is as much to blame as everyone else. He is hot headed and temperamental. I am just saying that during that time there was no rational voice and things got out of hand and that is how we ended up where we are now.

If this city showed half as much passion toward the Oilers as they do now we could of gotten a cleveland Brown type deal. But again, 70 people out of 4 million showed up for the rally at city hall. Why would the NFL let us keep the history. I remember Tag saying if the Oilers left we would not get another team.
I remember a bumper sticker that made me cry back in the day...

GO ASTROS!!! And take the Oilers with you.

Some support! Ugh.
Old 08-17-2009   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Some support! Ugh.
Houston is so much of a transplant city that its hard to get rabid support for any one team. Its not like NY, or Chicago, Pit, or Green Bay with generations of loyal sports fans. (lets face it, who the hell wants to go to those places?) Instead we have 5 million people and probably over 50% of those people are not from here. Then when a bond election comes up for a new stadium that would increase there taxes they shoot it down cus they have no real emotional investment in the home team.

Old 08-17-2009   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw the videos the Chronic put up I lost all taste for kicking Bud around. He's just a dying old man now who I believe wishes things had worked out differently but can't change anything.
Old 08-17-2009   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Some support! Ugh.
I would love to have one of those stickers ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston is so much of a transplant city that its hard to get rabid support for any one team. Its not like NY, or Chicago, Pit, or Green Bay with generations of loyal sports fans. (lets face it, who the hell wants to go to those places?) Instead we have 5 million people and probably over 50% of those people are not from here. Then when a bond election comes up for a new stadium that would increase there taxes they shoot it down cus they have no real emotional investment in the home team.
Im tired of hearing this "we are a transplant" city.
We are not anymore a transplant city then Chicago or New York, its just that they have been around and had a larger population longer. Pretty much all NY and LA is transplants from other cities/countries just as Houston and pretty much all of America is.
It is not hard to get a rabid fan base in Houston, we support 4 professional teams that all have a great fanbase!!! Also, how did we get 3(maybe 4) brand new stadiums if people "shoot it down", we already proved that statement wrong.
And I am a little confused about your "who the hell wants to go to those places"..are you saying people do not want to go to NY/Chicago!?
I guess I just need some clarification
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mother Nature is undefeated, untied and unbeatable.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read