Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2009   #1
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 37 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets DE Shaun Ellis possibly out for season opener

From PFT
Quote:
When reports emerged last week that Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis will be suspended for one game due to a 2008 arrest for marijuana possession, coach Rex Ryan opted to think happy thoughts.

"I plan on Shaun being there the first game," Ryan said at the time. "Until they flat tell me that 'No he is not playing this game,' we are going on as business as usual. We expect him to be in there."

They've now told Ryan that Ellis won't be playing in the game.

The team has circulated an announcement from the league that Ellis has been suspended for the regular-season opener, due to the violation of the Substances of Abuse Policy arising from the pot arrest.

Ellis also will be fined an additional $100,000, which reflects an apparent increase in the consequences for that specific behavior. Previously, the going rate had been simply a one-game suspension.

Ellis will be required to leave the team as of Saturday, September 5. He'll be permitted to rejoin the Jets on Monday, September 14.
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #2
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ellis out for opening game

Not sure if this has been posted up yet as I haven't been on much today, but it's official, Jets DE Ellis won't be playing for the season opener.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I'd prefer we beat them without any suspension help, but I'll take it anyway.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets DE Shaun Ellis possibly out for season opener

He is out for the opening game vs the Texans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ellis out for opening game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Not sure if this has been posted up yet as I haven't been on much today, but it's official, Jets DE Ellis won't be playing for the season opener.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I'd prefer we beat them without any suspension help, but I'll take it anyway.
You know, I don't hope for anyone to not be able to play (well, ok it would be nice if Peyton Manning could miss just one game, someday) but we have had some just inbelievable injury filled seasons since we started up so it goes both ways. If it's an advantage for the Texans then so be it. I'm not apologizing for enjoying the result.
Old 08-17-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ellis out for opening game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know, I don't hope for anyone to not be able to play (well, ok it would be nice if Peyton Manning could miss just one game, someday) but we have had some just inbelievable injury filled seasons since we started up so it goes both ways. If it's an advantage for the Texans then so be it. I'm not apologizing for enjoying the result.

Amen, brother!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

WHo will Duane Brown be going against? He should do well this game and it may allow him to develop some confidence. I am hoping he will be a solid LT for Texans for about another 12 years. He has a birthday coming up the 30th.
Old 08-17-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WHo will Duane Brown be going against? He should do well this game and it may allow him to develop some confidence. I am hoping he will be a solid LT for Texans for about another 12 years. He has a birthday coming up the 30th.
Rex Ryan does all those exotic blitz's and whatnot its hard to say whose going against who. The point is the Jets are without 2 huge pieces to what they wanna do on defense and its going to be that much tougher to send those multiple blitzes into one gap which kills teams IF you have 3 stout defensive lineman holding the point of attack.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read