Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2009   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lockout Possible in 2011

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The head of the NFL Players Association is bracing players for a possible 2011 lockout.

Executive director DeMaurice Smith told reporters at Colts camp Monday that he is convinced owners will lock players out when the current labor deal expires after next season.

Smith made no demands for a new deal and expressed his willingness to discuss everything, including changes in the league's disciplinary policy.

The one caveat: He wants to know why owners backed out of the collective bargaining agreement.

OK, let's say they do decide to indeed lock the players out, and you get your renewal packages in the mail, what will you do? Wait til the last moment to send in your money, send it in like usual, but demand answers? With this being something that might be a first for me, and even though it's 2 years away, I am just trying to get a feel on what anyone here has done in the past when it came to issues like this..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lockout Possible in 2011

When I had season tickets with the Cowboys that last strike season and they had replacement players I went to the games...it was very much a different vibe but at that time I figured I had paid for them..might as well use them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lockout Possible in 2011

I'm really starting to think a lockout is really going to happen. If you've ever heard this DeMaurice Smith guy, he sounds like a guy who just wants to make a name for himself. He's not willing to budge on anything, especially not on restructuring rookie contracts which is the big hangup on the new negotiations. I understand that his job is to look out for the best interest of his clients which is the players......but many players don't even agree with the rediculous money rookies are getting paid, it's actually one of the things they agree with the owners on.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read