Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: who shail be our #2
moats 4 6.15%
brown 38 58.46%
none yet it was just the 1st game 23 35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb moats vs brown whos beter after 1st pre game

=========CAR YDS AVG TD

R. Moats 10 52 5.2 0
C. Brown 6 25 4.2 1

i was shocked when i saw the avrage

who will be long turm

as of yesterday i think moats......

buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

brown could be a shock and he will be fun to watch
heck as long as brown is healthy ill be happy

if we gota pick a back as of now moats will be behind slaton

untell we get to the redzone and let brown carry the gang

vote and post what yall think

i voted neather as of right now

Last edited by HouSportsWriter; 08-16-2009 at 05:15 PM.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #2
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: moats vs brown whos beter after 1st pre game

If they're both healthy, it's Brown for me, hands down. You can plug in Moats and the offense will keep churning, but Brown's physical style of play is a better compliment to Slaton, IMO, as well as being more suited to dictating the pace of the game to the D.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Brown's running impressed me most but the fumble docks him some points.... I think Brown's size makes him the better compliment to Steve... both guys ran very well though
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #4
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
If they're both healthy, it's Brown for me, hands down. You can plug in Moats and the offense will keep churning, but Brown's physical style of play is a better compliment to Slaton, IMO, as well as being more suited to dictating the pace of the game to the D.
Moats had a few big runs which probably helped his average. But I think this is a good problem to have. I'm hoping that we can use Moats to rest Slaton since they have similar running styles.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #5
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't look at the averages... first think about what defense each player was playing against for the most part.. Brown vs the Chief's starting D, Moats vs the Chief's second/third stringers.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If Brown is healthy, moats doesn't have a shot to be the #2 back. Moats is just a smaller, slower, and less talented Steve Slaton. Brown actually brings something different to the backfield with his size....he's a nice compliment to Slaton.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #7
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked non until I can get a better look at the 2.. but I have to admit.. Brown seemed like the power back we needed.. and I hope he can stay healty.. cuz if he play's the way he did in yesterday game.. our Red Zone TD's will improve immediately.. he look's a lot bigger than Moats
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2009   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Moats has been consistently underrated since he got here but he's really the better "Slaton backup" of the two. Brown is clearly the better "Slaton alternative" and I don't see how anyone else displaces either of these two on the roster provided that Brown stays healthy and Moats continues to perform as Slaton's understudy.
Old 08-16-2009   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Brown's running impressed me most but the fumble docks him some points.... I think Brown's size makes him the better compliment to Steve... both guys ran very well though
I thought about that too but then when you look at it the guy hasn't had any real contact since 2007 and he was playing for the first time in a rain storm. Finally that tackler put his helmet right on the ball and it's not like Brown was swinging it out there like a loaf of bread. I have to give him a pass on that. He did everything right and the defender just made a turnover happen. I give the KC player a thumbs up for making a play and at the same time I'm happy to see that Brown can still take off and go. He'll improve as he gets more reps in preseason games.

He might be the one back on our roster who needs them most. Unfortunately he's also the one back on our roster I'm cringing over every time he gets hit because I'm afraid he'll get injured again.
Old 08-16-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Moats has been consistently underrated since he got here but he's really the better "Slaton backup" of the two. Brown is clearly the better "Slaton alternative" and I don't see how anyone else displaces either of these two on the roster provided that Brown stays healthy and Moats continues to perform as Slaton's understudy.
Funny, I always thought Moats gets overrated on this board. 94 yards, 1 TD, and a 3.6 ypc average for a backup RB is nothing to write home about. It's one position on the team that we REALLY need to get better production out of....hopefully a healthy Brown (and I know that's asking alot) will do that.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to give the nod to Brown right now, but I still want to see Foster play. There's been to many nice things said about him by folks that have been to the open practices, and it's got my curiosity peeked about him.

I don't think Brown will stay healthy the whole year, he never did for the Titans, so why would the Texans be any different? I think for this year it'll be Brown when he's usable, and either Moats or Foster after that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll go with Moats because Brown made one mistake and an NFL player shouldn't ever fumble the football even though it was just a great play by the defender. Therefore Brown stinks and should be cut right this instant. NFL players should always be perfect LMHO. Both of them looked good but I want to more of them and Foster run as well before I choose who should be the number two back behind Slaton for the season.
Old 08-16-2009   #13
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

i think its would be a good idea to have moats take alot more reps next week

see if he is a stud you never know

*edit*

this is my best thread yet =o
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was only the 1st preseason game against a really bad Chiefs team, it's way to early to decide who'll be Slaton's backup. If they're both healthy to start the season then I'd have Brown as #2 behind Slaton for as long as possible so that the team can get as much out of Brown as possible before he goes down with injury. You know it's coming. Then Moats will be #2 behind Slaton probably after game 2 or 3.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I absolutely refuse to get excited about Chris "breaks like glass" Brown when he's a hangnail away from his season ending. Not gonna do it. It'd be nice if he could stay healthy, but I'm not believing it 'til I see it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just the first game.

I think Brown is definitely the better back of the two but he's got to make it out of pre-season.

Like someone else said, I see Moats as an adequate backup to Slaton because he does a lot of the same things that Slaton does just not as well. But Brown is a totally different animal and when he's healthy, he's a beast and he's our second back. When Eddie George retired, I really expected Brown to step in and be a monster in that offense, but it never happened.

I just have to see Brown get out of the pre-season and I'd like for him to play more than a couple of games.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'll go with Moats because Brown made one mistake and an NFL player shouldn't ever fumble the football even though it was just a great play by the defender. Therefore Brown stinks and should be cut right this instant. NFL players should always be perfect LMHO. Both of them looked good but I want to more of them and Foster run as well before I choose who should be the number two back behind Slaton for the season.
Gary the Merciless has spoken!
It's a good thing Schaub went 7 for 7 or he'd be gone too.

for the record, I voted "none yet..."
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Gary the Merciless has spoken!
It's a good thing Schaub went 7 for 7 or he'd be gone too.

for the record, I voted "none yet..."
Some others on this board think so Kris made his FG's so he may stay.
Old 08-16-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Some others on this board think so Kris made his FG's so he may stay.
What about A.J. and O.D.? They only caught one pass apiece and both failed to take it to the house for six.
Isn't that considered Epic Fail?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What about A.J. and O.D.? They only caught one pass apiece and both failed to take it to the house for six.
Isn't that considered Epic Fail?
rep for ya.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read