Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who was the most pleasant surprise tonight?

Okam showed us the player he should be.

Orlovsky showed a great deal of poise in the pocket.

Chris Brown showed us the road grader we need.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Who was the most pleasant surprise tonight?

Chris Brown and Okam without a doubt. Those two guys showed up to play tonight.

I expected it, but I was also very pleased with Barwin and Casey. Those two guys look like they are legit.
Old 08-15-2009   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I heard, I'd say Chris Brown, Frank Okam and Darnell Jenkins...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Okam
Casey
Busing
Barwin
Chris Brown

Those are mine. Chris Brown especially, ol' boy might be OK if he can stay on the field.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Okam, Pittman, Busing & Brown tonight. Busing played really well on special teams. Pittman looked like the best CB with the 2nd-3rd teamers to me. I didn't like Richardson. It looked like KC was picking on him way too much.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Aside from all the guys mentioned above Brice McCain had a good game. I don't recall him allowing a catch.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes bushing I dont know who he is but like some off u i bet the

Bushing & cushing dream team was swirling around yall head LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2009   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Okam
Casey
Busing
Barwin
Chris Brown

Those are mine. Chris Brown especially, ol' boy might be OK if he can stay on the field.
Ditto on the list, though I'd put Barwin higher.

I remember one weekend a couple of years ago when Chris Brown was the NFL rushing leader. Then he got injured. The rest is history.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #9
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Chris Brown by far....Next Barwin then Okam
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Okam
Casey
Busing
Barwin
Chris Brown

I would put Barwin 1st personally and would add the fact that Jacoby didn't screw up and actually had some good catches. Have to agree with the rest.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Aside from all the guys mentioned above Brice McCain had a good game. I don't recall him allowing a catch.
That would probably be the reason I didn't notice him too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Ditto on the list, though I'd put Barwin higher.

I remember one weekend a couple of years ago when Chris Brown was the NFL rushing leader. Then he got injured. The rest is history.
Barwin didn't surprise me at all. He went mostly against #2's tonight, and I expect him to be one of the Texans leading sack leaders this year. Casey didn't surprise me either, since I knew he had great hands.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

A guy not yet listed that I thought played well is Kasey Studdard. Played into the 3rd quarter and hustled on the Brown fumble. Looks to be an improved player.

A guy I'd just as soon cut now is Brandon Harrison. He looks lost on the field. Start searching the free agent lists for safeties, Rick Smith.
Old 08-15-2009   #13
Ckw

I think only one of you mentioned him, but I also have to add McCain to my list. He played very very well. He stayed with his man, put on a big hit with Demeco to cause an incompletion, and looked very confident. Very impressed with him.
Old 08-15-2009   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
A guy not yet listed that I thought played well is Kasey Studdard. Played into the 3rd quarter and hustled on the Brown fumble. Looks to be an improved player.

A guy I'd just as soon cut now is Brandon Harrison. He looks lost on the field. Start searching the free agent lists for safeties, Rick Smith.
Agree on both points. Harrison looked awful.
Old 08-15-2009   #15
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Harrison's replacement is Busing and or Nolan. I doubt we find another gem like we did last year with Eugene but who knows. I actually feel decent about the safety position because I like the top three guys.
Old 08-15-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if some quarterbacks were brought in for a tryout. Kubiak seemed PO'd at Grossman, he could be on the outs.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That would probably be the reason I didn't notice him too much.

Barwin didn't surprise me at all. He went mostly against #2's tonight, and I expect him to be one of the Texans leading sack leaders this year. Casey didn't surprise me either, since I knew he had great hands.
Barwin got his sack vs Branden Alberts. The Chiefs starting LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if some quarterbacks were brought in for a tryout. Kubiak seemed PO'd at Grossman, he could be on the outs.
Pulled hamstring as reported by Bob Allen.

EDIT: For content

The entire DL stuffed the Chiefs up and down the field. The LB's caused fumbles, all in all the defense was very pleasant.

The offense was pretty good. The running game was good, the 2nd string passing game (Because face it, 2 series of the 1st stringers is not enough data) was meh. Dan was good/bad Rex had 3 snaps before being pulled. Overall, I think our depth is better than in years past. That or our 2's can style all over what appears to be an uncoordinated team.

Last edited by b0ng; 08-15-2009 at 11:10 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Barwin got his sack vs Branden Alberts. The Chiefs starting LT.

Pulled hamstring as reported by Bob Allen.
Rex? Pulled hammy?

Hope it doesn't interfere with his trip home for the season.

BTW, Jeff George is available on the cheap if we need a head case big armed QB.
Old 08-15-2009   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

another guy not mentioned who I thought played really well was Bentley. I know he is not a rookie or even trying to make the team but he was flying all over the field and making play after play.
Old 08-15-2009   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would toss out that Moats had a pretty good game to add to the list of guys that did well.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read